Majesty still in port?

me and my Adypoos want to do Adriatic Explorer in August and thats on the Majesty,,I'm wondering of I will like it now. I trust your reviews and opinions,,I don't like the sound of it not being very stable on the water though!

me and my Adypoos want to do Adriatic Explorer in August and thats on the Majesty,,I'm wondering of I will like it now. I trust your reviews and opinions,,I don't like the sound of it not being very stable on the water though!

Thanks for the reviews, Infoqueen and Scarey Mary. Your view of the bars on the ships are the same as mine. Coupled with the overcrowded pool deck, it is enough to put me off the Majesty.

Cappers, Dreamgirl and anyone else going or thinking of going on the Majesty for the first time, don't worry. The crew are fantastic, so was the food and we really enjoyed the entertainment. The itinerary was spectacular and the weather beautiful (so shouldn't be any major issues with stability). It is not my favourite Thomson ship but we still had a fantastic holiday :).

Kruzseeka, I agree with your sentiments completely :cool:

Thanks for the reviews, Infoqueen and Scarey Mary. Your view of the bars on the ships are the same as mine. Coupled with the overcrowded pool deck, it is enough to put me off the Majesty.

Cappers, Dreamgirl and anyone else going or thinking of going on the Majesty for the first time, don't worry. The crew are fantastic, so was the food and we really enjoyed the entertainment. The itinerary was spectacular and the weather beautiful (so shouldn't be any major issues with stability). It is not my favourite Thomson ship but we still had a fantastic holiday :).

I was about to reply to Cappers when I saw your post I agree with everything you say not our favourite ship but still enjoyed the cruise.

I didn't have any issues with the stability at all and we were in the VERY VERY windy Canaries. I was fine.

Mary

You will. I'm booked to go back in September with a week in the Thomas Bay and I hope you like it there or I'm in trouble! No stress! :eek::D

Haha Jackie in sure we will, we are what you'd call easily pleased lol . Nice to have you back pleased you had a good time and wel try the polo club too !! ;););)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk

Thanks little Nell! !

Haha Jackie in sure we will, we are what you'd call easily pleased lol . Nice to have you back pleased you had a good time and wel try the polo club too !! ;););)

Do what we did. Instead of sunbathing in the cold wind 2 afternoons, we did a bar crawl to decide which was our favourite. Best thing is to do it and decide for yourself because we are all different and like different things. The service also makes a difference and we were very disappointed when we found that our favourite waitress in the Polo Lounge, Madonna, was no longer on the ship. :(

We are doing the Adriatic Explorer 9th September on the Majesty. I was very nervous before I did my first cruise as I have suffered badly from motion sickness (cannot even go on fairground rides that go round and round). But after sailing on some slightly rough seas last week, force 3/4 was mentioned, (thank goodness we did not go to Madeira in a force 9 gale) I am no longer worried as I did not feel the least bit nauseous. I took Traveleeze just in case and I drank alcohol.

You should be fine in the Adriatic in August. The sea should be like a millpond compared to the Atlantic. :D

Sorry Linda I've only just seen this.

We just didn't like the layout most of the bars were in corridors. Def didn't like the buffet on deck 10 and thought food in here was poor compared to the other Thomson ships. It was also always cold. They really need to get the Jubillee lounge sorted out, people were standing around and talking trying to get seats while the show was still on. Didn't like how you could just go in anytime, the other ships the lounge has always cleared in between shows and not let anyone else in when the show has started. It didn't help either that we couldn't trust them with the gluten free for hubby. He was quite ill for three days. He daren't risk anything from the buffet only the fresh chips and on an evening they gave him the wrong meal twice that we know to. The choice of desserts for him was pathetic - cheese (on it's own) or ice cream.

Moaning over.

On the positive side the entertainment was brilliant, saw lots of old friends on staff from the Spirit and the food in the Four Seasons on an evening was lovely really enjoyed that even though I am sure one of the waiters was determined to knock me off my chair every night. Also enjoyed Le Bistro.

We did enjoy it but would not go on her again, even more so because of hubby. He has never lost weight on a cruise before!!!!!. I have wrote to Thomson asking them to make sure the staff are better trained in special diet needs.

Hi Mary,

I agree with you about the Show Lounge. I met up with Dave on our last day and we both said they should shut the doors, as on the Celebration and Spirit and not let people in after the show starts. Even if, by some miracle, you manage to get an unobstructed view, someone comes and stands in front of you chattering and looking for seats :(

Regarding the bars, I suppose the nature of a ship is long and thin, so bars are quite often in a corridor ;) We liked the Royal Observatory, in fact we always like observation bars, something sadly missing on the Dream :(

We too thought the entertainment was very good, given the limitations of space compared to the Dream - now that is what you call a theatre :)

We actually liked the buffet, but only used it once for breakfast as it was very noisy, so we used the restaurants for the rest of the week. We used it most nights and never had problems getting a seat. We could never get into the dining rooms as two people constitutes a long queue to my DH!!

I can't say I noticed the food in the buffet being cold and I thought the variety of food was very good, considering how fussy I am :D but of course you have special problems with your DH. My friend's husband who is a coeliac had the same problem on Ocean Village and it has put him off cruising. I told him how you had recommended Thomson for being very knowledgeable on diets! Oh well - perhaps your letter to Thomson will put it right!!!

Just had an email from Jan (Ekco) She is still not feeling well with her cough and her husband has it too. She was saying that she went to eat early and it was really crowded in the dining rooms. Everyone must have been reading how busy it was at 8 o'clock and went early!

I suppose if we all like the same ships they would get very crowded! I didn't like Ocean Village 2, but quite a few people on here loved it. We would definitely go on the Majesty again :)

Hi sorry if I worried anyone can I just say that the Atlantic can be very rough in February anyway the Adriatic itinery is fabulous and still

My favourite cruise to date (done it on spirit) in different circumstances like kruzseeka if the itinery was what I wanted to do the ship would be of secondary importance and the ocean will be calm in the summer months.

Hi sorry if I worried anyone can I just say that the Atlantic can be very rough in February anyway the Adriatic itinery is fabulous and still

My favourite cruise to date (done it on spirit) in different circumstances like kruzseeka if the itinery was what I wanted to do the ship would be of secondary importance and the ocean will be calm in the summer months.

My thoughts too. We have just done 2 cruises, Aegean and Canaries and have another one booked again on Majesty to the Adriatic. We have chosen these for the itineraries foremost and Thomson because they do a cruise and stay from our local airport and we do not have to spend days at sea crossing the Bay of Biscay. :eek:

Jakanne1 ,Good morning ,glad you enjoyed your cruise did you manage to have a look at cabin 834 no worries if not it was after all a bit of a different cruise than usual .We go in 12weeks and will find out then anyway .:)

Archived