RSVP MSC Divina 2.15.14

bradpole

I just heard that the late night DJ from last year's Eurodam sailing, Mick Hale, has not been asked back this year. He was the cute DJ for one of the Tea Dances as well. I think it was the Blue Party. Mick Hale is a long time favorite DJ in Asbury Park. Not sure why RSVP is not having him this year.

I just heard that the late night DJ from last year's Eurodam sailing, Mick Hale, has not been asked back this year. He was the cute DJ for one of the Tea Dances as well. I think it was the Blue Party. Mick Hale is a long time favorite DJ in Asbury Park. Not sure why RSVP is not having him this year.

I was looking forward to seeing DJ Mick Hale again too. :mad: They only had 3 DJ's and now (I think anyway.....) they're up to 5 DJ's! I mean isn't this ship big enough to house more? That way you can have the different music going on at the same time. I certainly feel with a ship of this stature, there's going to be obvious "cliques" throughout the ship. (Bears over there, leather guys over there, twinks over there, jocks over there, etc.) Just watch.........I have a feeling it's not going to be as "welcoming" as what I experienced last year. I could be way way wrong but let's just see. Either way, I would've like to have danced to his mixes again.

60 + replies already for the m&g? Wow! I have a feeling my partner and I might be the only Canadians! Most posts I see are from the states! :D (must be all those silent folks!)

At last years m&g, we happened to meet a couple that LITERALLY lived around the corner from us! GO FIGURE!

60 + replies already for the m&g? Wow! I have a feeling my partner and I might be the only Canadians! Most posts I see are from the states! :D (must be all those silent folks!)

At last years m&g, we happened to meet a couple that LITERALLY lived around the corner from us! GO FIGURE!

I think it was in 2010 that we had 110 people at the meet and greet!

I remember you running into your new neighbors last year. :)

I was looking forward to seeing DJ Mick Hale again too. :mad: They only had 3 DJ's and now (I think anyway.....) they're up to 5 DJ's! I mean isn't this ship big enough to house more? That way you can have the different music going on at the same time. I certainly feel with a ship of this stature, there's going to be obvious "cliques" throughout the ship. (Bears over there, leather guys over there, twinks over there, jocks over there, etc.) Just watch.........I have a feeling it's not going to be as "welcoming" as what I experienced last year. I could be way way wrong but let's just see. Either way, I would've like to have danced to his mixes again.

I know last year Mick Hale and his partner were actually booked to sail on the cruise when they tapped him to be a DJ. I don't think he booked this year thinking that he would be asked back. I know he is available. I liked himn a lot.

Not sure if there will be those "cliques" you talk about on the ship. Groups of friends will always hang out together. The only thing that bothers me is the Yacht Club. Friends we are traveling with booked it. Now they are wondering if they can invite friends to their cabin or to spend time with them by the Yacht Club pool. While they get free drinks the main reason they booked was for a large suite like cabin. From the reports I have read the Yacht Club cabins and balcony are not that much large than the standard balcony cabns. I know they are paying over twice person than the cabin I booked with an extra large balcony. I also hope MSC has enough booze and bartenders for our group.

Dan

I know last year Mick Hale and his partner were actually booked to sail on the cruise when they tapped him to be a DJ. I don't think he booked this year thinking that he would be asked back. I know he is available. I liked himn a lot.

Not sure if there will be those "cliques" you talk about on the ship. Groups of friends will always hang out together. The only thing that bothers me is the Yacht Club. Friends we are traveling with booked it. Now they are wondering if they can invite friends to their cabin or to spend time with them by the Yacht Club pool. While they get free drinks the main reason they booked was for a large suite like cabin. From the reports I have read the Yacht Club cabins and balcony are not that much large than the standard balcony cabns. I know they are paying over twice person than the cabin I booked with an extra large balcony. I also hope MSC has enough booze and bartenders for our group.

Dan

I think it has been a long time since a cruise ship has run out of booze on a RSVP cruise, but I somewhat recall them having to take on extra of a certain brand or type along the way.

