How do you book the ship & galley tour?

lambchoplady

My 45 days until sailing on the Epic are here! I was able to book the cirque dinner, but I can't figure out how to book the behind the scenes ship & galley tour. Does anyone know how? (We are not suite or platinum).

Also, if you book a specialty restaurant on embarkation night do you get the free bottle of wine? Or, do you have to buy the 3 dinner oackage to get it?

My 45 days until sailing on the Epic are here! I was able to book the cirque dinner, but I can't figure out how to book the behind the scenes ship & galley tour. Does anyone know how? (We are not suite or platinum).

You can't book it in advance. Just like the Chef's table, it has to be booked once onboard. Just go to the guest services and ask for it.

I've heard of the Captain's Table. What is the Chef's Table aboard a cruise ship? Why is it worth $55 a head? Just wondering.

DML

The Chef's Table on Norwegian is $75. It's a special multi-course meal along with wine pairings. I think it's worth it to try. If you're a meat eater, you'll love it. It's held once on 7 day voyages and there is limited seating of 12 diners and if you're interested, sign up as soon as you board as spaces run out quickly.

I've some photos here: http://travelxena.com/norwegian-epic-transatlantic-miami-to-barcelona/

And this is a picture of the menu so that you can get a better idea of what they offer. Let me know if you have trouble viewing it, I would insert it here, but it's a very large photo.

We're not big on wines, save the ones from my family's private winery that we'll be bringing aboard with us. We like meat and cheeses, but I think we would pass on the wine. Thank you for the information! I was just wondering what it consisted of, and you answered that beautifully.

I'm glad that I could be of help. :) Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for the answers. Do you book Chef's Table at guest services,too? Right now I have a list of "Things to do when we get onboard":

Book Chef's Tour

Book Ship & Galley tour

Buy wine package

Stash luggage at Headliners

Eat at Taste

It would be really nice if I could do the first 3 at the same place or in the same vicinity.

And, thanks for the chef's table menu!

Thanks for the answers. Do you book Chef's Table at guest services,too? Right now I have a list of "Things to do when we get onboard":

Book Chef's Tour

Book Ship & Galley tour

Buy wine package

Stash luggage at Headliners

Eat at Taste

It would be really nice if I could do the first 3 at the same place or in the same vicinity.

And, thanks for the chef's table menu!

Yes, you can book the Chef's Table at Guest Services. Also, depending on the Chef, he or she may extend a complimentary galley tour to guests at his table. We were invited - along with our children who did not attend the dinner - to tour the galley and it was a really great experience. You can see some pictures of our dinner and the tour in the link from our cruise on the Sun in my signature below.

Yes, you can book the Chef's Table at Guest Services. Also, depending on the Chef, he or she may extend a complimentary galley tour to guests at his table. We were invited - along with our children who did not attend the dinner - to tour the galley and it was a really great experience. You can see some pictures of our dinner and the tour in the link from our cruise on the Sun in my signature below.

oh that food looks great! Thanks for posting it. I am getting so excited about this cruise!

The Chef's Table on Norwegian is $75. It's a special multi-course meal along with wine pairings. I think it's worth it to try. If you're a meat eater, you'll love it. It's held once on 7 day voyages and there is limited seating of 12 diners and if you're interested, sign up as soon as you board as spaces run out quickly.

I've some photos here: http://travelxena.com/norwegian-epic-transatlantic-miami-to-barcelona/

And this is a picture of the menu so that you can get a better idea of what they offer. Let me know if you have trouble viewing it, I would insert it here, but it's a very large photo.

Hi xenagurl,

The 9 course Chef's Dinner with paired wines (plus pre and post dinner drinks) is now 89 pp on Norwegian.

Just off Jewel.

Guest services can help you book it. The cost is $55 per person.

If you're Latitudes Platinum speak to the Cruise Consultant and they will add you to the list.

Got off Jewel yesterday. The Platinum tour was about an hr and included a brief galley tour, theater & bridge viewing room.

The Behind the Scenes tour (extra charge) lasted close to three hours and besides the backstage theater area, included a visit to the actual bridge as well as Environmental Officer, Provisions, much more extensive galley tour (butcher shop, pastries and breads, fish, chicken, freezer) and Laundry. It was what Platinums were offered previously.

I talked to the Cruise Consultant about it and the Platinum tour is now an abbreviated version of the full Behind the Scenes one. This was Jewel but assume it is fleetwide.

I just did the Chef's table on board the Star. It was $79 PP and SO worth it! We did get the invite to tour the galleys on Saturday and that was just as much a treat to me as the Table itself.

NOTE: Be careful with the wine! They keep refilling your glass and you have NO IDEA how much you are actually drinking! The pairings are wonderful and I would not miss out on that.

Got off Jewel yesterday. The Platinum tour was about an hr and included a brief galley tour' date=' theater & bridge viewing room.

The Behind the Scenes tour (extra charge) lasted close to three hours and besides the backstage theater area, included a visit to the actual bridge as well as Environmental Officer, Provisions, much more extensive galley tour (butcher shop, pastries and breads, fish, chicken, freezer) and Laundry. It was what Platinums were offered previously.

I talked to the Cruise Consultant about it and the Platinum tour is now an abbreviated version of the full Behind the Scenes one. This was Jewel but assume it is fleetwide.[/quote']

Interesting. It was a full tour when I was on the Jade in November, but I skipped it on the Jewel in December so I didn't realize they'd changed it. Bummer, they should keep it the full length. thanks for the info.

Hi xenagurl' date='

The 9 course Chef's Dinner with paired wines (plus pre and post dinner drinks) is now 89 pp on Norwegian.

[/quote']

That's quite a price jump! Thanks for the info.

Archived