LIVE from the Grand Princess - 49 days from FLL thru South America to SFO

Pia1913

Hi Pia...have been going thru ur posts. We are booked for next year on the Crown..we were wait listed for the Grand #543. Would u say the 49 day SA cruise is one not to be missed? I am now having mixed feelings. The political issues, the inclement weather affecting the ports, the cost of the Brazilian visas and Argentina reciprocity fees. I would hate spend all that money and be miserable for 49 days....my poor husband!! We did 32 days Singapore to Sydney and loved it and have 29 days Iceland British Isles booked in August.

I'm not Pia but after following her cruise decided to book a long SA cruise. The very popular 49 day from FL to LA was sold out between FL & Buenos Aires so I looked for other options. We booked a 31 day from Buenos Aires to LA on the Golden & the 14 & 17 day cruises were $500/pp/segment less than the Crown's cruise between BA & LA.

It's another option that you may want to consider & we only have to fly to BA & then to drive home from LA. :)

I had the same concerns as you but wanted a new experience & booked the cruise.

Hi Pia...have been going thru ur posts. We are booked for next year on the Crown..we were wait listed for the Grand #543. Would u say the 49 day SA cruise is one not to be missed? I am now having mixed feelings. The political issues, the inclement weather affecting the ports, the cost of the Brazilian visas and Argentina reciprocity fees. I would hate spend all that money and be miserable for 49 days....my poor husband!! We did 32 days Singapore to Sydney and loved it and have 29 days Iceland British Isles booked in August.

Briargirl,

Are you booked on the Crown leaving FLL on Feb. 15 2014? If so, please come on over and join our Roll Call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1772439&page=32

We're already a pretty active group and have several private tours scheduled.

Sue

I'm not Pia but after following her cruise decided to book a long SA cruise. The very popular 49 day from FL to LA was sold out between FL & Buenos Aires so I looked for other options. We booked a 31 day from Buenos Aires to LA on the Golden & the 14 & 17 day cruises were $500/pp/segment less than the Crown's cruise between BA & LA.

It's another option that you may want to consider & we only have to fly to BA & then to drive home from LA. :)

I had the same concerns as you but wanted a new experience & booked the cruise.

Astro is positive; Briar is sort of negative. This is a wonderful cruise and you'll love it. Cost of Visa is just that; cost of Visa. It will be good for 10 years. Mine was only good for five, but I managed to use it three times. ;)

What will be better for you both is the ship. I'm going to try not to cruise the Grand anymore. That ship is just too rundown and drydocks will not help.

Archived