Rental car shuttles *FROM* POM

EMH3kids

I'm sorry if I am asking a repeated question, but I can't find a thread that addresses this ....

We are getting off a cruise ship at POM and need to rent a car for the 5-day remainder of our visit to FL. There are six of us (4 kids) so I am trying to approach this in the easiest way possible as far as picking up the car. I assumed my husband would need to either take a taxi or an arranged hired shuttle back to the airport and we would wait at port for him to return in the car, but now I am wondering if there are car agency shuttles that would pick us all up at port?

We are certainly fine with DH going and then returning with car to get us (he would disembark early and we would follow a bit later), but if we can stick together, all the better.

Thanks for your help!

Look at Hertz and you want the "port of Miami" location (actually there is a 2nd location at the same address) and select your vehicle. Their shuttle will pick all of you up and go to their location about a mile + from the port.

Also I believe Avis does the same thing and there may be others.

No need to separate the family. National, Alamo, Hertz, Budget --> they all offer a free shuttle to the airport rental center from PoM. Make sure you have your rental agreement ready to show the driver.

The shuttles are quick, comfortable and have enough room for all of you and your luggage.

Make sure you have your rental agreement ready to show the driver...

Perhaps you mean confirmation number or e-mail. The rental agreement is actually the legally-binding contract that is signed by all parties. Semantics maybe, but I worked in a car rental agency for five years. OP should have some sort of confirmation in order to use the free shuttle.

However - I, personally, would not truck my entire family and luggage all the way to the airport. As stated, there are companies that will pick you up at POM. OP needs to research this more in depth and find out the particulars.

Archived