RSVP MSC Divina 2.15.14

bradpole

Hi guys!

It's been a few years, looking forward to seeing everyone again.

9° and 12" in NY this morning. Looking forward to 85° and " in the Caribbean.

Walter

Hey, Walter, welcome back! It's friggen cold in New York, can't wait to get warm weather. See you on board.

Yeee haaawwww. Some info on country dancing. Got ****kickers?

We're THRILLED to welcome back Country Western DJ and Dance Instructor Ingu Yun to Divina! Ingu will be two-stepping his way through lessons and sessions Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, leading up to our big Country Western Dance Jamboree at the main pool on Thursday, February 20 from 4pm-6pm. See y'all there, cowboys and cowgirls!

Hey, Walter, welcome back! It's friggen cold in New York, can't wait to get warm weather. See you on board.

Peter,

I heard on npr this morning about how the LIE is all but a parking lot. That a normal 90 min. commute is taking 4-5 hours. Ouch.

BTW: What day is the CCBoard meet and greet? is it Sat. or Sun. ? I am trying to pin down the day to do the Galaxy brunch. I was able to book that on-line, believe it or not...

Stay warm,

Alan

The Meet and Greet will be at 1 pm in the Golden Jazz Bar on Sunday, February 16th.

If you have not done so yet, RSVP for the Cruise Critic meet-and-greet by sending me an email at boytjieny at yahoo dot com and give me your name(s), Cruise Critic id(s) and cabin number(s).

About 50 people have RSVPed so far! I am not acknowledging each as I receive it but will send out an email to everyone closer to the cruise date.

Edited by Boytjie

Peter,

I heard on npr this morning about how the LIE is all but a parking lot. That a normal 90 min. commute is taking 4-5 hours. Ouch.

Living in Brooklyn and with a 15 minute commute by subway I am not complaining too much!

Yeee haaawwww. Some info on country dancing. Got ****kickers?

We're THRILLED to welcome back Country Western DJ and Dance Instructor Ingu Yun to Divina! Ingu will be two-stepping his way through lessons and sessions Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, leading up to our big Country Western Dance Jamboree at the main pool on Thursday, February 20 from 4pm-6pm. See y'all there, cowboys and cowgirls!

Glad Ingu will be on board spreading the CW dance scene. It's always a lot of fun. I know RSVP tries to "work him in" to the schedule,and thanks for that. Unortunately, they often locate him in obscure locations (like the Main Stage in the middle of the day or early morning. Who wanders by there, at that time?)

We have always thought that it would be nice if there were a CW dance venue going on in one of the lounges at night like the ever present disco was offered in the Queens Lounge. It would be a nice alternative for those who are over the disco scene. Many might find it a lot of fun. "SAVE A HORSE , RIDE A COWBOY "

Glad Ingu will be on board spreading the CW dance scene. It's always a lot of fun. I know RSVP tries to "work him in" to the schedule,and thanks for that. Unortunately, they often locate him in obscure locations (like the Main Stage in the middle of the day or early morning. Who wanders by there, at that time?)

We have always thought that it would be nice if there were a CW dance venue going on in one of the lounges at night like the ever present disco was offered in the Queens Lounge. It would be a nice alternative for those who are over the disco scene. Many might find it a lot of fun. "SAVE A HORSE , RIDE A COWBOY "

I have seen Ingo and the dancers in the mornings on the aft deck on HAL where the parties take place and I believe I have seen them dancing in other venues on the ship. Divina has a few lounges that could accommodate the dancing, I am sure.

Info provided by Randle on the RSVP message board site: the drink vouchers are 10cm x 5 cm (2" x 4" for the metrically challenged Americans) and come in booklets of 15 each (3mm or 1/8" thick)

Peter do you know the cost for a booklet of 15? One voucher = one drink? Well liquor and beer?

Peter do you know the cost for a booklet of 15? One voucher = one drink? Well liquor and beer?

The vouchers are for the beverage packages that are explained on page 5 of your Cruise Vacation Guide. ;)

It's a voucher for a drink with some exceptions e.g. vodka + Red Bull would be 2 vouchers :eek: and premium brands could be excluded. I have to look at the bar menu I have at home.

Edited by Boytjie

Just announced by Randle on the RSVP message boards:

For all those interested, please be advised we've received the official green light for a clothing optional stretch of beach on Great Stirrup Cay. It'll be at the far end of the island near the lagoon area. We'll have Cruise Directors Brad and Andre give directions to the spot the night before we arrive there.

Edited by Boytjie

The vouchers are for the beverage packages that are explained on page 5 of your Cruise Vacation Guide. ;)

It's a voucher for a drink with some exceptions e.g. vodka + Red Bull would be 2 vouchers :eek: and premium brands could be excluded. I have to look at the bar menu I have at home.

On regular MSC cruises the Allegrissimo Classic bevergae package is for unlimited drinks and excludes a number of things; if you go to this link off the regular bar many the items excluded are marked with a red asterisk: http://www.gaycruisepictures.com/divinabarlist/divinabar.html

I would assume that the same rule applies, but it may differ for RSVP.

Edited by Boytjie

Just announced by Randle on the RSVP message boards:

For all those interested, please be advised we've received the official green light for a clothing optional stretch of beach on Great Stirrup Cay. It'll be at the far end of the island near the lagoon area. We'll have Cruise Directors Brad and Andre give directions to the spot the night before we arrive there.

Time to quit drinking and do 1000 crunches a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question. The Allegrissimo Classic Carnet Drink Package includes 105 vouchers for $308 which works out to about $2.95 a drink as opposed to $7.50 bar price. Does anyone know if this package can be shared amongst 4 people in 2 room? 105 drinks is way to much for us and it would be a good way to save a few bucks…not a cheapo here but daddy needs a new pair of Gucci’s. :D

Question. The Allegrissimo Classic Carnet Drink Package includes 105 vouchers for $308 which works out to about $2.95 a drink as opposed to $7.50 bar price. Does anyone know if this package can be shared amongst 4 people in 2 room? 105 drinks is way to much for us and it would be a good way to save a few bucks…not a cheapo here but daddy needs a new pair of Gucci’s. :D

From what I was told by RSVP, the vouchers can be used anyway you want. You will receive 7 booklets containing 15 vouchers each. And they will add 15% gratuity so it will actually cost $354. To me this sounds like a no-brainer!

From what I was told by RSVP, the vouchers can be used anyway you want. You will receive 7 booklets containing 15 vouchers each. And they will add 15% gratuity so it will actually cost $354. To me this sounds like a no-brainer!

That's the way I understand it too!

This package idea can make for some interesting situations :)

Someone close to the end of the cruise and they are running low on coupons: to buy another package or pay per drink?

People close to the end of the cruise with too many vouchers left over (yes, I am sure it could happen!): drinks for everybody or getting sloshed!

On one cruise on HAL we had 4 balconies in a row and took 2 cases of champage onboard for a "champagne at sunset" social on the last night. People RSVPed and offered to bring over their leftover booze. Oh my, that was one drunken party! Manny's belly shots were all the rage.

We renamed it the BYLOB party (bring your leftover boooze)