Just off victory

wallypbear

Hello, if have have recently been on the Victory out of Miami. I and I'm sure hundreds of other CC member's would like to read your opinions on:

Condition of the ship/staterooms.

Service/food in the Lido/MDR.

Entertainment and activities around the ship.

Thank you:)

Welcome back! Hope it was a good cruise :) we've sailed her twice and are back next week. Did you happen to notice what time the ship began the disembarkation process? Like the first round of self-assists?

Have not taken the cruise yet. Looking for others to post info. My thread title "JUST OFF VICTORY" was to attract the attention of other CC members that have sailed. Also, for readers craving reviews of the ship in relation to her new home port/itinerary.

Bon Voyage Canadian_J, enjoy !!!:)

LOVE the Canadian EH at the end of your statement!!!!:D:D:D

Not intentional, I swear!

But back on topic, it's been a year and a half since I've been on Victory but I do love that ship. Highly recommend it to anyone considering it. Great ship for the short duration cruises now.

Does the Victory have the adult aft pool??

Last time we were on board it did. Same style as the Conquest class, pool and two hot tubs but only a small "Adults Only" sign. The Serenity Deck on Victory is my favourite (spelled correctly). The beds and shower station are just perfect for an afternoon in the sun. Wish all the Serenity decks had these features!

Hello, I was on the Victory for the Feb 4th sailing. I would also like to hear what others thought of it to get different opinions. But here is a little bit of info...

We were a party of 6. Myself, husband and our two 20 something son's and their girlfriends. We had 3 balcony cabins on the Lido deck. Rooms were very clean. Our room steward was Ktut, he did a fantastic job and very friendly. Kept our ice bucket full all the time.

Dining room: we had early seating in the Pacific Dining room, upper level. We were seated in the back next to the window. This was great for sunsets, however the windows were very dirty and needed to be cleaned. If you like watching the waitstaff shows during dinner, I would suggest sitting on the lower level because that is where all the action was, all we could do was hear it. A lot of people around us went over to the balcony and stood and watched.

Dinner the 1st 2 nights took forever! It wasn't just the fact that it took 2 hours, it was more that we were just sitting and sitting and waiting with nothing in front of us. Then when dessert finally came we felt really rushed to eat and leave. Our waiter was Michael he was really nice and apologized and told us he was short staffed. It improved after the first 2 nights.

Lido Deck: very nice having live music! 2 guys playing Caribbean music during the day. We never had problems getting deck chairs until our day at sea. It was packed that day and very hard to find 2 chairs together.

Serenity Deck: Could never find chairs. always packed!

Comedians: There were 2 of them Dylan Mandlsohn and ? Diamond. Sorry, I don"t know his first name. We went to one of the comedy nights and Diamond was out first, we did not think he was very funny so we left. Our kids told us we should have stayed because Dylan was hilarious they said. They went to all of his comedy shows and thought he was great! I was usually wiped out by 10:00 and was ready for bed.

We went to a game show, I think it was called "Liar Liar" I could be wrong. But we thought it was pretty funny. It had the cruise director, Goose and 3 other staff members. They were given a word and they had to tell the audience a definition and we had to guess which on was correct.

Overall, it was a pretty good cruise. All of the staff seemed pretty friendly. The food was fine. Nothing fantastic but nothing to complain about.

This was our 5th cruise. 3 on Carnival and 1 NCL and 1 Holland America. Hope this review helps some. I will try to answer your questions and hopefully more people will give reviews.

Does the Victory have the adult aft pool??

Yes, it has the aft pool, which I thought was adults only, but there were kids in there AND the hot tubs :rolleyes:. We sailed the Victory for our honeymoon in July 2010 and again this past weekend.

Hello, I was on the Victory for the Feb 4th sailing. I would also like to hear what others thought of it to get different opinions. But here is a little bit of info...

We were a party of 6. Myself, husband and our two 20 something son's and their girlfriends. We had 3 balcony cabins on the Lido deck. Rooms were very clean. Our room steward was Ktut, he did a fantastic job and very friendly. Kept our ice bucket full all the time.

Dining room: we had early seating in the Pacific Dining room, upper level. We were seated in the back next to the window. This was great for sunsets, however the windows were very dirty and needed to be cleaned. If you like watching the waitstaff shows during dinner, I would suggest sitting on the lower level because that is where all the action was, all we could do was hear it. A lot of people around us went over to the balcony and stood and watched.

Dinner the 1st 2 nights took forever! It wasn't just the fact that it took 2 hours, it was more that we were just sitting and sitting and waiting with nothing in front of us. Then when dessert finally came we felt really rushed to eat and leave. Our waiter was Michael he was really nice and apologized and told us he was short staffed. It improved after the first 2 nights.

