Full day tour in Mumbai and tour operator recommendations

Jade13

We have returned from our cruise and had spent 2 days with a very knowledgeable lady guide Freni. Can absolutetely recommend Mumbai Magic. We were pick up directly at the pier. Mumbai was one of my favourite ports. Included in the price were entrance fees and wonderful lunches at different restaurants.

She is our scheduled guide later this year.

I have a question. What did you visit? We have a full day tour planned but I asked for more info and almost everything is listed as a "photo stop", and we want to get out and walk around (or maybe it will be so hot we won't). Maybe their definition of a photo stop is that you get out go inside and take pictures. They said photography was not allowed on the Sassoon docks (I had asked to go early in the morning to photograph the fisherman). It was put on the schedule but when I asked where we were stopping was told photos are not allowed there. Perhaps it is in a secured area. Any idea?

Also had Prince of Wales Museum scheduled in the afternoon and response this morning is that they usually do not go inside because it is not that interesting...I don't go to museums to look at them from the outside.

We have done two tour on two days with Mumbai Magic and can really recommend Deepa. Yes, she has send someone else. A very knowledgeable lady guide who spoke German perfectly. We didn't have to pay in advance.

There were at least 3 more groups on this ship who had booked tours with Mumbai Magic. I know people of 2 groups and they were very satisfied, too! On our cruise the two days with Mumbai Magic have been the highlight to me. So please be fair and do not write things that are not true. Mumbai Magic does not want you to pay in advance. We paid at the end of the day. I can recommend Mumbai Magic absolutely! They do a wonderful job and are very reliable.

Jade13

You will definitely will want to walk around and get the feel of this fabulous city. A 'photo stop' will not do it justice. We had friends who visited the Prince of Wales museum and thoroughly enjoyed their time there. Keep on insisting to the tour company on what YOU want to do, after all YOU are paying them. This is why I found this company to be inflexable when I dealt with them when looking at tours of Mumbai....It was what they wanted me to do, not what I wanted to do.

Black Forrest

We used this company for a tour of Cochin, in April just gone. We were required to pay half the tour in advance and the other half to the guide at the end. Surely they asked you to do this? It was a wonderful days tour of

Cochin and Kerala. Found the company to be much easier to deal with when organising this tour, than when organising Mumbai.

We were in Mumbai for about 12 hours and did a private tour with another couple through Mumbai Magic. During the planning stages we requested our tour include a visit to the Kotachiwadi district, Keneseth Eliyahoo Synagogue, and see the tiffin wallah (lunch box operation.) High security presence did not allow us to stop at the synagogue in the morning. While at the India Gate we requested to go inside the Taj Hotel which we did. In the colonial area we stopped for photos at Bombay University and Victoria Station. There are many beautiful buildings in this area and if we had more time or were to return I would recommend a walking tour. We visited Mani Bhavan for about an hour and also walked around the Hanging Garden (Ferozshah Mehta Garden) for about 20 minutes. We were able to visit the Kotachiwadi as requested also and that was worth a stop to see some of the restored homes that are left.

Our favorite stop was Banganga Tank in the Malabar Hill area, just walking around the neighborhood and seeing the small temples and every day life. We visited a smaller dhobi ghat here as well. The people were friendly and we took many pictures. Our guide, Nania, than gave us some lunch options and we enjoyed tasty food and good conversation. After visiting all the sites we stopped briefly, at our request, for some shopping at Crawford Market. As we headed back towards the ship our guide instructed the driver to make an attempt to visit the synagogue again (which we had not even given a thought about.) This time we were able to go inside. It was a nice way to end our tour and we appreciated our guide remembering.

There were at least two groups of about 12 each from our roll call that also toured with Mumbai Magic that day. Deepa was at the port to make sure everyone got settled with their guide. For our part, I learned about this company six months before I read any postings from Donna. Though I have found her information both on CC and other travel sites helpful in addition to the experiences of others from CC, VT, TA. We did not pay any deposit in advance for our tours with Mumbai Magic or Goa Magic. I also found Reality Tours through a Google search and considered it but as we only had the one day chose the alternative. A couple we had dinner with participated in one of their tours of Dharavi and were quite pleased. Hope this helps those still planning:)

Hi wangeling gal,

we used Mumbai Magic in Mumbai only. We were not asked to pay anything in advance. I tried to get in contact with Mumbai Magic for Cochin, too. Even Deepa wrote to that person working for Mumbai Magic in Cochin, but never got a reply. So in Cochin we booked a backwater tour with Peter from Carnival tours kochi. Highly recommended on tripadvisor. He answered quickly and organised everything perfect. We all loved the day on the houseboat.

