Majesty still in port?

Anyway back on subject the Atlantic can get very angry at this time of year done it twice and had rough seas twice so may give it a miss next year hope last night was a calm crossing for them all and despite this they are having a great time

Anyway back on subject the Atlantic can get very angry at this time of year done it twice and had rough seas twice so may give it a miss next year hope last night was a calm crossing for them all and despite this they are having a great time
I am wondering if I was hasty in booking Canaries on the Braemar for next year. She is only 24,000 tons :eek: Tempted to cancel and book the Dream in the Caribbean again, but not sure I can face that 9 hour flight again :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the two reviews :)

Know what you mean about the long flights loved it in mexico but hated the flights especially the one back to the uk would love to do a carribean cruise though. I enjoyed last years colourful coasts met some amazing people and had such a laugh but found it a bit on the cool side just take a couple of cardigans with you

Oooh, lucky you :):) 20c in Fuerteventura today and 25 forecast for La Gomera tomorrow :):)

Are you packed yet?

I'm going for the break to be honest, not overly bothered about the weather. Mrs Rookery is in charge of packing and logistics, I'm in charge of transport and finance. Looking forward to seeing how Majesty measures up to the other ships.

We really liked it. But it does seem to be a bit like Marmite :rolleyes:

The only things I would have changed was

1) Clearer windows (the seal had gone on ours)

2) Two sittings for dinner so you could get in to see the shows :rolleyes:

3)New hairdryers :rolleyes:

Still, they are all things that could be changed :)

We would gladly go on her again.

Oh dear Linda ,Do you think the captain let Jakanne have a go at steering the ship ;) Look at them loops:eek:

Last time I saw loops like that Delboy was on his JetSki :D

Cheeky monkeys! Slept like a baby all night although some people were sea sick. In La Gomera now. Weather good. Still not found Scarey Mary or Ekco! :(:(

Hope you had a good day in La Gomera today,we enjoyed walking around the town and its park and a drink in the cafe

that overlooks the ships berth.:cool::) very nice place for chill out :D

Hope you had a good day in La Gomera today,we enjoyed walking around the town and its park and a drink in the cafe

that overlooks the ships berth.:cool::) very nice place for chill out :D

We did the trip up into to clouds:eek: Hope to see more of the town next time :)

I'm back. I know more than I ever want to know about Las Palmas and Santa Cruz.:D The £25pp onboard credit went down like a lead balloon with the passengers.

On the Monday afternoon there was a squall in Las Palmas which obviously arrived late and we were committed to sailing that night when there was still a bit of a swell. The tour guide in Tenerife said that it hit the south of the island but wasn't too bad in the north. Other than that the seas were pretty calm when we were sailing.

On the whole the weather was ok and we got out and about everywhere we went, apart from the Monday afternoon in Las Palmas.

To the disgusting woman who sneezed and coughed every 2 minutes for 4 hours on the coach trip to Mount Teide and didn't use a tissue, thank you very much for giving it me and spoiling the rest of my holiday.:eek::eek: Some people on that ship should be a bit more particular about their personal hygiene.

Jan

To the disgusting woman who sneezed and coughed every 2 minutes for 4 hours on the coach trip to Mount Teide and didn't use a tissue, thank you very much for giving it me and spoiling the rest of my holiday.:eek: Some people on that ship should be a bit more particular about their personal hygiene.

Jan

Good to have you back :) Sorry the weather had you stuck in dock for a few days ,sounds like you made the best of it though

and I hope your holiday was not spoilt by it too much by it :).

I hope you get over the cold you picked up from the dirty woman who no doubt was happy to spread it all over the ship as well .

Her sort have just grounded another ship :eek: http://news.sky.com/story/1062270/norovirus-outbreak-strikes-us-cruise-ship

Also a quick message for Jakanne ,,, Hope your home ok as well but whatever you do, DON'T go out for a curry :eek:

http://news.sky.com/story/1061996/salmonella-confirmed-at-newcastle-food-festival

And if you must keep away from Newcastle ;)

I'm back too. Arrived home 1.30am so bit weary and plumber has just arrived to deal with leak in toilet cistern. Been like that all week :eek:

Met up with Scarey Mary on our last night. She's lovely, not at all scarey. We seemed to have a lot in common.

Got lots to write about but will leave it till later when brain is back in action.

Welcome back all of you :)

Thank you and thank you Jackie that was lovely. It was a good night wasn't it just a pity we didn't meet up earlier.

Well it was a very different cruise we cruised to nowhere the first few days but am I glad we didn't go anywhere. I was just absolutely sick of people moaning and complaining about us not going anywhere and saying stupid things like they had to have an ulterior motive for keeping us there, (moored safely in Gran Canaria for 3 days). Lots of people were going to write to Thomson complaining, some complained about the level of compensation they received. It was really disgusting. I for one would have gladly paid Thomson the £25 to make sure we stayed out of the storm, they didn't have to pay us anything, they have no control over the weather.

I met the Captain and I thanked him personally for making the decision he did, he is a lovely man and got hold of both my hands thanked me and said your safety is of the most importance the weather is horrendous and not worth the risk.

The Silverseas was moored near us they attempted to get out the first night but soon came back into port.

It will def be one cruise we will not forget.

Thanks for all the welcome backs. :). It was also lovely to read your remarks and concerns wondering what was happening to Majesty. I read them in the Crew Only free wi fi shed with the crews from Aida Sol and Majesty at Las Palmas. Aida Sol was also there to avoid the rough seas.

Hi Mary! Are you as tired as me? Too much lovely food, drinks, walking about exploring and late nights. Wish I was still there as I look out of the window at the wind and sleet.

Mary is right, so many people complaining about not going to Madeira, but I explained to them that I had been on the web cam for Funchal (thanks Linda) and had seen how wet it was and that I could not see any cruise ships in the harbour. I think the problem was that so many people were unaware of the severity of the storm and preferred to believe there was an alternative reason for not going.

The £25 obc was very welcome for our disappointment and they did not have to give us it but a number of people (including DH) said that they must have saved a lot on fuel and this led to some thinking Thomsons were trying to save money because of the compensation they were having to pay to those whose cruise was cancelled after the tragedy. The Bistro was fully booked every night and the people on the table next to us said they were using the £25 obc and would not have gone because they were happy with the MDR food. More about that later.

Got to go shopping now! :(

Welcome back.

Just to let you know what a safe and intelligent decision your Captain made. We have heard all sorts of horror stories from those at sea last week.

Not to mention the Fred. Olsen inter-island ferry that departed from Los Cristianos(south Tenerife) en route to La Palma Sunday p.m only to find that the harbour was closed at S:C de La Palma for safety, then tried to return to Los. C which had also been forced to close by then. Eventually to end up in Santa Cruz after 11 hours of terror. Good for you Thomsons and the Majesty´s Captain !!

mari, Lanzarote

Archived