Lido Deck: very nice having live music! 2 guys playing Caribbean music during the day. We never had problems getting deck chairs until our day at sea. It was packed that day and very hard to find 2 chairs together.

Serenity Deck: Could never find chairs. always packed!

Comedians: There were 2 of them Dylan Mandlsohn and ? Diamond. Sorry, I don"t know his first name. We went to one of the comedy nights and Diamond was out first, we did not think he was very funny so we left. Our kids told us we should have stayed because Dylan was hilarious they said. They went to all of his comedy shows and thought he was great! I was usually wiped out by 10:00 and was ready for bed.

We went to a game show, I think it was called "Liar Liar" I could be wrong. But we thought it was pretty funny. It had the cruise director, Goose and 3 other staff members. They were given a word and they had to tell the audience a definition and we had to guess which on was correct.

Overall, it was a pretty good cruise. All of the staff seemed pretty friendly. The food was fine. Nothing fantastic but nothing to complain about.

This was our 5th cruise. 3 on Carnival and 1 NCL and 1 Holland America. Hope this review helps some. I will try to answer your questions and hopefully more people will give reviews.

Totally agree with you on the slow dinner service! We just got back from a 4 day sailing yesterday. On top of the slow dinner service and being rushed through dessert, our waiter wasn't friendly AT ALL. He barely said anything to us! This is NOT the experience I'm used to when sailing Carnival Ships.

Cabin Steward was very good also. We enjoyed the comedy show and showtime live karaoke. Having sailed on the Victory before, I was disappointed this time. It seems as if Carnival has had budget cuts or something. Slow dinner service (short staffed?), No past guest welcome reception- just a free drink ticket to use in the restaurant during breakfast or lunch, and there weren't many activities to do during the day. I was especially disappointed in the day at sea, as there were huge gaps in the activity schedule with nothing planned for guests to do. This was the first time I've been BORED on a cruise!

Thanks for the info! We are also on the lido deck with balcony. What were your ports?

We had the 5 day to Nassau, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk. We enjoyed all of them. Grand Turk was pretty crowded though because the Liberty was there also.

We really enjoyed the Lido deck. First time of staying on it. Our room was 9271 close to the elevators and it did get noisy a couple of times late at night when people were coming back. Our kids had 9281 and 9283 they said it was really quiet.

Yes, it has the aft pool, which I thought was adults only, but there were kids in there AND the hot tubs :rolleyes:. We sailed the Victory for our honeymoon in July 2010 and again this past weekend.

The aft pool on the Victory is adults only.. With the exception of when the retractable roof is closed.. It makes the situation confusing I'm sure.. That and the ice cream and pizza being served in the same area..

But under normal conditions the aft pool is adults only.

Sent from my Galaxy 3S

Miss Murphy,

I saw all those reviews to, but the Victory was just permanently repositioned from San Juan up to Miami about a month or so ago.

Now it just makes the short cruises from Miami down to Cozumel ... I am thinking the crew is competely different now, along with maybe other things too ... so that's why people are asking if anyone has been on the Victory just lately and a review.

The aft pool on the Victory is adults only.. With the exception of when the retractable roof is closed.. It makes the situation confusing I'm sure.. That and the ice cream and pizza being served in the same area..

Sent from my Galaxy 3S

Just off the ship on Feb 4th and the aft pool had children in it also. I guess no one told the staff. I was disappointed that the serenity section was in the front of the ship since we had aft staterooms.

I thought the ship was clean. The comedians were great. The juggler was funny! We had a table for 4 overlooking the lower level and I thought that was great. Our waitstaff always had our drink of choice ready for our arrival. We hardly ate on the lido deck.

Sent from my Galaxy 3S

The adults area "Serenity" Is forward deck 12 ...Craig Diamond was the other comedian and I thought he was OK ...no delays for dinner for us but we had a table for two. Other entertainment was good including the guitar guy and piano player at the lobby bar. Overall what you would expect really didn't notice any so-called cutbacks..

I took a cruise on the Victory in December and there is a link to my very detailed review with photos in my signature below. That was with the old itinerary out of San Juan, so my port info won't help you, but I also put in a lot of info about the ship that you may find helpful. Have a great cruise!

The adults area "Serenity" Is forward deck 12 ...Craig Diamond was the other comedian and I thought he was OK ...no delays for dinner for us but we had a table for two. Other entertainment was good including the guitar guy and piano player at the lobby bar. Overall what you would expect really didn't notice any so-called cutbacks..

The serenity area and adult only pool are 2 different areas.. Pool is at aft.

Sent from my Galaxy 3S

Archived