NCL EPIC TRANSATLANTIC Oct. 20th, 2013

aireboy

Craig - non-traditional is good! I will need to brush up on the Gangnam style dancing, but I like it all - twist, swing, disco, traditional, free style - just give me a beat! Karen

Then you'll fit in a treat :).

There was one elderly gentleman in his 60s who would walk around in his suit or DJ every night and was not enjoying it.

The problem with Epic is that the studios open up cruising for single travellers and you get the polar opposites, lots of young solos and also lots of spinsters or widower who might have cruised for years previously as a couple and then now with the studios becomes affordable. :)

:D

There was one "mature" lady who would attend the LGB meetings and try and play match-maker! Lol

Then you'll fit in a treat :).

There was one elderly gentleman in his 60s who would walk around in his suit or DJ every night and was not enjoying it.

The problem with Epic is that the studios open up cruising for single travellers and you get the polar opposites, lots of young solos and also lots of spinsters or widower who might have cruised for years previously as a couple and then now with the studios becomes affordable. :)

:D

There was one "mature" lady who would attend the LGB meetings and try and play match-maker! Lol

Hi Craig - thanks for the info - won't be attending the LGB meetings, but maybe will c u on the dance floor in the Bliss lounge. Karen

Glad to see more folks adding to the Gay and Lesbian roll call.

We just made our final payment - so I guess it's official!

We can hardly wait to get onboard, and to meet all of you.

We are especially excited about meeting people from around the world - we love to travel and would love to have friends in other parts to meet up with on our travels.

We will be 40 (Dana) - I am celebrating my 40th onboard :) and 37 (Mauro) - been together for 11 years (nov 15th)

We are on Deck 12 towards the aft on the port side balcony - anyone else staying nearby?

76 days to go as I type this :)

We are arriving in Barcelona on the morning of the 18th if anyone would like to meet for dinner or an activity. We are travelling with our 2 straight female friends as well - staying at Melon District Poble Sec

See you all onboard!

Dana & Mauro

We are especially excited about meeting people from around the world - we love to travel and would love to have friends in other parts to meet up with on our travels.

We will be 40 (Dana) - I am celebrating my 40th onboard :) and 37 (Mauro) - been together for 11 years (nov 15th)

We are on Deck 12 towards the aft on the port side balcony - anyone else staying nearby?

We are arriving in Barcelona on the morning of the 18th if anyone would like to meet for dinner or an activity. We are travelling with our 2 straight female friends as well - staying at Melon District Poble Sec

See you all onboard!

Dana & Mauro

Hi Guys,

Nice to meet you both and glad to hear your final payment has been made. Looks like well be seeing you on board :).

You won't believe where our cabin is? We are also on deck 12 at the back of the boat... Also on the port side (that's on the left, right?). Looks like we might be bumping into you in the corridor. Perhaps they should officially make it the gay corner of the cruise. He he.

The days are counting down. Can't wait!

Chris & Stephen

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Guys,

Nice to meet you both and glad to hear your final payment has been made. Looks like well be seeing you on board :).

You won't believe where our cabin is? We are also on deck 12 at the back of the boat... Also on the port side (that's on the left, right?). Looks like we might be bumping into you in the corridor. Perhaps they should officially make it the gay corner of the cruise. He he.

The days are counting down. Can't wait!

Chris & Stephen

Hi guys

Chris and I have an aft-facing cabin on deck 12. This could turn out to

by quite a party corner. Looking forward to meeting everyone soon. BTW, we arrive in BCN on fri the 18th.

John

Just booked Love the Epic I'm not sure how many times but at least 3 TA's Did not do the TA this Spring went for Breakaway maiden Voyage Instead. Had a great time but still Love the Epic the best!! Mandara

Spa is so worth it on TA never know what the Wheather is going to be!!

Ha ha. That's great. Funny how we have all congregated together!

What's even funnier, I think you have been corresponding with my partner via

the "shipmate Norwegian" app. His name is Chris. Don't know what his screen name is or if he even uses one

John

Hi guys

Chris and I have an aft-facing cabin on deck 12. This could turn out to

by quite a party corner. Looking forward to meeting everyone soon. BTW, we arrive in BCN on fri the 18th.

