8 day Eastern Carnival Freedom review, part one

cruizn2escape

Once we were called off the ship about 11:15, we flew through the customs line. Fortunately we never stood in a long line. We found a couple of places to hang out and then walked right off the ship when they called our group. Apparently they found whatever they were looking for by then. FLL airport wasn't crowded either, check in at Delta was smooth and it took us about 8 minutes to get through security. We made our 2:00 plane with 40 minutes to spare.

• 4 weeks later...
When are you going in June? I just booked for the 15th....

Sorry to hijack, but we're on the sailing leaving the 15th too. There are a couple of roll call threads started if you're interested in checking them out. It's getting closer!!!

This was our first Platinum Cruise, & I agree that debarkation was a nightmare. We were given zone 1 & two minutes after they called zone 1, they added zone 2 with it. We weren't even out of the dining room where we waited before they called zone 2. Got our luggage & waited in a long, long line. There were no separate lines for those with a porter so we didn't use one. Last year, we grabbed a porter & he got us through the line really, really fast.

It took us 1-1/2 hours from start to finish. Another cruiser from our rollcall posted that one of her dinner mates emailed her re. debarkation. They did self-assist & were #5 in line at customs. Right after they went through customs, the computers went down and everything came to a halt.

Were you in the first group to get off the ship (other than self assist) and still didn't get off until 11:30?? I have a 12:30 flight

My family and I were on the Freedom cruise that followed yours, so we waited in the terminal from 130pm until almost 4pm to embark! It was sunny and hot and the line wrapped around the front of the building, down the side, back up the side and around to the front again, not to mention the multiple lines inside to reach an agent, then the lines through inspection and the lines to receive sign & sail cards!

We got onboard and dropped our bags in our room, and were the very last people able to grab a bite at the buffet before the crew started putting up the "Buffet Closed" signs, for muster!

Do you think purchasing the FTTF would have got you on and off the ship faster?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...