One last question! Ft Lauderdale

Lessa123

I know, I've been asking a lot of questions but I swear, this is the last one!!

Doing a 2 week collector's cruise. When we get back to Florida after the first week, I assume we could leave the ship if we choose. My question is this. Do we need to stand in the lines and check in as if we were boarding for the first time or is there a quicker way we could get through security and back onto the ship?

Thanks so much!

Debbie

When you return to the ship on your turnaround day, you will not have to go through check in line. Go directly to security x-ray and you are free to reboard (assuming you are gone long enough the ship has zeroed down).

You will show your ship's ID and InTransit card. You will receive a letter the last night of your first cruise and it will contain instructions as to what is expected of you in terms of Immigration and dining hours etc for turn around day. The envelope will include the InTransit card which enables you to avoid the check in lines and go directly to security and aboard.

James, you walked to Total Wine??????????

We stayed at embassy suites and the cab ride was 15 minutes, I would guess you have to walk really fast to make it in 40 minutes. Power to you for being in such great shape.

We were the last off the Nieuw Amsterdam on 12/16 and we talked with several B2B people who complained about having to stand in the immigration lines to go into town on the turnaround. So plan accordingly. You do not have to stand in line to get BACK ON THE SHIP, but you will be in a line to get off.

I have walked from the ship to Total Wine, but do take a cab back to the ship with my purchases, walking time is about 30/40 minutes.

James, you walked to Total Wine??????????

Wow James, that is awesome!! Totally agree with dadroy, you must be in great shape. I remember driving from near port to TW and would never think to walk it, even in 1 direction! Do you know a shortcut??? And if it is a hot humid day, wow, pretty dam good!!

ML

I was recently on a back 2 back from Fort Lauderdale. In addition to what has been said. On the first segment ask your table mates if they are going to the shopping district right outside the port. You may well find someone and you can share the cab expense. The fee I paid was $10.00 each way. From the store, there were several people standing outside store waiting for cab to ship. We all jumped in the cab to return ship and split the cost. There are numerous stores right outside the port gates. Upon return you will have to go through the scanners but you can by pass all other lines with your ship return card you received on the ship.

Archived