Divina cabin 9070

Davidonaboat

Yeah its the Divina I'll be on.

What does 'aft' mean ?

AFT means the rear of a ship or boat , just as BOW means the front and MIDSHIP means the centre. If it's on your luggage labels it is information for the crew as where to load your cases.

Pete

Out of these cabins, which one would you pick?

Cat. 12 - 13058, 13063, 13109 and 13110. Also, Aurea Suites: 9002, 9003 and 9004. I don't think we would utilize the spa and the perks that go with the Aurea Suites so those really aren't a consideration.

A week earlier these cabins are available:

Cat. 11 - 12130, 12132, 12136 and 12155

Cate. 12 - 13181, 13182

This is a seven night from Venice, round trip.

Out of these cabins, which one would you pick?

Cat. 12 - 13058, 13063, 13109 and 13110. Also, Aurea Suites: 9002, 9003 and 9004. I don't think we would utilize the spa and the perks that go with the Aurea Suites so those really aren't a consideration.

A week earlier these cabins are available:

Cat. 11 - 12130, 12132, 12136 and 12155

Cate. 12 - 13181, 13182

This is a seven night from Venice, round trip.

None of them is ideal as they all have connecting doors to the cabin next door.

Both the cabins on deck 13 have enormous overhangs above them from deck 14 and hence get little or no sun on them. in addition will have lessened fields of view, as compared with the cabins on deck 12, as they are set back from the midships hump and the stern area. They are also under the cafeteria and may suffer from footfall noise and early mornng noises as the crew get the buffet ready for breakfast.

Next I would look at the itinerary and if there was a day at sea I would choose the cabin facing the sun eg sailing west to east I have a starboard cabin (even number). and sailing east to west port side cabin

Similar thoughts can be applied to sailing in a N. S. rd S.N. direction it's just that you will be choosing to have sunshine morning or evening

On my cruise Venice to Istanbul the day at sea was day 6 Istanbul to Dubrovnik and I chose a port side cabin as that would give sunshine on the balcony all day

Morning sailing north /south, afternoon sailing east /west and finally evening sailing south /north as the ship travelled around the Greek peninsular.

If that is of little interest to you then choose a port side cabin (odd number) for the sail out of Venice as that side is where the major sights are.

So in essence give the deck 13 cabins a miss and go for deck 12 and choose based on your like/dislike of sunshine and the sail out of Venice. Cat. 11 should also be a little cheaper for the same size of cabin

For a starboard cabin I would chose them in the order 12130, 12132, 12136

i.e . furthest away from the hump moving towards it and the field of view gettting less as you move towards the hump

Pete

None of them is ideal as they all have connecting doors to the cabin next door.

Both the cabins on deck 13 have enormous overhangs above them from deck 14 and hence get little or no sun on them. in addition will have lessened fields of view, as compared with the cabins on deck 12, as they are set back from the midships hump and the stern area. They are also under the cafeteria and may suffer from footfall noise and early mornng noises as the crew get the buffet ready for breakfast.

Next I would look at the itinerary and if there was a day at sea I would choose the cabin facing the sun eg sailing west to east I have a starboard cabin (even number). and sailing east to west port side cabin

Similar thoughts can be applied to sailing in a N. S. rd S.N. direction it's just that you will be choosing to have sunshine morning or evening

On my cruise Venice to Istanbul the day at sea was day 6 Istanbul to Dubrovnik and I chose a port side cabin as that would give sunshine on the balcony all day

Morning sailing north /south, afternoon sailing east /west and finally evening sailing south /north as the ship travelled around the Greek peninsular.

If that is of little interest to you then choose a port side cabin (odd number) for the sail out of Venice as that side is where the major sights are.

So in essence give the deck 13 cabins a miss and go for deck 12 and choose based on your like/dislike of sunshine and the sail out of Venice. Cat. 11 should also be a little cheaper for the same size of cabin

For a starboard cabin I would chose them in the order 12130, 12132, 12136

i.e . furthest away from the hump moving towards it and the field of view gettting less as you move towards the hump

Pete

Wow, Pete! Great information. Thank you very much!

The week earlier is actually $300 USD more than the latter week. All the categories are pricing the exact same, just more for the first week.

Wow, Pete! Great information. Thank you very much!

The week earlier is actually $300 USD more than the latter week. All the categories are pricing the exact same, just more for the first week.

Here is a picture from the MSC website which shows the deck 13 cabins, that are not on one of the three humps, in deep shadow. You can clearly see the rear recessed area which will have limited fields of view that i mentioned.

(in fact on closer ispection the recessed deck 13 cabins are virtually out of sight and the first row of complete balconies is in fact deck 12. you have to count the rows up on the rear hump and in a recess to realise one deck is hidden, and that deck is 13)(the bottom row of balconies, just level with the very top of the life boats, on the rear hump is deck 8 )

The shadow appears to affect deck 12 albeit to a lesser extent. The shadow affects all the deck 13 cabins on your list from both cruises. the cabins on the later cruise 13058, 13063, 13109 and 13110 are all under the pool area and may have worse overhead noise than the other deck 13 cabins you mention.

here is the picture

divina.jpg

Edited by Skier52

• 9 months later...
This is my first time posting and also my first time on MSC. Does anyone know if 8097 is obstructed? I am concerned because they could not tell me when I called to book. :confused:

Welcome to Cruise Critic and hope you enjoy your cruise.

The life boats are on deck 7 so they will be beneath your cabin. You probably will see them when looking down but should still be able to look straight out at the ocean. They list 8134, 8136, 8137, 8138, 8139, 8140, 8141, and 8143 as having restricted views. Hope this helps.

Edited by Cruisergal1208