John

It is shaping up to be the party corner :)

Just booked Love the Epic I'm not sure how many times but at least 3 TA's Did not do the TA this Spring went for Breakaway maiden Voyage Instead. Had a great time but still Love the Epic the best!! Mandara

Spa is so worth it on TA never know what the Wheather is going to be!!

Do you recommend the spa pass? i have read that its not worth it due to over crowding?? I am interested in it but want to get my moneys worth

Having talked myself into NOT doing this westbound again due to the price of the flights back to Europe being more than the cruise:(, and the fact I will have only finished a Celebrity Equinox cruise 12 days earlier, I am now doing it!:)

I received a late offer package by Cruise by email which includes flights and two nights hotel on Miami Beach after the cruise at an excellent price even with single occupancy. I have yet to be allocated a cabin but I have paid for an inside GTY for single occupancy.

This will be my 3rd Atlantic crossing on the Epic and my 5th cruise on the Epic in total. The Epic is my favourite! Already I have recognised some familiar names on this thread although I cannot put the faces to the names yet.

I look forward to meeting you all on the 20th October, probably at 19:00hrs in Shakers!

Kevin

That was quick! My cabin has been allocated already, 9115, which is a slight upgrade. I had paid for the cheapest inside GTY for sole occupancy but instead of getting a cabin at either extremity I have been allocated a midships ......... which is fine with me:). Please, could all of my gentlemen callers form an orderly queue outside my cabin:rolleyes:.

I have booked all the transfers and flights connected to this cruise. I will fly up to Barcelona from Alicante early the day before the cruise commences with a night in the Paral.Lel Hotel close to the port. I think much of the late afternoon/ evening of the 19th will be spent chilling in the Condal sauna;). I have booked a transfer from Barcelona airport direct to the hotel with a2btransfers.co.uk.

Once in Miami I am booked in the Chelsea Hotel, Washington Avenue for 2 nights before taking a BA flight to Heathrow on the 4th November.

So if anyone wants to meet up in Barcelona on the 19th then let me know! Otherwise I am looking forward to meeting everyone on the 20th, probably at the informal FOD cocktail get together in Shakers at 19:00hrs.

Kevin

Anyone staying in the Axel Hotel?

Anyone going to Sitges on the 19th?

Chris and I are staying at the Axel. We arrive on the 18th. We'd like to go to Sitges but time constraints will probably keep us in BCN. Chris has been to BCN a few times, I have not so I'd like to see some of the city. But, who knows, touring plans are still up in the air.

John

Hi John and to anybody else who might be traveling single. I also live in Atlanta. I am not gay, but I am single and will be traveling with my single sister in law . I would like to meet some other singles (straight or gay) that like to dance. We went on a TA last April from Miami to Rome - it was great, but had no one to hang out with in the evenings during our 8 sea days. Karen

Hi Karen, just noticed your post (sorry for the long delay in reponding!). Good to see a neighbor will be aboard. Also noticed you are from Cumming... well, small world. I just moved from Cumming into Atlanta back in May. Still have a house up there. Looking forward to meeting up on the dance floor :)

See you all onboard!

Dana & Mauro

Hi guys,

I am also on Deck 12, aft port side balcony. Arriving to BCN the morning of the 17th to spend a few days touring the city with my buddies from Australia.

I booked this trip for my partner of 4 years and Me today and have until tomorrow to pay and verify it. Just wanted to find out all the details before we made all the other necessary arrangements, like work, taking care of the home, dogs, etc. and everything is looking like a go.

It's the first cruise for the both of us and we decided on a transatlantic cruise because the stars aligned for us both to be able to get away for this at the same time, and that might not happen again for a few years.

I booked a mini suite thru a special they were running on the NCL website and also chose 2 pre cruise nights in Barcelona. I don't know the details yet of where we will be staying. Flights were reasonable so long as we chose one of their gateway airports. We chose Detroit even though its a three hour drive because picking the closest airport, one hour away, doubled the cost. What a pain. I'm a private pilot and own my own plane but it doesn't help me here. Lol.

We're from a small town in Ohio, where we have no gay friends, but we travel often to Toronto, Canada where we have many, and New Orleans, where we have a few. So we are looking forward to having drinks and dinner with you other fine people.

Archived