At Goa I contacted goa2u and we got a driver who drove us around. Every contact was nice, reliable - no one asked to pay in advance.

While organizing the trips on our last cruise I got contact to people/excursion organizations who asked to pay in advance but I never booked with these.

Hey Black Forrest

Fair enough - I was just curious. Maybe we had to pay half as we were a larger group. It wasn't a problem, and was happy with how well it was handled.

It's amazing how we all have such different opinions, difficulties and experiences. I suppose that's what makes the world go round:rolleyes:

Hi wangeling gal,

didn't mean you - meant Natasha... - I found it was really unfair what she wrote about Donna - even if it is true. Donna's advice was helpful.

We were a group of 8 people in Mumbai and Cochin. So the price we paid was really good. Perhaps they have made bad experience with advance booking and people who have booked didn't come. So they had to pay air conditioned bus, driver and guide and didn't get paid by the customer. :rolleyes:

Good to hear that everything went fine for you and your group. Yes, through different opinions and experiences you can get a lot of information. :-)

Jade13

You will definitely will want to walk around and get the feel of this fabulous city. A 'photo stop' will not do it justice. We had friends who visited the Prince of Wales museum and thoroughly enjoyed their time there. Keep on insisting to the tour company on what YOU want to do, after all YOU are paying them. This is why I found this company to be inflexable when I dealt with them when looking at tours of Mumbai....It was what they wanted me to do, not what I wanted to do.

Black Forrest

We used this company for a tour of Cochin, in April just gone. We were required to pay half the tour in advance and the other half to the guide at the end. Surely they asked you to do this? It was a wonderful days tour of

Cochin and Kerala. Found the company to be much easier to deal with when organising this tour, than when organising Mumbai.

Hello Wangeling gal, I agree, always push for what you want to do.

I am trying to follow your posts. Which company did you find inflexible and who required you to pay upfront? We never pay upfront for any van tour. I have in some instances (in Europe recently) left credit card information as a guarantee but that was only after some companies wanted us to pay upfront and I told them I would keep looking. Some cruisers agree to pay upfront and than the tour companies insist.

We have only paid upfront for a plane or chartered boat (Mekong) and will pay a small percentage for a tour in Sri Lanka because the guide needs to purchase non-refundable train tickets for us.

Mumbai Magic is not asking for any credit card information or upfront payment.

Hi Jade13,

When I first knew that I going to Mumbai, and after doing my research on what I wanted to visit, I approached Mumbai Magic. I had read what they

had to offer, and as they advertised they customised itineraries for you,

I asked if we could do what I had on my list. As I previously posted, I received a reply that was disinterested and inflexible, quite blunt actually.

I had two days in Mumbai, and didn't want to waste a moment. No problems, I then moved on to the next tour operator which happened to be Grand Mumbai tours, and I have said, I had the best time with Pranav in Mumbai.

As for our Cochin tour- After research, I came across Cochin Magic, and knowing what I would like to do, asked if this would be possible. Although it was Deepa, I was dealing with again, this time we were able to customise our tour to how we wanted it to be. Deepa, and her offsider

Guarav, suggested I open the tour up on my roll call and see if anyone wished to join us. I'm glad she did, because the others we toured with were just fabulous people.

It was our Cochin tour that we were all required to pay half up front, and half to the guide. Some of my fellow cruises were well travelled, and people who had done a lot of this sort of touring before. None of them seemed unduly worried regarding paying half up front. (if they were they never said) We received a very detailed invoice, and had no trouble paying to the account online.

Lots of people have posted they loved their tours with Mumbai Magic. Others enjoyed Mumbai Moments or Reality Tours. That's fair enough. For me personally I'm glad I got that inflexible and blunt reply, because that meant I discovered Pranav and his tour company Grand Mumbai and had the best 2 days in that incrediable city.

I know you will enjoy your time in Mumbai - have a fabulous time

Hi Jade13,

When I first knew that I going to Mumbai, and after doing my research on what I wanted to visit, I approached Mumbai Magic. I had read what they

had to offer, and as they advertised they customised itineraries for you,

I asked if we could do what I had on my list. As I previously posted, I received a reply that was disinterested and inflexible, quite blunt actually.

