Do you think Celebrity should offer non-smoking staterooms

flagger

Should Celebrity offer non-smoking staterooms?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Should Celebrity offer non-smoking staterooms?

• Yes
    • No

I think cruise ships should have non-smoking passenger decks like they do in hotels. The whole floor is non-smoking. Although we have never had an issue w/our cabin smelling like smoke, there is often a lot of heavy smokers in the public areas. But even the non-smoking ship that Carnival tried is now defunct. So I guess you can't please everyone no matter how hard you try.

I think Shofer's idea is a good one. That way, almost everyone will have access to desirable cabin locations and there will be no problem of smoke drifting from one balcony to the other (I have never smelled smoke from below or above--just from upwind). If a non-smoker ends up in a smoking floor or area (either by choice for a desirable room, because that was the only room left or because they booked a guarantee) then they cannot complain. And vice versa.

All of this having been said, I have been lucky. We have never had a discourteous smoking neighbor. Most smokers are pretty courteous in my experience. But it seems that the idea of certain decks with non-smoking or smoking cabins is a good one, both for those who are prone to complain and for those people who have a real physical problem with smoke.

Linda

It does seem reasonable to maintain a few rooms on a certain deck as permanant non smoking. But a whole deck? Please. The stewards do an amazing job removing odors. I, like so many of you, have never smelled smoke in my cabin before. It seems that the people that really want designated nonsmoking decks are the smoke-a-phobic. I understand that once in a while, one might get a room with an odor. That's bad luck - I wouldn't like it either. However, the easiest solution is to get another room before you unpack. I've done that before with hotel rooms. Once, at Disney World, my nonsmoking room had a smoke scent, so I simple got another room, and it was fine. No big deal. An small inconvenience, sure, but not so bad when compared to furter prohibition.

So, why not reserve 25 or so rooms that are permanantly nonsmoking and furnished only in non-allergenic, manmade materials, that offer room service meals without any dairy or nut products?

Okay I'm a smoker (DH is not) but I did vote yes on this poll. I don't even smoke in my own home as I do not like the stale smell of smoke on my furniture and walls. I have not had a cabin that smelled of smoke. They always smell fresh when we enter. The main place I smoke on this ship is our balcony. Sorry, if that is offensive to others but I have never had a cruise neighbor complain. Seldom do I go to a lounge and smoke so I try to limit where and when I will have a cigarette.

I do think it would be appropriate to designate some of the cabins non smoking. We too have seen cigar smokers on their balconies flipping their cigar butts in the water. OH yes and we have been on at least two cruises where the smell of pot was quite strong in the hallways. That is even more offensive to me.

Archived