trip insurance

MisterC

I've used Travel Guard in the past and have no complaints. However, on insuremytrip.com, I now always get Travelex Travel Lite Plan. It's a little less $$$ and gets an A+ rating. If you have a pre-existing condition, just make sure you purchase insurance within 21 days of making your cruise deposit (other insurance companies vary from 7 days to 14 days).

What happens if we decide to change the date of our cruise, after we buy one of these policies? I'm looking at one with Travelex that is better than the Princess policy. We made our next cruise reservation while on another cruise last month, and only had to put down $200, and can change the date if we want until final payment in Sept.

I bet someone who reads this can help me out. Thanks ahead of time.

No problem, you simply call Travelex and they will change the dates of travel for you. If there is any increase in the price of your trip, you need to notify them so they can adjust your premium.

I recently purchased through Travelex Travel Lite policy and had to call and change the travel dates. They told me if the dates were no more than a 2 day difference, it could be done over the phone. Since it involved an extra 7 days, I had to fax them a letter giving them the new dates. It was no problem whatsoever. Within about 30 minutes of their receiving my fax, they emailed me an updated copy of the policy with our new dates.

As someone up the line mentioned, insuremytrip.com is a handy website - - we bought our cruise insurance there a couple years ago, but have also used it for other short-term needs - for example, our son had a gap in his insurance policy, but was planning on taking a road trip during the gap - we got insurance there very cheaply but it gave us peace of mind to be able to send him merrily on his way!

I guess its different up here.. if you make a deposit they do not consider that the time of pymt only when you start making pymts for the cruise.. the deposit is refundable so up here Canada.. we have to purchase insurance before 48 hours after pymts start or final pymt... Since we purchased airfare already we do have insurance purchased and it was within the 48 hr range since we paid upfront for the airline and hotel...

We were supposed to leave today but my dh got sick and ended up in the hospital, we have berkely leisure ins. and called to cancel our trip. Any others have this experience?

Sorry to hear about your DH.. hope all goes well.. but I am sure in your documentaion from the insurance company there must be something related to cancelling do to illness.. I wish I could help ya out but I have no experience with american insurance companies.. sorry..

Archived