I had two days in Mumbai, and didn't want to waste a moment. No problems, I then moved on to the next tour operator which happened to be Grand Mumbai tours, and I have said, I had the best time with Pranav in Mumbai.

As for our Cochin tour- After research, I came across Cochin Magic, and knowing what I would like to do, asked if this would be possible. Although it was Deepa, I was dealing with again, this time we were able to customise our tour to how we wanted it to be. Deepa, and her offsider

Guarav, suggested I open the tour up on my roll call and see if anyone wished to join us. I'm glad she did, because the others we toured with were just fabulous people.

It was our Cochin tour that we were all required to pay half up front, and half to the guide. Some of my fellow cruises were well travelled, and people who had done a lot of this sort of touring before. None of them seemed unduly worried regarding paying half up front. (if they were they never said) We received a very detailed invoice, and had no trouble paying to the account online.

Lots of people have posted they loved their tours with Mumbai Magic. Others enjoyed Mumbai Moments or Reality Tours. That's fair enough. For me personally I'm glad I got that inflexible and blunt reply, because that meant I discovered Pranav and his tour company Grand Mumbai and had the best 2 days in that incrediable city.

I know you will enjoy your time in Mumbai - have a fabulous time

Thank you for the details wangeling gal.

Gaurav hasn't said anything about payment upfront. It will just be the 2 of us since we need airport pick-up as we are leaving the ship overnight from Mumbai to go to Aurangabad and meeting up in Goa.

What was your itinerary in Goa? I was planning on a spice plantation, but now rethinking if we should go the historic city center in Goa which is UNESCO.

I know what you mean about Mumbai Magic because we already agreed on a tour in Mumbai and Deepa is away and someone else starting telling me they usually do not go inside the Prince of Wales museum as it is not interesting and there was suddenly some other issue. After I responded Deepa than responded and said they customize the tour to our interests....

I had contacted Grand Mumbai and decided not to use them as I think they wanted money upfront, or maybe they were more expensive.

We have used multiple tour guides in the same country recently using both A&K and Ramses in Egypt.

When we were in Goa we used Tours by Locals and toured the beaches and areas that made Goa a hippy mecca. We didn't get to old Goa, which was our loss as fellow shipmates said they really enjoyed their time there.

While we enjoyed our tour, it was extremely hot and they really ended up being just beaches!!

For Cochin, Azamara only offered a tour to the back waters of Kerala OR old Fort Kochi.(plus other tours) I wanted to do both, and this is where Cochin Magic made this wish come true. But we did have to pay half up front roughly $80.

Grand Mumbai don't ask for payment up front. We felt we had great value for our money for our 2 tours with them. We had air conditioned car, cold drinks, a delicious dinner, train ride and the company of a fantastic young man, who loves doing what he is doing. I did a review on TA if you are interested.

I really have NO idea what your rant is all about. I have questioned only YOUR recommendation because IMO your wording suggested that you had not used the tour company you recommended. It is quite common for owners of companies, hotels, etc. to falsely recommend themselves on boards such as cruisecritic and tripadvisor. Virtual Tourist (the travel community I prefer) does an excellent job of throwing those people off. Once you cleared that up, I was fine with your recommendation. Both companies I recommended I HAVE used. I mentioned that I just found toursbylocals which I will be trying in Udaipur in October. To address the rest of your comments....

Well Well Well.....

Donna, are you being paid by those two companies for aggressive marketing campaigns you are running for those two companies on Cruise Critic? Mumbai Magic and Reality Tours? Just asking.....Because you are doubting every other recommended tour company...Also the recommendations you are posting are more or less of the same type.....copy and paste....Only doubted your experience. No issues with copy & paste from one quetsion to another similar question. As mentioned, I have had personal experience with both.

Secondly since you are trying to pick up on me aggressivelysorry but I didn't see that at all. In fact I apologized for misunderstanding....Let me tell you something.....

You are right when i said.....I checked their reviews on TripAdvisor and i don't use TripAdvisor.......

I check everyone's reviews on TripAdvisor. But i do not use TripAdvisor for booking my tours or to make a profile and post reviews on TripAdvisor. I hope you understand what i meant....

As for you.....

Everyone check out this link...It is Donna's profile....

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/8295b/10ce6e/

That is your profile Donna.....Gives your complete history....You were in Mumbai and met Sandy in 2009I met my husband in 2003, not 2009 - don't know where you got that info from.....You said you were for 7 years in Mumbai working for some company as you were outsourced to do a job over there..Also if you came to Mumbai in 2009, it will be 2015 after 7 years.....Its 2013 now....Suppose you went back to your country in 2012....hence it means you came to India and settled in 2005 suppose...Nice try to fool everyone here....I think you're the one who has calculated incorrectly

On your cruise critic profile you have written you have done following cruises..

