Original Canopy Zipline Costa Rica

bartsplace

We did the zipline in Barbados and it was much more professional and safe, from the time we arrived to the time we re-boarded the bus. The platforms in Costa Rica were very narrow and at some points, not much more than a couple boards hammered to a frame. I am not big on heights but felt quite comfortable in Barbados but was nearly paralyzed with fear in Costa Rica. Some people in our group needed a little extra TLC (myself included) & the staff were not as patient or helpful as they could be. Just my two cents - others may have had a much better experience.

We did it in Costa Rica and had a ball. Yes the platforms were a little challenging sometimes, but I felt that we were being well attended to. Our safety lines were always attached. My hubby is the original "safety guy" and he had a ball. For us it was fun!

We did it in Costa Rica and had a ball. Yes the platforms were a little challenging sometimes, but I felt that we were being well attended to. Our safety lines were always attached. My hubby is the original "safety guy" and he had a ball. For us it was fun!

Did you do the Vista Los Suelos Zip line?

We're going to do this next month! So excited!:D

I went zip lining in Costa Rica, February 2013, with my husband (52) sons (16,13) myself (49) through a private excursion. Because I'm not too keen on heights, at first I was somewhat apprehensive. We were always attached to the platform. After zipping the first run which was longer and higher than the previous ones, we were given the opportunity to bail. I loved it and it is one of our favorite excursions and I would definitely do it again. Due to the fact that we had booked a tour privately we beat the cruise ships there and pretty much had the place to ourselves.

Brenda

Did you do the Vista Los Suelos Zip line?
We're going to do this next month! So excited!:D

No, actually, we did the "Original Canopy" one. But I got to tell you, this looks like a lot of fun!! You'll have a ball!!

We're in our 60's and figure if we're ever going to do it, it better be now!:p

So are we..... our boys think we're funny, and my mother thinks we're nuts!!!

Our friends, who are both in their late 70's just got back from a Panama Canal cruise, and they both zipped in Costa Rica. :eek:

They both loved it. :)

Patti B

It's very important to note there are several if not a lot of zip line providers in Costa Rica and all are not equal. To make it interesting, at least 2 call themselves 'Original'.

We were not happy with ours in 2011 (We did not go via Princess - but we were at one of the 'Originals'). It was understaffed for one, and second they used a hand braking method which is very difficult for people with shorter arms. It ended up taking us so long to get through that it threw off our schedule.

Like I said, there may be more than one 'original' Ours was attached to the Veruaga Rainforest Walk and tram (and there are several different kids of trams, too).

We're in our 60's and figure if we're ever going to do it, it better be now!:p

For my 63rd b'day, I went skydiving from three miles up. Go for it!

Highly recommended: Adventure Park Hotel Vista Golfo's Zipline Over 11 Waterfalls. We'd been to another zipline in Costa Rica (Los Sueños) twice and it was a lot of fun. But the Adventure Park experience was a full order of magnitude above. (And my understanding is that the place that Princess uses is a cut below, as well as more expensive.)

You actually do zip over a series of truly gorgeous waterfalls, and the staff and equipment are terrific. You get to cross a shaky suspension bridge (safely) and swim beneath a waterfall, too. A good lunch is included. Only possible hangup: at two points, you have to rappel down off two waterfall-adorned cliffs. It''s as safe as the lines, but actually launching oneself backward off a cliff might be a bit much for some folks.

41787696_zipliningoverwater.jpg.e44b8bd1f11caf22cc7b9efca0df1ee8.jpg

947661704_ziplineoverwaterfall.jpg.3ead2f11865651d3c9f8c7d808cb1677.jpg

Highly recommended: Adventure Park Hotel Vista Golfo's Zipline Over 11 Waterfalls. We'd been to another zipline in Costa Rica (Los Suenos) twice and it was a lot of fun. But the Adventure Park experience was a full order of magnitude above. (And my understanding is that the place that Princess uses is a cut below, as well as more expensive.)

You actually do zip over a series of truly gorgeous waterfalls, and the staff and equipment are terrific. You get to cross a shaky suspension bridge (safely) and swim beneath a waterfall, too. A good lunch is included. Only possible hangup: at two points, you have to rappel down off two waterfall-adorned cliffs. It''s as safe as the lines, but actually launching oneself backward off a cliff might be a bit much for some folks.

Ummm... yeah, that's not going to happen!:eek: The zip lines over the waterfall look amazing, but I don't think I could hurl myself off a cliff for anything!:o

Our Vista Los Suenos is a private tour, so we'll get there and get out before the ship's tours arrive. If all goes as planned.

Our Vista Los Suenos is a private tour, so we'll get there and get out before the ship's tours arrive. If all goes as planned.

AFAIK, Princess doesn't use Los Sueños, or at least didn't when I was there. Anyway, great outfit, and the last line is a long, fast thriller.

Have fun!

Archived