"Guarantee" booking - when does the room get assigned?

someguyfl

This is my first time cruising Celebrity, so not the best person to answer. However, I booked about 10 days ago for a Summit cruise in March. I booked a category 12 guarantee (inside) and the cabin was assigned only a few days later. They gave us a cabin on deck 8 instead of the 2 or 3 deck I was expecting. When I went online to print out some documents, I found that the cabin had been assigned. It was still an inside, but like I said, much higher up, which most people like. Since it was far forward, however, and most of the dining opportunities are far aft, I did some snooping around to see if I could get it changed. Someone on here helped me determine what cabins were still available in the category (9) that they had assigned us to. Then our TA called to see if we could get an available cabin in that category (one in the far aft on 9). They gave it to us.

I just printed out the Z Pass and it has the correct (new)cabin, although the little online cruise booklet still reflected the original cabin number. Good luck.

You'll find answers all over the place. Of course Gaurantee could be right up until you get on the ship. We booked in Oct a guarantee conceriege and received our room status a couple of weeks ago for our cruise March 17. Actually the room we got was what we wanted to try once-toward the back of the ship.

Archived