Silhouette Specific Questions - AQ

ilovetexas

I have my TA holding AQ stateroom 1504; there are only a few left on the March 17, 2013 cruise or I would pick a different location. In looking at the deck plans, it appears we will be under the fitness center (treadmills, perhaps). Can anyone give me feedback about that stateroom or any that are near it or on the opposite side of the ship?

Also, what is the "relaxation lounge" that is on deck 11 forward?

I'm a pretty light sleeper so if there's going to be a lot of noise from above or an area a few feet away, I'll opt for a different stateroom category. I would rather keep the AQ, but not if it means no sleep. I'm just excited to be getting back to Celebrity! :)

Thanks!

You will be directly beneath the treadmills, as they are positioned on the starboard side. If you are looking to nap on sea days at midday it may be a bit of an issue. Other than that I wouldn't worry too much. Those treadmills won't be going full force before 8am in my experience, so I doubt they will wake you in the morning. That being said, we opt for 1540, which is starbaord under the hair salon.

The relaxation room is a lovely spot where they offer whispers (not talking) , lemon water, tea, comfy chairs and lounges to read and nap. Heaven. Those waiting for Spa appointments will often go there as well.

Don't let the fear of the treads keep you from AQ, as Blu is definitely worth it, IMHO.

Thanks to both of you for such quick answers. DH insists on a balcony (I don't go out there often) so I insisted on AQ; everyone wins! There are only about 5 AQ staterooms available so 1540 isn't an option.

If I'm tired enough for a mid-day nap, I'll just go sleep in the relaxation room or on the heated loungers in the Persian Garden. I'm really looking forward to Blu; I've read a lot of good things about the food and the service. Opinions vary of course, but I'm not worried about that. We can always eat somewhere else if we don't care for it; last time I checked, there's no shortage of dining venues on cruise ships. :D

1505 is port side. No machines over there. Your were under an empty aerobics room and the PG.

We also have the option of 1501, which is the VERY first room behind the relaxation lounge. You've already mentioned that the lounge is quiet, is the door/area leading to it quiet? I can't imagine a bunch of people going in and out a door right next to my room. If it's quiet over there, I may opt for the first room on port side as opposed to treadmills on the starboard side.

We also have the option of 1501, which is the VERY first room behind the relaxation lounge. You've already mentioned that the lounge is quiet, is the door/area leading to it quiet? I can't imagine a bunch of people going in and out a door right next to my room. If it's quiet over there, I may opt for the first room on port side as opposed to treadmills on the starboard side.

There are no lines around the door to the RR, but you'll be very close to the wing bridge so your balcony view may be obstructed.

In Blu, the short ribs are heaven. For breakfast I had the pancakes 3 times. The French toast is also wonderful, and I loved their poached eggs. Smooties and the parfaits are also super. Breakfast is one of the best things about Blu.

There are at least 14 AQ cabins left for this sailing mostly mid-ships on both port and starboard sides. Ask your TA again, you should find something that suits you.

There are at least 14 AQ cabins left for this sailing mostly mid-ships on both port and starboard sides. Ask your TA again, you should find something that suits you.

Yep, I just called Celebrity. It's a TA I've never used before and I think he was looking at the A2s only, not the A1s as well. Thanks for the heads up!

Archived