**2008 RCI Serenade of the Seas (repo -SF to Vancouver via Alaska - Inside Passage)**2010 Caribbean Princess (Southern Caribbean) **2010 Caribbean Princess (b-b Southern Caribbean)**2012 Disney Magic (NY-Bahamas)**2012 Carnival Breeze Inaugural Season (Caribbean/Bahamas)**2012 NCL Epic (Caribbean/Bahamas)

Shocking to see how you did those Cruises when you were working and living in India......and could do a cruise in 2008, 2010, 2012.....Well, this really makes NO sense. Do you think that while I lived in India, I did not travel? If you looked at my VT profile page you will see all of the places that I visited all those years - quite an extensive list. And not that it's any of your business, I have family in the U.S. so OF COURSE I would come back a couple of times a year to visit.

Also Donna......You have written you have done your first cruise in 1972...Most people have crossed 15 years when do their first cruise maximum....I am not most people. My family were big travelers from the time I could walk. I was very fortunate. And I'm not sure where you came up with the age 15?Its been 40 years since your first Cruise...Either you were 1 year old or you were 15...So today you must be 55....From your photo there you look between 30 -40Well, thank you very much. Must be good genes. Because I am definitely over 40.......

*1972 Home Lines Homeric (Bahamas)**1977 Cunard Princess (Bermuda)**1986 Carnival Holiday (Eastern Caribbean)**1987 Carnival Jubilee (Eastern Caribbean)** 1988 Premier/Big Red Boat Starshipn Oceanic (Bahamas)**1991 Premier/Big Red Boat Starship Atlantic (Bahamas)**1991 Costa Riviera(Western Caribbean)**

Also you came to Mumbai, India in a flight and not on a Cruise....NEVER said anywhere that I came to Mumbai on a cruise?? This question was about a TOUR in Mumbai - regardless of how I arrived, I used the companies I recommended and would never recommend a company that I have no personal knowledge of unlike MANY other people.

"I remember flying into the airport. I could actually smell the city! We landed, the aircraft doors opened, and whoosh, I was smacked in the face by the heat - and this was in the middle of the night! Off the plane, through immigration, picked up my luggage, went through customs and out....into a swarm of people. I don't think I'd ever seen so many people at 2 a.m. before! "

Bottom line.....Stop fooling people and recommending those companies which you are aggressively marketing......and then attacking other genuine people who are posting real reviews.....I am not aggressively "marketing" any company. I think you may want to go back and re-read this thread.

I think I should start working for FBI.....:D:DHardly. Arm-chair detectives are rarely right.

Cruises done by Donna

**1972 Home Lines Homeric (Bahamas)**1977 Cunard Princess (Bermuda)**1986 Carnival Holiday (Eastern Caribbean)**1987 Carnival Jubilee (Eastern Caribbean)** 1988 Premier/Big Red Boat Starshipn Oceanic (Bahamas)**1991 Premier/Big Red Boat Starship Atlantic (Bahamas)**1991 Costa Riviera(Western Caribbean)**1993 Carnival Fantasy (Southern Caribbean)**1997 Celebrity Century (Western Caribbean)**1997 Celebrity Century (Eastern Caribbean)**1998 Grandeur of the Seas (Eastern Caribbean)**1998 Disney Magic Inaugural Celebration (Bahamas)**2000 Carnival Destiny (Canada)**2001 Celebrity Infinity (Alaska - Inside Passage)**2003 Royal Princess (South America)**2008 RCI Serenade of the Seas (repo -SF to Vancouver via Alaska - Inside Passage)**2010 Caribbean Princess (Southern Caribbean) **2010 Caribbean Princess (b-b Southern Caribbean)**2012 Disney Magic (NY-Bahamas)**2012 Carnival Breeze Inaugural Season (Caribbean/Bahamas)**2012 NCL Epic (Caribbean/Bahamas)

I really have no idea why you chose to attack me in a public forum with a whole bunch of false accusations. Life's too short!

I would suggest everyone to email to the companies recommended by Donna, they all will get the same long email, which is copied and pasted content...Also Deepa is an amazing lady, but she herself does not give tours, she sends guides.....Deepa is great no doubt about that, but the people who give tours on her behalf might not be able to provide a great experience..Many people out here have posted how rigid the replies from that company were....All copied and pasted...try it yourself..

