Dream pics

This is the reply made by Fraser on the Q&A Session

I did notice, especially over the summer, that sunbeds had become a bit of a hot topic.

We've always relied on the goodwill of our passengers to not leave their sunbeds unattended for more than our recommended 45 minutes. But we acknowledge that this isn't working anymore.

We're working on improving this at the moment so, while I can't tell you exactly what the solution will be, I can reassure you that we are going to do something about it.

Cheers,

Fraser

Fraser Ellacott

Managing Director,

Thomson Cruises

Has anybody on recent cruises noticed what is being done?

Just a couple of questions for Kruzseeka :) I take it they are face flannels in the bathroom photo and also is the hairdryer OK? I seem to remember it was, but after the one on the Majesty :eek: I thought I would check.

Yes in the picture are 2X face cloths, 2X hand towels and shower mat. The two bath towels (good size and fluffy) are folded on the shelf above, just out of the picture. As this is a standard cabin I assume this is a minimum provision.

Hairdryer as you will remember is in the bathroom! (:eek:) so not as convenient as those located in dressing table drawers where you can sit down to use it. I found it pretty good - it had two settings but the lower one wasn't very clever but the higher power I found perfectly good - but I do have short hair. Perhaps someone with long/thick hair could advise you as my opinion on this may not be the best one to take note of Linda.

Yes in the picture are 2X face cloths, 2X hand towels and shower mat. The two bath towels (good size and fluffy) are folded on the shelf above, just out of the picture. As this is a standard cabin I assume this is a minimum provision.

Hairdryer as you will remember is in the bathroom! (:eek:) so not as convenient as those located in dressing table drawers where you can sit down to use it. I found it pretty good - it had two settings but the lower one wasn't very clever but the higher power I found perfectly good - but I do have short hair. Perhaps someone with long/thick hair could advise you as my opinion on this may not be the best one to take note of Linda.

Thanks, Kruzseeka :) Yes, my hair is short too, so I should think it will be fine. Trying to save on the weight in the cases. I must say though,our new sub-zero (or whatever they are now called) cases are brilliant. They were stuffed full last time and still weighed only 16.5kg :)

The flannels are for DH. I hate flannels - not very hygenic in my opinion - I always have a shower and use my shower scrunchy thing (does it have a proper name?:rolleyes:) I suppose at least the flannels are changed daily, unlike the revolting thing that DH uses at home, which is saturated with soap as he never rinses it out and smells disgusting by the time he decides it needs to go in the wash. Sorry folks - not having your dinner were you? :D:D

:p

Thank you very much for all the pics and the earlier review kruzseeka, I noted you did have a pic of deck 10 cabin, we are on there in 21 days can't wait cabin1001.

Still checking were to go every day on the 2 week cruise as we love beeches and shopping.

Can you not ask for uht milk for cabin tea? I can't drink my tea black like you lol.:)

:p

Thank you very much for all the pics and the earlier review kruzseeka, I noted you did have a pic of deck 10 cabin, we are on there in 21 days can't wait cabin1001.

Still checking were to go every day on the 2 week cruise as we love beeches and shopping.

Can you not ask for uht milk for cabin tea? I can't drink my tea black like you lol.:)

Hi there - never thought to ask to be honest. I'm ok with weak tea (if I put a little sugar in) so didn't mind and DH just had his with the creamer but quite possibly they have milk too. No harm in asking grab1.

Have a wonderful time - if you enjoy the trip half as much as we did I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Fab islands, some gorgeous beaches.:D

I'll believe it when I see it, it's always the loudmouths who do it and the staff won't confront them and lay the law down. They are trained always to be nice to passengers.

Jan

That's why I suggested that they have a white coated officer doing the job! Like a car park attendant. ;)

I have Medium length, medium thickness hair and I always take my travel hair dryer with me as I hate standing up in a steamy bathroom to dry my hair.

I've just shown DH your photos, Kruzseeka, and he must have been impressed (comparing them to Majesty) because he asked, "Where does that ship go to then?". My quick response was "Spain in summer (he's not keen on Spain) and the Caribbean in Winter".

