Would you sue if you were on Triumph?

paulgraff

I think your post speaks as being from someone who lives in the real world, and it's refreshing.

I agree with what you've said. There will be people who will sue no matter what... even if they don't have a case... and somewhere there will be at least one atty who will take the case and hope to maybe get something by making noise, and there will also be other many attys who, on an assessment of their case, may very well realize it's not gonna happen for them, and so they won't waste their time and will send them on their way.

Thank you :)

In the fall, a colleague called me Simon Cowell (sp?) because I was being a bit blunt. But in practical matters, I do tend to separate emotion from fact. I've had to deal with the court system enough in regards to this type of issue (emotional damage) to know how they will generally respond, unfortunately. As sympathetic as a judge, or even the opposing attorney may be, they, too, must follow legal guidelines, not their hearts.

That said, although I've already heard of some attorneys circling, most of the reports from the passengers departing the Triumph have been surprisingly upbeat and happy. The crew should truly be applauded for their efforts, as it seems they have really gone the extra mile during this time to care for the guests - which seems to have made a big difference to many!

That should be pretty easy considering the issues this ship has had recently. They had no business sending it out.

Really? Do you have a completed root cause analysis signed by a professional engineer linking two issues together? The ship has several diesel engines, some drive the two main propellers, some drive the thrusters, others power various things on the grid.

Do you have proof of a connection? (If not, such accusations could be considered slander/libel). I am sure Marci Kaptur will find Davis-Besse is at fault, and Howard Metzinbaum will find gun owners at fault).

DISMISSED!!!!

Archived