Cheers.

Donna....I do not wish to have any further communication with you, Thanks a lot....

Well, at least we agree on that!

One other thing. I probably suspected that you were a troll because at the time you posted your recommendation, you had about 5 posts. Typical troll characteristics.

"Donna in India"? Your CC info says you are in the USA.

Btw, we never do tours that have to be paid in advance unless involving a plane or chartered boat. The company you mention is in Canada and we always deal directly with local companies.

?? Yes, I either joined CC when I lived in India or was keeping the same name on travel-related boards. Guess I expected to live there forever when I choose a name. Happily, that is not the case! :)

"Donna in India"? Your CC info says you are in the USA.

Hi Donna,

I was just trying to point out the reason some people are becoming confused by your posts. Your CC handle suggests you are in India. I started this thread and have re-read everything and understand you used to live in India. And I agree, why does it matter if you flew to Mumbai or came by cruise ship??? Some cruises start in Mumbai.

I appreciate your help including suggestions for our overnight trip to Ajanta & Allora caves and will ask you if we have questions or suggestions.

I do have one I can think of right now regarding Mumbai. Is there a Museum you would recommend? We are/were suppose to go to the Prince of Wales Museum (my request to break up a long day in the heat - although my previous experience in India tells me none will have good air conditioning and shops turn on the generators when you show up).

I now have the tour operator telling me this museum is not interesting and not worth visiting, and its the first time any guide has started dictating what we do or see (especially since the tour had been confirmed months ago), so now looking over our entire day.

Grand Mumbai don't ask for payment up front. We felt we had great value for our money for our 2 tours with them. We had air conditioned car, cold drinks, a delicious dinner, train ride and the company of a fantastic young man, who loves doing what he is doing. I did a review on TA if you are interested.

I am going to email them again. I could have sworn when I contacted them months ago they wanted money upfront. Either that or they were a lot more money.

I started this thread and have re-read everything and I totally know what you and others are talking about. I had "confirmed" a tour with Mumbai Magic but I always type up everything myself to give as handouts to those who join us plus need all of the contact info together. Additionally our confirmation was a long list of places and not as clear as I wish.

So I was trying to confirm inside visits verses photo Ops and the emails I have received in the past week have been very abrupt telling me our tour was not possible and my response was "Why did you confirm it"? I was told to send back the confirmation and am waiting for a response.

Hi Donna,

I do have one I can think of right now regarding Mumbai. Is there a Museum you would recommend? We are/were suppose to go to the Prince of Wales Museum (my request to break up a long day in the heat - although my previous experience in India tells me none will have good air conditioning and shops turn on the generators when you show up).

I now have the tour operator telling me this museum is not interesting and not worth visiting, and its the first time any guide has started dictating what we do or see (especially since the tour had been confirmed months ago), so now looking over our entire day.

Hi Jade - I would really stick to your guns if you want to see the Princes of Wales museum. I was there just over a year ago and some exhibits were being updated/changed and maybe some parts of the museum are a little dusty. Overall I think it is a good museum and worth a visit for sure. The grounds are very nice. I found some wonderful items in the gift shop too. There may also be a special exhibit going on at the time of your visit. Just outside of the gates to the museum is the Jehangir Art Gallery - very much worth a visit to see the works of local artists (I think entrance is free). The cafe inside used to be excellent (and a great place to relax) but I have heard that's changed a bit. Across the street is the National Gallery of Modern Art - which has been extensively renovated - it is excellent but Modern Art is not my thing. :)

I'm not sure if you've been to Mani Bhavan - very interesting although not likely to take up more than an hour or so.

One of my very favorite museums (anywhere) is the Dr. Bhau Daji Lad Museum (http://www.bdlmuseum.org/onlyImgLayout.aspx?mnuId=1). The museum was fully restored and the exhibits are excellent. There are even headsets that provide an audio tour. (My own personal review is here - http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/1f379d/)

I would decide on the one you want and work it into your tour. I'm not sure why you're being dissuaded from Prince of Wales. You should at least be able to visit and form your own opinion. Enjoy! :)

Hi Jade - I would really stick to your guns if you want to see the Princes of Wales museum. I was there just over a year ago and some exhibits were being updated/changed and maybe some parts of the museum are a little dusty. Overall I think it is a good museum and worth a visit for sure. The grounds are very nice. I found some wonderful items in the gift shop too. There may also be a special exhibit going on at the time of your visit. Just outside of the gates to the museum is the Jehangir Art Gallery - very much worth a visit to see the works of local artists (I think entrance is free). The cafe inside used to be excellent (and a great place to relax) but I have heard that's changed a bit. Across the street is the National Gallery of Modern Art - which has been extensively renovated - it is excellent but Modern Art is not my thing. :)

I'm not sure if you've been to Mani Bhavan - very interesting although not likely to take up more than an hour or so.

