Would you sue if you were on Triumph?

paulgraff

sorry.

Oooooooooooooook

Another thing I wonder, if there is nothing to sue over, why then is Carnival giving everyone an additional $500 each? I wonder if they will be forced to sign some sort of legal document to get that money.

I'm sorry, how many of you have a law degree?

Didn't think so. Don't talk about what you don't understand.

I don't have a law degree but I do know Joe Jamail didn't have much of a legal leg to stand on but won a 10.5 billion judgment against Texaco.

Just gotta find the right lawyer.

I'm sorry, how many of you have a law degree?

Didn't think so. Don't talk about what you don't understand.

Get a clue, dude.

I do have a law degree and have been practicing law for 21 years. PLEASE. are you really that slow that after reading all of the posts in this thread, you couldn't discern which of us are attorneys and which of us aren't? :rolleyes:

There are 4 of us that I know of in the Carnival Forum (probably more)-- 3 of us have posted in this thread. Oh, and one Paralegal posted in this thread.

If you can't even understand my posts, DON'T comment on them!:rolleyes:

I don't have a law degree but I do know Joe Jamail didn't have much of a legal leg to stand on but won a 10.5 billion judgment against Texaco.

oh no I always thought he was right on that one but the agreement to agree form I routinely use Texaco would have won

I dunno... There are some pretty dumb lawyers out there. Fwiw.. Paralegal credentials mean nuttin... That's like comparing a fry cook to chef Ramsay. (But I could make the same argument about some lawyers...).

That's just plain rude! And frankly, completely uncalled for! Paralegal Credentials are VERY important and mean a whole lot more than 'nuttin' as you put it. Good grief.

CNN had a Maritime Lawyer on tonight and he said the same thing another poster (lawyer) here said. So, all of you nay-sayers, get your facts straight and stop being so rude.

Ignorance is bliss ... really, some are proving it right here!

I dunno... There are some pretty dumb lawyers out there. Fwiw.. Paralegal credentials mean nuttin... That's like comparing a fry cook to chef Ramsay. (But I could make the same argument about some lawyers...).

don't tell that to razorback girl:confused:. she'll slay you, lol. Have you seen her posts? :eek:

That's just plain rude! And frankly, completely uncalled for! Paralegal Credentials are VERY important and mean a whole lot more than 'nuttin' as you put it. Good grief.

CNN had a Maritime Lawyer on tonight and he said the same thing another poster (lawyer) here said. So, all of you nay-sayers, get your facts straight and stop being so rude.

Ignorance is bliss ... really, some are proving it right here!

Thank you. and it's amazing. Only the people I know well know that I am an attorney -- people I have gone on CC group cruises with, and who i talk to outside of the boards. I never, in all the years of being a member, really say what i do because it's really not important. I can't believe I even had to say it now, and probably should have just triangled him. But, i have noticed since i ave been back, at least 6-10 posters making assumptions about what other posters do for a living (Razorback or whatever being one, herself, and there are others).

It's honestly amazing. I don't sit at my computer and make a snap judgment and post that someone is a janitor, a doctor, an enlisted person.

Some of the people on these boards have unbelievable nerve and years ago, they would have been BANNED from CC. It's quite disgusting, actually.

Really? Again with pooping in a bag? How many times a day do you people go? Gross, yes, inconvenient, yes, but it's not like you are sitting around all day with a poop bag tied to your butt!

Great point. As my son pointed put, would you rather poop in a bag when necessary or wear a diaper all day?

oh no I always thought he was right on that one but the agreement to agree form I routinely use Texaco would have won

just in case you don't know what this about Texaco had signed a letter of intent...an agreement to agree actually that identified the property to be sold and the amount of the sale but the letter was called an agreement to agree that required a formal contract to be signed by x date. when x date passed Texaco signed a contract with a different party. pennzoil sued. The judge held that the letter was sufficient on its face to be a contract and was to be enforced. Texaco so so sure of its position that it didn't put on an expert to contest Pennzoil valuation of the property in question. My agrement to agree even before that provided that if no formal contract was signed by x date the letter was nul and void ad initio.(from the beginning)

There will, no doubt, be lawsuits.