Just starting to gently get him interested! :D:D::D. In the Caribbean, that is!

I've just shown DH your photos, Kruzseeka, and he must have been impressed (comparing them to Majesty) because he asked, "Where does that ship go to then?". My quick response was "Spain in summer (he's not keen on Spain) and the Caribbean in Winter".

Keep working on him Jakanne! ;) :D

I'm currently looking at the Caribbean too. Never done the Caribbean, but everyone's reports recently are making me want to go! :D

I'm currently looking at the Caribbean too. Never done the Caribbean, but everyone's reports recently are making me want to go! :D

Have been to Dom Republic and Playacar, Mexico (3 times). The beaches are lovely and the sea when we were there is warm.....

Reading the reports of the upgrade on Dream, it seemd that people weren't impressed with it, but from your photo's I think it looks fab. I will see for myself next Sunday, thanks for the hard work on your holiday!!
But some people are going back on it again eh Geo?:D:D:D:D It looks good to me - and in a few weeks I shall see for myself:)

Hope you have a great time blossom:)

Same here Sailaway..... Almost have my finger on the button but waiting to see if when the 2014 itineraries are released there is something on my bucket list :confused:

To be honest, I cant see that much difference from before. A few new carpets, the odd bit of furniture and a lick of paint here and there etc but in my view certainly not enough to earn it a platinum status and not enough to justify the platinum prices.

Have a peek!

http://s1149.beta.photobucket.com/user/cruwza/media/Caribbean%202013/PlayaElAgua_03_zps4dfc928a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Kruzseeka

nice pics, working on winter 2015

as our first ever cruise will be on dream in june.

taken 9 yrs for Mrs H to say yes to this one, so hopefuly she will enjoy and Caribbean, next time.. would love 2014 but might be pushing it.:D:D

Reading the reports of the upgrade on Dream, it seemd that people weren't impressed with it, but from your photo's I think it looks fab. I will see for myself next Sunday, thanks for the hard work on your holiday!!

lucky so and so!!!

hope you have a Fab time

Carrs:D

Hi there - never thought to ask to be honest. I'm ok with weak tea (if I put a little sugar in) so didn't mind and DH just had his with the creamer but quite possibly they have milk too. No harm in asking grab1.

Have a wonderful time - if you enjoy the trip half as much as we did I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Fab islands, some gorgeous beaches.:D

Thanks kruzseeka We will, I'm still looking at all islands and what to do geo put some good places on his review last month.

Thanks CRUISIN LINDA, they have a fridge on our cabin so will stroll down to lido and get a cup of milk for morning :)

Kruzseeka

nice pics, working on winter 2015

as our first ever cruise will be on dream in june.

taken 9 yrs for Mrs H to say yes to this one, so hopefuly she will enjoy and Caribbean, next time.. would love 2014 but might be pushing it.:D:D

Enjoy June! And perhaps 2014................. best wishes and good luck with your plans [Dream(s)!] ;)

She's also doing the Adriatic in July and August next year too I believe, Jakanne. I must admit, having seen Kruzseeka's photos, I like the layout of the Dream very much which makes my choice of next cruise more difficult as I fancied the Black Sea on the Celebration too. We've never done the Baltic or the Caribbean either. Too many choices :eek:. The question is, do you chase an itinerary or a ship? FE seems to be keen on mixing things up to allow people to follow a ship but still be able to do new itineraries.

Look at the enthusiasm your photos have generated, Kruzseeka :D:D

She's also doing the Adriatic in July and August next year too I believe, Jakanne. I must admit, having seen Kruzseeka's photos, I like the layout of the Dream very much which makes my choice of next cruise more difficult as I fancied the Black Sea on the Celebration too. We've never done the Baltic or the Caribbean either. Too many choices :eek:. The question is, do you chase an itinerary or a ship? FE seems to be keen on mixing things up to allow people to follow a ship but still be able to do new itineraries.

Look at the enthusiasm your photos have generated, Kruzseeka :D:D

Yes......................tempted????? ;)

Archived