NCL Cruise Personaliser - Is there one?

sarar

Does NCL have a cruise personaliser like most other cruise lines? I would like to book my shore excursions online and maybe add drinks packages. I have just completed the nline check in process, but that is all it seemed to let me do.

Does NCL have a cruise personaliser like most other cruise lines? I would like to book my shore excursions online and maybe add drinks packages. I have just completed the nline check in process, but that is all it seemed to let me do.

You can book excursions and dining online but it may be too early for those to show up.

Thanks for that, i thought it might be too early to, as we dont go until 4th May 2013.

You should be able to book shore excursions online. Specialty restaurants can be book 45 days prior but you may have to wait until you're onboard to get the drink package.

Thanks for that, i thought it might be too early to, as we dont go until 4th May 2013.

You can definitely book shore excursion for that date - I have :). When you're logged into MyNCL, select "Explore & Plan" and then you can search through the various ports and options. You will have to pay with a credit card at the time of booking.

You can also book some other packages through "Bon Voyage" (http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/bon-voyage-gifts). I believe the soda package is the only beverage package that can be booked in advance because you need to show your ID on board to book the other packages - but you can always call to be sure.

Dining reservations become available about 45-days before sailing.

Hope that helps!

Whereabouts on the page do you find MyNCL as I can't seem to find it anywhere

Although you can do the checkin from a direct link, I've understood that everybody would do it nowadays through MyNCL.

But just in case, here are the instructions:

When you to to ncl.com (at least the inner pages like this), look at the right top corner, there is a link "Log in to My NCL ->" which links to http://www.ncl.com/login

Hope this helps, happy cruising!

There was no link to my NCL in the top right so I used your link, but when I entered all my details including reservation number it kept throwing up an error message, probably has something to do with me sing it from my iPad.

There was no link to my NCL in the top right so I used your link, but when I entered all my details including reservation number it kept throwing up an error message, probably has something to do with me sing it from my iPad.

Ha! I looked at your location just now, NCL has a nasty habit of force redirecting non-US surfers to other sites from ncl.com so that is probably your problem too. (I've learned to work my way around the restrictions. :D)

And regarding my last comment about the checkin, it seems that all other NCL sites (I checked UK and EU) do link directly to the checkin site but do not offer any links to MyNCL.

If you keep having trouble with logging in to MyNCL, try to call their technical support in US (the number is shown with the error notice) - I had to call once and they were helpful and fixed my problem quickly and effeciently.

Ha! I looked at your location just now, NCL has a nasty habit of force redirecting non-US surfers to other sites from ncl.com so that is probably your problem too. (I've learned to work my way around the restrictions. :D)

And regarding my last comment about the checkin, it seems that all other NCL sites (I checked UK and EU) do link directly to the checkin site but do not offer any links to MyNCL.

If you keep having trouble with logging in to MyNCL, try to call their technical support in US (the number is shown with the error notice) - I had to call once and they were helpful and fixed my problem quickly and effeciently.

Thanks for all your great help Demonyte, I will investigate the NCL site a bit more at a later date, at the moment I am typing one handed and it can be quite tiring and I keep making spelling mistakes and having to delete and restyle them.

You can book excursions and dining online but it may be too early for those to show up.

Shore excursions are available VERY early...I saw mine more than 6 months out from sailing, but dining not until 45 or so days before. I think you get an extra 10 days or so for dining if you've booked in a suite? Can anyone confirm that one? I've heard it, but I'm not sure if it's true.

From what I've been hearing, drink packages and thermal suite and other things like that aren't available until you get on board...unless you buy the standard soda package on the bon voyage section, but that's not an online thing. Wish it was. It's a form you print out and fax or email in to them.

SOME additional things can be booked with the concierge in advance, if you have that perk. But I have heard to double check everything you asked for when you arrive aboard, because one poster said the concierge line you call lost about half of what she asked for in transmitting it to the onboard concierge.

DML

Shore excursions are available VERY early...I saw mine more than 6 months out from sailing, but dining not until 45 or so days before. I think you get an extra 10 days or so for dining if you've booked in a suite? Can anyone confirm that one? I've heard it, but I'm not sure if it's true.

I was in a suite on the Sky in January. The restaurants show up at 45 days in MyNCL just like everybody else. Somebody told me you have to call in if you want to book at 55 days. I wasn't concerned about it, so didn't call.

I usually see shore excursions suite or not as soon as I book my cruise. However, I have noticed that the number varies over time. Sometimes the number goes up, sometimes down.

Archived