1-19-13 My thoughts 8 nt. Indy Review

I want compensated for full cruise fare and 25% off another cruise, on board credit and anything else I can squeeze out of RCI for my pain in suffering for having to endure listening to "Have you ever been Mellow" and "The streak" (if you do not know this song please google) by the main pool during the day. Seriously, they played every bad song from the 1970's and never played a song out of the 1970's the entire cruise

I know people do in detail ship and port review so just posting my thoughts. There were ALOT of negative reviews and I was a little leery.

We arrived a day early and stayed at Holiday Inn express airport/cruise on the Causeway. Free shuttle from airport. Lots of restaurants in the area. And a walgreens one block away. Free hot breakfast. Nice, no complaints. Recommend highly

They provided shuttle service to ship thru a service. 5.00 pp. They give you a pick up time. This shuttle is a bus or van and stops at many ships . (I think there were more than 5 I beleive 7, in port that day including Oasis) We took a taxi for the 2 of us . as we left at 12:15 the people on the 11:30 shuttle were still waiting. The pier we boarded was 29 the farthest. the fare was 11.00. I feel this is a huge advantage to get your own time, not stop at other ships and there was a separate unloading area for taxi's and buses. A lot less hassle. I am not sure how much the van taxi's are.

I read of the DREADED PIER 29. No problem what so ever. Some of this was due to the taxi and not bus lane. We are diamond and most were returning passengers and by passed a waiting line. Inside it was a very short wait , the gold line and suite line were totally empty and right thru.

Check in was easy breezy. My birthday had been 3 days before she saw it and wished me a happy birthday. friendly nice. all in all from hotel to on ship was probably 25 minutes.

We had a great experience on the ship. the only problem was our stateroom attendent Francis. I know he was in a hurry the first day cleaning the room to get off the ship, we had basic towels and that was it. I had to ask for robes, got those. took 3 days to get glasses in bathrooms and soap. yes SOAP. I had a bar left over from HI . You have to request Ice on ship. we requested daily ice. sometimes we got, sometimes. not. other than searching the ship to obtain soap, never saw him.

The food was fine. to me all cruise ship food is just fine. I have never in all of our cruises had such great service on a ship. never had windjammer get me drinks or offer to get refills. ever! the service in MDR was steady and efficent. we have had drug out courses with long waits in between and skipped orders. but this was bam bam bam. fantastic. At lunch and dinner in MDR if I did not eat much of something I was asked by at least 2 people if I did not like it and they could get me something else. Never before has anyone ever cared or asked. Service in shops the same. friendly and excellent.

Oh , yeah. we were scheduled to have new menus but had the old ones. so don't go by that schedule

I had read complaints of ship still being cater to UK sailing. I bought flip flops and they were UK sizes and a Sprite can was written in Arabic. but did not find anything not US friendly as I had read.

The last night I said we have to go to the Diamond lounge, just because. It was in Olive or Twist. very nice and roomy. we could take drinks with us to dinner.

The departure was fantastic. The best we have ever experienced on any ship. We went to MDR for breakfast, went back to cabin to get our items and by then it was 8 am time for our number. went straight to deck 4 , no back up whatsoever, walked straight off. this has never ever happened. straight to bags , medium line at immigration.

Ship charges 15.80 pp for transportation to FLL airport. We took a taxi and it was 15.00 something to FLL for the both of us.

Again, just my thoughts and opinions

Captain out :)

We sail her in March.

Terminal 29 - what is the "gold and suite" line at checkin? Do you mean gold as in "gold card" - ie, a suite pax, or do you mean there is a different line for anyone who is a C&A gold level or higher?

What time did you arrive at T29? You said what time you boarded the shuttle, but with various stops, i'm not sure what time you arrived?

Did you happen to notice if there were any ship models in the stores? I heard none were sold during the UK sailings. Believe it or not, this is important to us - we always buy one. :)

I want compensated for full cruise fare and 25% off another cruise, on board credit and anything else I can squeeze out of RCI for my pain in suffering for having to endure listening to "Have you ever been Mellow" and "The streak" (if you do not know this song please google) by the main pool during the day. Seriously, they played every bad song from the 1970's and never played a song out of the 1970's the entire cruise

Captain out :)

We were on the 1/6 and 1/13 sailing and I must say I really enjoyed the 70's music vice the "caribbean steel drums" or current music. One thing I will say is the volumn was not overbearing.

We sail her in March.

Terminal 29 - what is the "gold and suite" line at checkin? Do you mean gold as in "gold card" - ie, a suite pax, or do you mean there is a different line for anyone who is a C&A gold level or higher?

What time did you arrive at T29? You said what time you boarded the shuttle, but with various stops, i'm not sure what time you arrived?

Did you happen to notice if there were any ship models in the stores? I heard none were sold during the UK sailings. Believe it or not, this is important to us - we always buy one. :)

They had a line for those booked in suites. and a line for Crown and Anchor gold members, a line for diamond, plat.,emerald. don't remember about diamond plus

We did not do the shuttle we dook a taxi. We got to the port after 12:15 and before 12:30

I was just explaining the shuttle stopped at different ships. they were loading their luggage by ship lines for different ship stops.

I did not see any ship models. Understand about it being important to you as I collect ship magnetst

I did leave one thing out. for what it is worth. at the Welcome back party they said it will be announced in March about new ships and more info but they will have 2 new Indy class ships and one Oasis class.

Thanks Kirk. (hello from Asheville) I like monkeys and if they are wearing hats all the better :D

The Captain ended his daily talk with Captain Out so I am hooked with that now

Captain out.

Archived