One of my favorite crew quotes were from the 2007 cruise on the Caribbean Princess when I asked a waiter what he thought of the cruise and he said: "I have never worked so hard in my life but we are making LOTS of money - you people can DRINK!"

Edited by Boytjie

That's the way I understand it too!

This package idea can make for some interesting situations :)

Someone close to the end of the cruise and they are running low on coupons: to buy another package or pay per drink?

People close to the end of the cruise with too many vouchers left over (yes, I am sure it could happen!): drinks for everybody or getting sloshed!

On one cruise on HAL we had 4 balconies in a row and took 2 cases of champage onboard for a "champagne at sunset" social on the last night. People RSVPed and offered to bring over their leftover booze. Oh my, that was one drunken party! Manny's belly shots were all the rage.

We renamed it the BYLOB party (bring your leftover boooze)

Having extra vouchers toward the end of the cruise would be like having cartons of cigarettes in prison. And you know what the price for a pack of cigarettes in prison is. Wink...wink.

I like the idea of of a social on the last night. Do you know when the ship releases spirits bought on board or off site on the last day of the cruise? I wouldn't mind in the least buying a couple of bottles of champagne on board to be held till last night for a group party.

Alan

Having extra vouchers toward the end of the cruise would be like having cartons of cigarettes in prison. And you know what the price for a pack of cigarettes in prison is. Wink...wink.

I have no idea what that is... and I watched Oz! :eek:

I like the idea of of a social on the last night. Do you know when the ship releases spirits bought on board or off site on the last day of the cruise? I wouldn't mind in the least buying a couple of bottles of champagne on board to be held till last night for a group party.

Alan

Those last night socials have always been fun - we started that on our first cruise in 2007 inviting a few people we met - and some of them brought someone. This cruise we will celebrate the marriage of 2 tag-a-alongs :)

I think you can buy wine/champagne for your room anytime; buying bottles of alcohol does not seem to be possible.

From what I have seen on the MSC threads duty free bought on board or alcohol brought on board could be delivered to you anywhere from day 6 of a 7 day cruise to the morning of departure.

Edited by Boytjie

I think it has been a long time since a cruise ship has run out of booze on a RSVP cruise, but I somewhat recall them having to take on extra of a certain brand or type along the way.

One of my favorite crew quotes were from the 2007 cruise on the Caribbean Princess when I asked a waiter what he thought of the cruise and he said: "I have never worked so hard in my life but we are making LOTS of money - you people can DRINK!"

That's funny! Our first RSVP cruise was the Queen Mary 2 transatlantic, also in 2007 I think. I remember talking to a bar tender one afternoon and he said, "we never knew how poorly our bars are laid out! We are used to perhaps two guests at the same time wanting something, walking all over isn't an issue. You guys!?!? We have never seen so many people wanting to drink at once! But we love it!"

That's funny! Our first RSVP cruise was the Queen Mary 2 transatlantic, also in 2007 I think. I remember talking to a bar tender one afternoon and he said, "we never knew how poorly our bars are laid out! We are used to perhaps two guests at the same time wanting something, walking all over isn't an issue. You guys!?!? We have never seen so many people wanting to drink at once! But we love it!"

I still wish we did that cruise.

If they ran out of booze they had no place to replenish!

We were om QM2 with Pied Piper. We took over Commodorothy's until they **** it down then we moved to G32 and shut that down too.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I hate talking about the end of the cruise already but we are flying out of Fort Lauderdale around 5 that evening, which means we would have to lug it around for 5 hours at a minimum. :( Any ideas on what we can do with our luggage for a few hours either in Miami or Fort Lauderdale while we do a little sight seeing or even just getting something to eat? Thanks.

I hate talking about the end of the cruise already but we are flying out of Fort Lauderdale around 5 that evening, which means we would have to lug it around for 5 hours at a minimum. :( Any ideas on what we can do with our luggage for a few hours either in Miami or Fort Lauderdale while we do a little sight seeing or even just getting something to eat? Thanks.

