grocery stores

Freebythesea

The closest supermarkets to the port that I know of are: a tiny Rouses Market at 701 Royal Street, in the French Quarter or a full-service Rouses Supermarket at 701 Baronne Street in the CBD.

Both are about a half hour walk from the port terminal (according to Google Maps). If you are staying at a hotel, I'd check with the front desk/concierge about the closest supermarket.

Are there any grocery stores near the NOLA port? We are looking specifically for wine, sodas and healthy packaged snacks (for us to take on our port excursions)

There are 2 fairly big CVS' on the edges of the French Quarter. One is on Canal and Bourbon and the other is on Decatur and St. Peter right by the Jaxx Brewery on the river. They had tons of stuff there and are within walking distance. We stopped at both locations several times on our last visit and they have alcohol, cokes, and snacks along with other small items you may have forgotten at home.

The closest supermarkets to the port that I know of are: a tiny Rouses Market at 701 Royal Street, in the French Quarter or a full-service Rouses Supermarket at 701 Baronne Street in the CBD.

Both are about a half hour walk from the port terminal (according to Google Maps). If you are staying at a hotel, I'd check with the front desk/concierge about the closest supermarket.

There are 2 fairly big CVS' on the edges of the French Quarter. One is on Canal and Bourbon and the other is on Decatur and St. Peter right by the Jaxx Brewery on the river. They had tons of stuff there and are within walking distance. We stopped at both locations several times on our last visit and they have alcohol, cokes, and snacks along with other small items you may have forgotten at home.

We will be ther in April. Thanks for the information.

Norine

There is a gas station on Lee Circle that has a small selection. Also a Walgreens at 1801 St. Charles (also has 12-packs of soda), and for a better selection, Zara's at 2042 Prytania (1 block off of St. Charles). Zara's is a small neighborhood grocery that also has an outdoor barbecue.

All these are a short streetcar ride (or about a mile walk) from the French Quarter.

Archived