One of my very favorite museums (anywhere) is the Dr. Bhau Daji Lad Museum (http://www.bdlmuseum.org/onlyImgLayout.aspx?mnuId=1). The museum was fully restored and the exhibits are excellent. There are even headsets that provide an audio tour. (My own personal review is here - http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/1f379d/)

I would decide on the one you want and work it into your tour. I'm not sure why you're being dissuaded from Prince of Wales. You should at least be able to visit and form your own opinion. Enjoy! :)

Hi Donna, thank you for the confirmation. I am still looking for other tour guide options.

First I received a response from the owner of Mumbai Magic this morning arguing with me that they have "confirmed" that the tour that I re-sent was never confirmed with her, but my tour (I attached my Word doc to her own confirmation email which included the Prince of Wales Museum, and I explained this in the email). She again told me we do not have time for this museum. Mani Bhavan was on the schedule. What happened to going where you want to go?

Than I receive an email from the owner of Grand Mumbai (I believe it is a one person operation) stating, "My tours mainly focus on real Mumbai and its real sites. We do not do Museums in our tours."Geez, I thought I was asking for a tour of the real Mumbai and in my inquiry had explained I was last there last for my sisters (village) wedding, but am an artist etc and interested in visiting the art district. In his bio he said he has acted in many TV shows so figured an artist type person but fair enough if he doesn't feel this is the real city...and at least tells me he doesn't take people to museums before I invest any more of his/my time.

Maybe we should go to the Bhau Daji Lad Museum instead. I believe it was the Victoria and Albert Museum. I am also trying to find out the entrance fees for each, whether they have a cafe (for at least drinks) and whether photography is allowed in either.

Hi Donna, thank you for the confirmation. I am still looking for other tour guide options.

First I received a response from the owner of Mumbai Magic this morning arguing with me that they have "confirmed" that the tour that I re-sent was never confirmed with her, but my tour (I attached my Word doc to her own confirmation email which included the Prince of Wales Museum, and I explained this in the email). She again told me we do not have time for this museum. Mani Bhavan was on the schedule. What happened to going where you want to go?

Than I receive an email from the owner of Grand Mumbai (I believe it is a one person operation) stating, "My tours mainly focus on real Mumbai and its real sites. We do not do Museums in our tours."Geez, I thought I was asking for a tour of the real Mumbai and in my inquiry had explained I was last there last for my sisters (village) wedding, but am an artist etc and interested in visiting the art district. In his bio he said he has acted in many TV shows so figured an artist type person but fair enough if he doesn't feel this is the real city...and at least tells me he doesn't take people to museums before I invest any more of his/my time.

Maybe we should go to the Bhau Daji Lad Museum instead. I believe it was the Victoria and Albert Museum. I am also trying to find out the entrance fees for each, whether they have a cafe (for at least drinks) and whether photography is allowed in either.

I found the site for Prince of Wales. It is right in the Art district where we are suppose to go, so no idea why we are being told it is not worth going to.

http://themuseummumbai.com/Planning_a_visit.aspx

"Location and Parking

The Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya is located at 159-161 Mahatma Gandhi Road, Fort, Mumbai 400 023. The museum is a major landmark in the Kala Ghoda Art Precinct, along with the National Gallery of Modern Art (NGMA), the Jehangir Art Gallery and Regal Cinema."

Cameras can be used for an additional fee.

Bhau Daji Lad Museum

http://www.bdlmuseum.org

Well Well Well.....

Also you came to Mumbai, India in a flight and not on a Cruise....

I think I should start working for FBI.....:D:D

Companies have cruises that start in Mumbai (including Azamara), so no idea why that is relevant.

I think you would make a lousy FBI agent.

Jade13

Black Forrest

We are not using "Cochin Magic" or whatever they are called for Cochin. For a backwaters tour by houseboat they need 50% payment upfront to secure/pay the boat owner. I think it is just for this specific tour that they need upfront money.

Archived