RSVP MSC Divina 2.15.14

bradpole

Just so you know, we will not be docked in Old San Juan but at the Pan American pier across the water by the Isla Grande airport (not the main airport)

What makes you say we will be docked at the Pan American Pier? Currently MSC Divina is docked in San Juan at the Old San Juan piers not the Pan American pier. Carnival Liberty is the only other ship currently docked in Old San Juan with Nieuw Amsterdam coming in this afternoon. These are the same ships when we dock in 2 weeks.

What makes you say we will be docked at the Pan American Pier? Currently MSC Divina is docked in San Juan at the Old San Juan piers not the Pan American pier. Carnival Liberty is the only other ship currently docked in Old San Juan with Nieuw Amsterdam coming in this afternoon. These are the same ships when we dock in 2 weeks.

I asked Randle from RSVP and he said MSC confirmed Pan American piers to him. I earlier had asked on the MSC boards and the said they were at the Old San Juan piers.

Is there a web cam or something that shows Divina in Old San Juan? I would like to get this sorted out,

MSC Divina has a bow webcam which is pointed at the corner of the Sheraton in Old San Juan. You can find it in kroooz-cams dot com . They also have a interior deck cam.

Also, www dot Marinetraffic dot com shows a current map of the port where the ships are docked.

MSC Divina has a bow webcam which is pointed at the corner of the Sheraton in Old San Juan. You can find it in kroooz-cams dot com . They also have a interior deck cam.

Also, www dot Marinetraffic dot com shows a current map of the port where the ships are docked.

How did I not know about MSC's webcams? :confused::eek:

I will follow-up with Randle. Thanks for pointing this out!

Edited by Boytjie

Randle is checking with MSC again, I will let you all know as soon as I hear.

Randle asked MSC again and they insist that they dock at the Pan American pier... :rolleyes: :confused: :eek:

I wonder if they know where their ships are...

Randle is checking with MSC again, I will let you all know as soon as I hear.

I found a web cam for the Divina. She is docked at port - But, I really can't tell what I am looking at. Seeing that (from what I can surmise) the Pan American pier ships dock at the pier with bow facing the water - whereas the Old San Juan pier has ships docking at the pier with bow facing land. This cam shows the bow facing land. For what it's worth:

http://kroooz-cams.com/msc_divina/divina1.php

That's what I saw today too:

ImageUploadedByForums1391630381.610582.jpg.7e156d12b17d254a42800bc2a9e83015.jpg

That's pointing towards Old San Juan.

Here is a map showing the 3 ships today - same ships when we are there:

ImageUploadedByForums1391630457.269132.jpg.4bf71df7b5ffe12b5e3d2f2964c4a4d1.jpg

Sorry about the pics being so small.

Edited by Boytjie

Divina was definitely docked today at Old San Juan piers. The webcam showed her pointing inland with a portion of the Sheraton on the left of the picture. MarineTraffic maps confirmed this too.

It seems very unlikely to me that she changes to a different pier complex for our cruise especially since there will be the same 3 ships there when we're there and the Old San Juan piers can accommodate 3 ships no problem....but we'll just have to wait and see.

Old San Juan is definitely the better pier to dock at.

After a bit of back and forth and sleuthing here Randle, has finally been able to verify with MSC that we will indeed bed docking at the Old San Juan piers. Apparently the MSC office is unaware that there are 2 cruise docks in San Juan and that all cruise ships dock at the Pan American dock (i.e. the actual Old San Juan dock). :eek:

So no shuttles or cabs needed to get to Old San Juan, we will be docked in front of the Sheraton Old San Juan.

It's a good thing the captain knows where to park the ship... Or does he/she?

Thanks to aviatrguy for pointing this out! Come to the meet-and-greet and I'll buy you a drink! :)

Edited by Boytjie

Randle asked MSC again and they insist that they dock at the Pan American pier... :rolleyes: :confused: :eek:

I wonder if they know where their ships are...

Given by some of the experiences that people have posted in the MSC boards about answers given by the call centers compared to what actually happens onboard, I wonder as well. :p

To those who haven't been to Old San Juan, it really is a great little city to wander around!

I have seen 5 pm posted as the time to be onboard the Divina - I think I saw that on the Holy Ship! charter web page (the 3-day charter for electronic music fans that just ended)

From the MSC FAQs:

Check-in closes one hour before the ship is due to depart, except for American ports where check-in closes 90 minutes before the scheduled departure time.

Oh, and be sure to check in online at least 48 hours before sailing time otherwise it can slow down your check-in at the ship.

Hey Peter,

By "check in online" do you mean the registration we did to get our luggage tags or do we have to check in again? I don't remember mention of another check in anywhere else.

Thanks.

Hey Peter,

By "check in online" do you mean the registration we did to get our luggage tags or do we have to check in again? I don't remember mention of another check in anywhere else.

