Whose had a call from the "Upgrade Fairy"?

What a fantastic upgrade! So glad to hear you enjoyed it.

We were upgraded from deck 6 to deck 9 on the Pacific Pearl. We were booked into a specific cabin, arrived to check in and were told we were upgraded to deck 9. It was right up the front, but it didn't bother us in the slightest!

This time on the Spirit we are booked in deck 1, and I don't see us getting an upgrade as the ship is looking very full.

There are 3 of us on the Pearl in June, so I don't think we will get an upgrade there either, but we couldn't get an outside cabin to start with and now we have one, and that's enough of an upgrade for me!

Our recent trip, $300 ($150 each) upgrade on Voyager from Junior Suite to Grand Suite. Several others had the same thing. Very good value. General opinion is that possibly the norovirus scare on the Voyager's arrival and first several trips may have scared a few away?

Don't expect that to happen again, appreciated getting it the one time. We are more into booking the cabin we want first up, unless we have a late decision and go guaranteed, that worked out ok.

I might add that because one of our fellow passengers was a more travelled person, they had booked a longer time out, got all the C&A discounts and bonuses etc, and they had another discount that is their business. So their price was quite different from ours, but hey, that was just good planning to them. When it comes to what you pay and what you get, buy what you want and enjoy what you still have the health to enjoy!

It's less than a week since we returned from 14 days to New Zealand on Voyager of the Seas (it sure seams a lot longer).

4 days before we sailed I received a phone call offering my an upgrade from our inside guarantee (category Z) to a Family Oceanview room which sleeps 6 for a cost of $200 ($100 per person). I reckon we had one of the best deals on the ship as we'd got a great price on our original room. The cabin was nearly the size of Junior Suite. Only a standard sized bathroom and no balcony but our windows overlooked the helipad.

The only issue we had with the upgrade (and a minor one at that) was that our Crown & Anchor welcome package went to the wrong room. (This was our first cruise as Platinum members). No biggie - it was only some dried fruit and biscuits and a couple of cans of soft drink.

I mentioned it in passing to the future cruise consultant while I was organizing some future cruse certificates and low and behold it was in our room when we returned from diner that night.

Archived