A few Independence questions

We are sailing on IOS March 30th with another family and we have a few questions that hopefully you can help with.

!. Easter Sunday: Will there be an Easter Service?

2. NCAA Basketball: I believe the Regional Finals and the first two games of the Final Four will be while we are on board. Will these games be available on the ship?

3. Is the Flow Rider open during the day while in Labadee?

4. I have read that anyone under 18 cannot leave the ship in port without an adult. Does this apply to Labadee and does this apply to getting back on the ship? Two of the boys (14 and 16) possibly would prefer to go back to the ship if the Flow Rider is open during the day and then come back to the beach. Can they come and go by themselves or does an adult need to accompany them?

Thanks for any help!

I've got a couple answers...

It looks as though it is (from a Cruise Compass I found online), offering both stand-up surfing and boogie boarding at various times throughout the day.

4. I have read that anyone under 18 cannot leave the ship in port without an adult. Does this apply to Labadee and does this apply to getting back on the ship?

Technically, that is true and, yes, it does apply to Labadee as well. When a minor goes to leave the ship, an alert will sound or pop-up on the security officer's computer and they're supposed to verify that they are being accompanied by their guardian. However, that said, our 17 year old son was able to get off the ship without being questioned (he had told us that he was staying on the ship, so imagine our surprise when we saw him on Labadee).

I would imagine that they may be more diligent for younger looking kids.

Oh, I forgot about the getting back on part. That didn't seem to be checked as he went back aboard himself... without his SeaPass even as he lost it while in Labadee. They let him back on without it and he got a new SeaPass from Guest Services.

Great question, we are on the same cruise with you and I will have my 12 and 16 year old boys with me and they would be doing the same thing, probably with your boys.... we need to find this out... :)

Thanks for asking and make sure to sign up under our roll call and get in the Meet and Mingle!!

Kim

Great question, we are on the same cruise with you and I will have my 12 and 16 year old boys with me and they would be doing the same thing, probably with your boys.... we need to find this out... :)

Thanks for asking and make sure to sign up under our roll call and get in the Meet and Mingle!!

They do have Easter services, last year we met a Rabbi that is a good friend of ours now who cruises around doing the religious services on RCCL. They also had a Christian service as well.

Kim

We are sailing on IOS March 30th with another family and we have a few questions that hopefully you can help with.

!. Easter Sunday: Will there be an Easter Service?

2. NCAA Basketball: I believe the Regional Finals and the first two games of the Final Four will be while we are on board. Will these games be available on the ship?

4. I have read that anyone under 18 cannot leave the ship in port without an adult. Does this apply to Labadee and does this apply to getting back on the ship? Two of the boys (14 and 16) possibly would prefer to go back to the ship if the Flow Rider is open during the day and then come back to the beach. Can they come and go by themselves or does an adult need to accompany them?

Thanks for any help!

Thanks Daghis!...any help from someone on 1 and 2?

Do not consider this an iron-clad guarantee, but I believe that it is YES and YES.

Archived