Cruising Single ???

katcruiser1

Hello everyone

I am crusing on the Liberty over Thanksgiving holiday.

Just a couple questions......

Does Carnival sit single cruisers with other singles for meals? I dont want to be a 3rd or 4th wheel at the table...

Does Carnival set up any type of singles activities? I like to travel alone so I can be on my own schedule, but I do enjoy meeting others...

BTW thanks to everyone who responded to my request for cabin info. I decided to go with cabin that has a window...

They will usually seat you at a large table (10 or 12 seater) and there may be some couples and there might be some singles. If you go for YTD seating then you can always switch to a different table "crowd" by moving to a later dining time.

I think that they do set up singles events like Singles M&G's in a bar, but I don't go to those. It really is just another "mechanism" to get you where you might buy drinks.

Carnival will have a meet and greet function that is normally scheduled for your first night onboard the ship. It is usually a one hour affair. Many singles usually attend this function that is normally held in the disco or bar. As for dining in the main dining room, make sure that your travel agent advises Carnival that you are traveling solo and they normally will put you at a large table with singles in your age bracket. Also check Cruise Critic's roll call for the week of your sailing. You will definitely meet fellow cruisers to spend some time with during the cruise. In reference to cruising single, I went by myself in May 1983 on Royal Caribbean's Song Of America to the Eastern Caribbean. The week of my first cruise there were one hundred singles, fifteen men and eighty five women. I was never so popular in my entire life. That cruise got me hooked! My family and I have met many wonderful people since my first cruise way back when. If you are the least bit socialable you will meet plenty of nice people just like you.

You should also check out your roll call - there may be other singles sailing that you would like to get to know - and you can also join in on any planned activities and/or excursions :)

There are also a couple of threads dedicated to single and solo cruisers....

... Also check Cruise Critic's roll call for the week of your sailing. You will definitely meet fellow cruisers to spend some time with during the cruise. ...

Good point Corby114. On my Spirit cruise last year we had a very active roll call. I was able to join the dining group of one of the roll call's sub-groups - it just took a discussion on our roll call about "Who would mind joining up dining reservations to get a group seating?" What a fun time I had with my new friends.

Archived