However, proving emotional distress is next to impossible. How do you *show* the damages? Now, keep in mind I am not saying there is NOT emotional distress, but believing it to be true and showing it in a court of law? Those are two totally different things.

Would I sue? No. Will people do it? Yes. We live in a society where people like to be catered to and do not like discomfort or things to not go their way (please keep in mind I am not minimizing, in any way, the experience of those aboard the Triumph, just making a generalized statement).

I believe that CCL has done what could be expected, and more. They are refunding charges of the cruise, giving a future cruise, providing transportation, and giving $500. As well, four ships have met up with the Triumph to provide meals - so people have not been starving.

So while I might be very unhappy about my experience... no, I would not sue.

This question should have been posted on RC, Celebrity or Norweigan thread. I bet the response would be overwhelmingly different. Returning cruisers cant even post opinons about their cruise experience without taking a beat down. I would not sue although I do think their is some neglience on Carnival's part in this situation. I read a post on Feb 3 of someone complaining about mechanical issues on the Triumph. This should be a wake up call for all cruiselines. They turn ships over so fast with disembarking and embarking passengers. I really dont think proper inspection is conducted before sailing out again.

Oooooooooooooook

Another thing I wonder, if there is nothing to sue over, why then is Carnival giving everyone an additional $500 each? I wonder if they will be forced to sign some sort of legal document to get that money.

i posted that (about signing the waiver and settlement agreement) earlier today as a joke. It's not inconceivable that they would require them to do it, but it is highly unlikely (not a smart move), and at the end of the day, it wouldn't hold up anyway imo.

The $500 does have more meaning than a just a "generous gesture," imo ... we will see how it plays out.

Things I am looking forward to when the Triumph docks...

I can't wait to hear the reviews on this cruise and just how long it takes for the class action law suit to hit the courts... and yes I would sue too.

And if I was on board I would be so pissed that they cut off the booze.

PG

No I would not sue.

According to my local news this evening, the Carnival Cruise Contract you sign, when agreeing to take their cruises, says you agree that you cannot be part of a class action suit. If you tried to sue as an individual it would be costly.

That is completely different, and a million times worse, than Carnival passengers being greatly inconvenienced on the Triumph. Not a good comparison at all.

I seriously can't believe this thread is being allowed to continue. I've seen other threads, so much less controversial, getting closed quickly yet this one goes on and on and on. Odd.

This thread is TAME compared to the one that starts out " Fire on the Carnival Triumph ". Which is at 263 pages, over 5,200 posts, and climbing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There will' date=' no doubt, be lawsuits.

However, proving emotional distress is next to impossible. How do you *show* the damages? Now, keep in mind I am not saying there is NOT emotional distress, but believing it to be true and showing it in a court of law? Those are two totally different things.

Would I sue? No. Will people do it? Yes. We live in a society where people like to be catered to and do not like discomfort or things to not go their way (please keep in mind I am not minimizing, in any way, the experience of those aboard the Triumph, just making a generalized statement).

I believe that CCL has done what could be expected, and more. They are refunding charges of the cruise, giving a future cruise, providing transportation, and giving $500. As well, four ships have met up with the Triumph to provide meals - so people have not been starving.

So while I might be very unhappy about my experience... no, I would not sue.[/quote']

I think your post speaks as being from someone who lives in the real world, and it's refreshing.

I agree with what you've said. There will be people who will sue no matter what... even if they don't have a case... and somewhere there will be at least one atty who will take the case and hope to maybe get something by making noise, and there will also be other many attys who, on an assessment of their case, may very well realize it's not gonna happen for them, and so they won't waste their time and will send them on their way.

i posted that (about signing the waiver and settlement agreement) earlier today as a joke. It's not inconceivable that they would require them to do it, but it is highly unlikely (not a smart move), and at the end of the day, it wouldn't hold up anyway imo.

The $500 does have more meaning than a just a "generous gesture," imo ... we will see how it plays out.

carnival was asked about this and no waiver is required

Archived