3rd time lucky!

Tink78

Hi everyone, well today we booked our 14 night Italian cruise sailing on the Independence 13th July 2013. I was booked on this cruise a few years ago but sadly my marraige ended and the cruise was not finacially possible. My son who was then 10 was heartbroke, he is now a very happy 12 year old and can't wait to go! Sooooo what do I do now?? I will gladly accept your knowledge and experiences to help make this a perfect cruise for my boy :) im going with my mum and dad who are staying in a cabin next to us, sadly we could not afford the balcony cabin we originally booked a few years ago. We have two Ocean state rooms on deck 2 (2596 & 2598) Hope these are ok rooms! very excited and cant wait to get stuck into all the planning!

Becky

Tink78

I sure am envious. You will not care on iota what room your are in. I hear that the med. cruises are so itinerary heavy that there is little time to spend in the rooms anyway. They could stick me in the bowels of the ship and I would manage to have a blast. Have the times of your lives. Sorry to hear that the past cruise wasn't a go, but I'm certain that this cruise will be more enjoyable if the circumstances were such anyway. I wish I had suggestions other than "have a blast", but I have no experience cruising the med. - just time there in the military. I'm certain the two do not compare. Good for you! Have a great time!

vince5251

Thank you for your reply, it is a very heavy itinerary!! we will enjoying the following ports

Gibraltar

Provence, France

Florence/Pisa, Italy

Rome, Italy

Ajaccio, Corsica

Seville, Spain

Lisbon, Portugal

Vigo, Spain

Cant wait!

Oh, I'm sure that this time it will turn out to be wonderful.....it's rare that people don't enjoy themselves on Indy! :D We're hoping to go on her later in the year, possibly to the same ports.

Some of the ports are a long way from the city they're supposed to be visiting- Civitavecchia is nowhere near to Rome, for instance. If you want to go there, you can walk to the station from the port gates and catch a train for about €9......don't be late back, though. You can also catch the train to just the next stop, Santa Marinella, for a fishing harbour visit. Civi also has a water park- a taxi ride away.

It's about 30 mins to walk to the cable cars on Gibraltar, but you might find some bargains in the shops on the way (very British- M&S, Morrisons etc....)

In Vigo, there's a ferry if you walk left of the ship, to the Cies Isles- beautiful beaches for swimming; I think it's about €18 for the trip and entry to the island, a National Park.

Have a great time, and come back and tell us all about it! :)

Archived