Cancelled Triumph Cruise Refunds

texasmelrose2

We were booked for the 25th of March. We didn't get an email from Carnival, but our travel agent did let us know.

When we found out our trip was canceled we called Carnival. Carnival told us to send our non-refundable airfare receipts to our travel agent. So we did...then we were told by our travel agent to send the receipts to Carnival. Which we did. Then we were emailed by saying that we needed to send our receipts to a different email (I don't know why Carnival couldn't just forward the email). We send the additional email and got a response saying they would reply within 72 hours. That was 96 hours ago...and no response.

Looks like we are nixing any spring break plans, I don't want to book another $3k worth of airfare and reservations when I don't have a lot of confidence in Carnival.

We were booked for the 25th of March. We didn't get an email from Carnival, but our travel agent did let us know.

When we found out our trip was canceled we called Carnival. Carnival told us to send our non-refundable airfare receipts to our travel agent. So we did...then we were told by our travel agent to send the receipts to Carnival. Which we did. Then we were emailed by saying that we needed to send our receipts to a different email (I don't know why Carnival couldn't just forward the email). We send the additional email and got a response saying they would reply within 72 hours. That was 96 hours ago...and no response.

Looks like we are nixing any spring break plans, I don't want to book another $3k worth of airfare and reservations when I don't have a lot of confidence in Carnival.

Yikes, sounds like you are getting the run-around! I sure hope you get your refunds soon! We are out of pocket the deposit we had to leave for our back up trip so I will be glad when we finally get our refund...this is week 2....

I am actually happy that there was a delay. We were supposed to sail today :( and I was really sad...but coincidentally we were finally able to settle on a date to rebook...however, it was going to be higher - even with the 25% discount. My PVP was able to switch my booking AND give us a 4 category upgrade for the exact same amount!! Saved us $145 off of booking again with the discount and over $380 had we just booked with no discount.

I really think that if I had already received my refund he wouldn't have been able to do that!

What would have been a very sad day is now a very very happy day thanks to my PVP and Carnival! :D

Ashley :)

I received 3 emails from Carnival telling us our Triumph cruise was canceled.

Funny thing was I had already called Carnival the minute I saw on Cruise Critic ours was canceled.

I called, told them I wanted to change to Elation. They rebooked me and gave me a very nice refund amount.

My PVP said it would be 2 weeks for the refund. It took 3 days. I had a deposit with 3 days!

When I called I called my PVP directly and he answered very quick.

Whats a PVP?

Can one of you REAL TA's explain why they have to refund and then rebook, why wont Carnival or other lines just change the booking and not have to wait on the money-go-round?

Wouldn't it be easier, and safer form them to SAVE the business by just making the changes in one motion?

Please, just the real facts from TA's not the CC members that play a TA on CC.

When Sandy cancelled our cruise in October they were able to transfer part of the funds right to a new cruise, but the actual refund part was a HUGE pain. After a week I received a check for $450ish that they said were a refund of our gratuities. Then a few weeks later I received $23, $15, $10, and $45 that were from assorted bon voyage purchaces. Finally after almost 2 months we received a check for the remainder of our fare.... with the wrong name on it. After about a week we got that sorted and finally got it all back. Love Carnival, refunds were a pain in the you know what.

Thanks for your response however I will agree to disagree that I am being unrealistic. I guess my mistake is not having a PVP with Carnival because by the responses it seems that those who do are better taken care of and are not waiting 3 weeks for refunds.

We already have a cruise booked and paid for for October and do not plan to sail with Carnival again after that for a while so your suggestion wouldn't have worked for us. I paid with a debit card and my bank is very quick about their turn around for refunds so I don't expect delays on that end.

I figured I would get flamed more than this by now for even questioning Carnival's return policy! :D

It isn't as easy as just pressing a button. There are safeguards and procedures that must be followed. They cannot afford to make it real easy to take money out of their accounts.

Never, ever use a debit card for this.

Can one of you REAL TA's explain why they have to refund and then rebook, why wont Carnival or other lines just change the booking and not have to wait on the money-go-round?

Wouldn't it be easier, and safer form them to SAVE the business by just making the changes in one motion?

Please, just the real facts from TA's not the CC members that play a TA on CC.

I believe there was an option for you to rebook and your monies would have been transferred to the new booking. Therefore; eliminating the need to cancel wait for refund then rebook.

The reason why it takes so long is...

1. The system to do a "mass cancellation" for those sailings. Thousands and thousands of guests:(

2. Guest Admin agents then go in and manually refunds each and every sailing affected. That is why those that have PVPs seem to unfortunately get processed faster. Why? Because when the guest calls and ask for the refund they can initiate the transfer of funds from their PVP. Once initiated it takes 24-72 hrs to reflect in the guest's account. Before Guest Admin did the "mass cancellations" Customer Service agents were able to refund the reservation to assist the process. But once it was determined what the final pkg then those duties were transferred where only Guest Admin and PVPs have access. (Can't have too many ppl in the cookie jar;)) Also, other credits are sometimes issued based on a case by case and promotions. It would seem no two reservations are alike with all these promotions out there. Guest Administration ultimately has the last say on processes.

3. It can take up to 14 business days ie.3 weeks for this to complete.

Hope his helps.

Archived