Oceana Cabins

Stackerman

Just back off Oceana and apart from different curtains, no changes had been made in our cabin. The new curtains weren't really black-out and they let in lots more light than the old ones. It was hard to see the changes around the ship although we were told that lots of carpets in the bars etc around the atrium were new and of course Le Club had a refit.

I was on Oceana for the New Year Cruise, in a balcony cabin and there was brand new Curtains, and bed linen , the chair had been re-upholstered, and there was a flat screen tv....

All public areas had new carpets, and Le Club was totally upgraded with all chairs upholstered and new carpets, it was immaculate.

I was on Oceana for the New Year Cruise, in a balcony cabin and there was brand new Curtains, and bed linen , the chair had been re-upholstered, and there was a flat screen tv....

All public areas had new carpets, and Le Club was totally upgraded with all chairs upholstered and new carpets, it was immaculate.

Your cabin must have been one of the chosen few Libralass. We were in a balcony cabin too for the 35-day Caribbean cruise and definitely didn't have new bed linen or towels. We were disappointed that the carpet hadn't been replaced as it had seen better days. The balcony also was pretty tatty. We really like P&O and there's so much we enjoyed about the ship but we heard that the budget had to be cut on the cabin refit and that was a pity.

Just back off Oceana and apart from different curtains, no changes had been made in our cabin. The new curtains weren't really black-out and they let in lots more light than the old ones. It was hard to see the changes around the ship although we were told that lots of carpets in the bars etc around the atrium were new and of course Le Club had a refit.

sort of wandering onto this thread. we were/are thinking about a cruise on her. Longish cruise so looking for the best cabin we can afford. On Aurora we had deluxe balcony ,as it was slightly larger and had the separating curtain.

Is it me or are Oceana's cabins on the small side.

Your cabin must have been one of the chosen few Libralass. We were in a balcony cabin too for the 35-day Caribbean cruise and definitely didn't have new bed linen or towels. We were disappointed that the carpet hadn't been replaced as it had seen better days. The balcony also was pretty tatty. We really like P&O and there's so much we enjoyed about the ship but we heard that the budget had to be cut on the cabin refit and that was a pity.

Probably my cabin just needed more work in the refurb Brayman...:rolleyes: I did read reviews from the weekender just before our cruise of some balconies being tatty, with splattered paint and some rails not varnished. Perhaps they were working their way round them, though they all should all of been completed in the upgrade I agree.

Some people have said the budget cut on refurb maybe because they might sell her in next few years, perhaps when the new ship comes to the fleet?

• 4 weeks later...

I had a balcony cabin and there was brand new Curtains, and bed linen , the chair had been re-upholstered, and there was a flat screen tv ....it was immaculate,

Do pando employees often frequent here and other cruise forums pretending that they are actual cruisers ?

I read somewhere they have pictures of themselves (flirting) with Waiters from Goa, whilst they sit back and relax on ships in "Immaculate" balcony cabins, with discounted pando employee prices.

Is it part of their job description one wonders to post positive reviews of pando ships ?

Could this could possibly be true ?

Maybe they can let us know what is happening ?

Thanks

we are just back off Oceana and thought she was in great condition for her age, really enjoyed her. I knew new carpets had been fitted as my daughter was covered in the new carpet fluff from playing under the chairs in footlights while we were waiting to disembark!

Archived