Cruising while pregnant

okwriter

No, not me!! :D

One of the media outlets last night interviewed the family of a couple that was concerned because the young lady on board was six months pregnant. Do they let you cruise that far along?

I live in the boonies and have terrible Internet, plus Carnival's website is flogged right now or I would have looked on their site.

Just curious!

I believe 24 weeks is their cutoff, which would be just about 6 months. You do need paperwork signed by your doctor if you are pregnant and under the cutoff. The last time I cruised I didn't book until I was within the allowable time to cruise while pregnant, just in case.

I picked up on that too last night. I thuoght the policy was less than 24 weeks & you have to have a letter from your Dr stating how far along you are. If she really is 6 months, she is farther along than 24 weeks, not much but still.

You have to be less than 24 weeks on the day the ship sails, and not 1 day more! If you are even 1 day past this they will not let you sail, and there are no exceptions to the policy!

Unless, of course, the passenger lies, which may have been the case. Not sure. Not that a doctor would lie, but what if she is tiny and wasn't big enough to tell she was PG or disguised it with clothing? Could happen, I guess.

You have to be less than 24 weeks on the day the ship sails, and not 1 day more! If you are even 1 day past this they will not let you sail, and there are no exceptions to the policy!

We just sailed with my pregnant daughter. The on line check in asks if you are pregnant, to which she responded yes. She had the letter and form from the doctor, but she was not asked for it at check in at the pier.

I am so anal that I would never want to be on a ship at sea when I was pregnant - so much can go right and you can have an awesome time but also so much could go wrong. I never had perfect pregnancies so I would never chance it - I would just be too far away from the help needed

My girl was 8 months along and we cruised. She brought a letter from her obgyn and no problems. They never even asked for it. You will be fine.

That is 2 post I have read of yours tonight and with the answers you have provided on both your batting avg is .000

Keep answering, you might just get one right.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I traveled a bit when pregnant -- Spent a week in Galveston, TX and I also took my 1st cruise (freedom 8nt eastern)

I was 15 weeks.

Like others have said they don't allow you to cruise after 24 weeks. You must be < 24 weeks on the date of debarkation - not embarkation. I was required to get a letter signed by my OB that I was in good health and < 24 weeks by debarkation date. I faxed it in Carnival. I brought it with me but they did not ask for it. I would guess if you don't fax it in ahead of time, they will ask you when you check in...

I would cruise again while pregnant - I felt great at the time - but i guess that was because I was in the 2nd trimester and so all the tiredness had subsided. Sure, I couldn't drink and sure, I couldn't eat raw fish and stuff but it was totally fine. I mean, I was in the Caribbean, not another planet. Should something have gone wrong, I wasn't far from a doctor/hospital.

I traveled a bit when pregnant -- Spent a week in Galveston, TX and I also took my 1st cruise (freedom 8nt eastern)

I was 15 weeks.

Like others have said they don't allow you to cruise after 24 weeks. You must be < 24 weeks on the date of debarkation - not embarkation. I was required to get a letter signed by my OB that I was in good health and < 24 weeks by debarkation date. I faxed it in Carnival. I brought it with me but they did not ask for it. I would guess if you don't fax it in ahead of time, they will ask you when you check in...

I would cruise again while pregnant - I felt great at the time - but i guess that was because I was in the 2nd trimester and so all the tiredness had subsided. Sure, I couldn't drink and sure, I couldn't eat raw fish and stuff but it was totally fine. I mean, I was in the Caribbean, not another planet. Should something have gone wrong, I wasn't far from a doctor/hospital.

From reading all the post about cruising while pregnant, it was my understanding that you had to fax in the form signed by the doctor.

It doesn't seem very smart to try to cruise while 8 months pregnant but hey that's just me.

Cruisemaster

Who is Bob?

Bill

Archived