Thanks.

The one where you had to put in your passport info. I waited till after they shook out some issues to do it; I don't buy anything version 1.0. :D

The one where you had to put in your passport info. I waited till after they shook out some issues to do it; I don't buy anything version 1.0. :D

I did that right away, but we never got our baggage tags. I even called and sent emails to RSVP, MSC, and travel agent. TA says that they will be available at the pier, but I always like to have things ready in advance.

Andre, the Divina's Cruise Director, also confirmed to me that they were in fact docked in Old San Juan today.

Been getting some pointers from our Head Office Staff person She was born there and use to live not too far from the Sheraton.

Now if I can only get all my work done before we fly to Fort Lauderdale next Wednesday. Cashed in miles last June for what I thought was a 7:00 PM flight. Discovered last night while making rental car arrangements that is is a 7:00 AM flight. No seats availible on the evening flights. In fact USAirways is pretty much sold out on all thier flight from PHilly to Fort Lauderdale or Miami next week. My office will have to do with out me for an extra day.

Got a "full size sedan" BIG Impala through priceline at $28 per day. Pick up at the Airport in Fort Luaderdale and drop of at a Budget location in Miami 1 mile from port. Only $10.00 per taxi to the port, Budget has no shuttle. Car is large enough for the four men traveling together plus all the baggage my friends will be bringing. Me, I travel light one carry on should do it.

Looking forward to leaving the COLD, SNOW and ICE of Philly.

Dan

Has anybody ever transported glow sticks or glow bracelets in your carry on luggage or book bag on the plane? 95% of my clothes already at my place in Lauderdale so would just have carry on.

Jason

RSVP ALL GAY RIVER CRUISE FROM ZURICH TO AMSTERDAM FLOATING PRIDE!

July 23-Aug 1, 2014

RSVP announces their latest adventure with a brand new river cruise from the heart of Switzerland to Amsterdam - arriving just in time for an overnight during their world-famous "floating" gay pride celebration.

Your journey begins with two fabulous nights in Zürich before boarding the luxurious and intimate 138-guest Avalon Affinity for 7 magical nights cruising the Rhine River. Highlights along the way include a visit to Strasbourg, capital of France's Alsace wine region, as well as an overnight stay in one of Europe's most progressive cities - Cologne, Germany.

RSVP ALL GAY RIVER CRUISE FROM ZURICH TO AMSTERDAM FLOATING PRIDE!

July 23-Aug 1, 2014

RSVP announces their latest adventure with a brand new river cruise from the heart of Switzerland to Amsterdam - arriving just in time for an overnight during their world-famous "floating" gay pride celebration.

Your journey begins with two fabulous nights in Zürich before boarding the luxurious and intimate 138-guest Avalon Affinity for 7 magical nights cruising the Rhine River. Highlights along the way include a visit to Strasbourg, capital of France's Alsace wine region, as well as an overnight stay in one of Europe's most progressive cities - Cologne, Germany.

Start a new thread ;)

Has anybody ever transported glow sticks or glow bracelets in your carry on luggage or book bag on the plane? 95% of my clothes already at my place in Lauderdale so would just have carry on.

Jason

Now that's a new one here... :)

I have not carried it on. Can you just buy it in Ft. Lauderdale? Hassling with TSA may not be worth it.

Jason

Put them in a padded envelope and send them to yourself in Florida - that's what we did. Much easier than dealing with TSA.

Put them in a padded envelope and send them to yourself in Florida - that's what we did. Much easier than dealing with TSA.

I just remember I have Global Entry TSA pre-check might be able to bring them on but will call them first to make sure. If not will ship. Thanks.

Jason

Start a new thread ;)

Randle talked about this one last summer when we sailed on the RSVP Blue Danube Riverboat sailing. Funny that they are only just now releasing it. I known over the past several summers they have done two and have Sold Out quickly. With only 138 passenger maybe they are thing this sailing will sell quickly too?

While I would love to go I don't know that is is in the cards this year. Their Riverboat Cruises are great. I have to rank it up their with one of the best vacations I have ever taken. Needless to say a more mature crowd that their Caribbean sailings but wonderful. Ending formPride in Amsterdam is the Crown Jewel for this sailing.

Dan

If you have not RSVPed yet (or I you have not gotten an email from me), please send me an email at boytjieny at yahoo dot com and give me your name(s), Cruise Critic id(s) and cabin number(s).

The Meet and Greet will be at 1 pm in the Golden Jazz Bar on Sunday, February 16th.

_D3X9403_G_tcm12-58681.jpg

OMG! The weatherman says some significant snow expected right when we are due to leave for Miami. For an enormous amount of cash, we got our flights changed to Wednesday morning. With the expectation for Atlanta to get ice and snow, a lot of people may not be as lucky. See you on the Divina.