Does RSVP/MSC offer the opportunity to pay a fee and have your luggage transferred to the airport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you plan on getting around before going to the airport? Renting a car may be an option for transport and luggage.

Does RSVP/MSC offer the opportunity to pay a fee and have your luggage transferred to the airport?

I have not seen anything about luggage service by MSC and if they did chances are they would do it for MIA and not FLL. I don't think HAL's luggage service was only to FLL and not MIA. RSVP would not get involved with transporting luggage.

We have been in a similar situation in the past, we have rented a one way rental from downtown Miami with a return to FLL. It certainly wasn't the cheapest option, but it was easy and let us do what we wanted to do with the luggage in the car.

It has been a while, but I belive both Avis and Hertz have locations downtown, and I think Alamo had a free shuttle from the port to their MIA location.

I read online that for a regular MSC Divina cruise, Deck 18 has an area for over-18 only.

In that area are 'sun beds' and the 2-person pods, that you have to pay for.

Does anyone know if this is also the case for our charter cruise?

And how do you reserve the 2-person pods?

Thanks,

Aji

I read online that for a regular MSC Divina cruise, Deck 18 has an area for over-18 only.

In that area are 'sun beds' and the 2-person pods, that you have to pay for.

Does anyone know if this is also the case for our charter cruise?

And how do you reserve the 2-person pods?

Thanks,

Aji

I am going to assume that T18 will be fior pay on our cruise too. At one point that could have been the clothing optional area but it is at T16.

When we were on the tour of the ship there were two people at the steps leading to it handing out towels and orobably charging the fee. I talked my way past them to get a look at the area :)

The Meet and Greet will be at 1 pm in the Golden Jazz Bar on Sunday, February 16th.

If you have not done so yet, RSVP for the Cruise Critic meet-and-greet by sending me an email at <font color="Black">boytjieny at yahoo dot com and give me your name(s), Cruise Critic id(s) and cabin number(s).

We have been in a similar situation in the past, we have rented a one way rental from downtown Miami with a return to FLL. It certainly wasn't the cheapest option, but it was easy and let us do what we wanted to do with the luggage in the car.

It has been a while, but I belive both Avis and Hertz have locations downtown, and I think Alamo had a free shuttle from the port to their MIA location.

Thanks Peter, Brad. We were going to take a shuttle and I didn't even think about renting a car. :confused: I'm such a newbie. The car rental sounds like it would be a much better idea for us. :D

Hi Peter!

Please add Stuart and I to your meet and greet list.

What other info do you need?

Sorry if it's already been posted, I haven't been on here in a long time.

Cheers,

Aji

Aji & Stuart from Toronto

finally see a post from a familiar city........... :D

Thanks Peter, Brad. We were going to take a shuttle and I didn't even think about renting a car. :confused: I'm such a newbie. The car rental sounds like it would be a much better idea for us. :D

We've preferred the rental car option over shuttles for getting back to FLL after a cruise. Depending on your interests there are a lot of options to kill time before getting to the airport.

If you like Museums and gardens, Vizcaya is a great option about 15 minutes south of the port of Miami.

http://vizcaya.org

(If you remember the 80's movie "The Money Pit" the final scene was shot there)

I have seen Ingo and the dancers in the mornings on the aft deck on HAL where the parties take place and I believe I have seen them dancing in other venues on the ship. Divina has a few lounges that could accommodate the dancing, I am sure.

Thanks Peter for the response. I agree, there are always numerous lounges for a CW dance venue at night as well as disco, however RSVP does need to initiate a setup of that kind of venue. Hey , it may keep more folks up later in the evening as well.

It is sooo cold here on the east coast, can't wait. BTW experienced Brooklyn's cold weather this past weekend. Brrrrrr!

Bob

Hi everyone,

I started thinking of buying stuff for the themes? I've never been on a cruise, let alone a RSVP one, but I have had my fair share of themed dances/weekends at camp. What do people normally do for the themes? If dress for it, then pirates is an obvious, but what about the others? Baywatch, Gold...so on. Thanks for any advice.