Difference between Premium and Specialty Coffee

islandjacquelin

• 2 weeks later...
Premium coffee is in reference to our Cova and Lavazza cappuccinos, lattes, mochaccinos, etc. that would normally be for charge to the guests.

Specialty coffees refer to our exotic coffee cocktails such as Sailor's Coffee (Millennium Class) with Amaretto, Malibu Rum, Kahlúa liqueur and whipped cream, or the Espresso Melba (Solstice Class) with peaches, hot chocolate, whipped cream and crushed biscotti.

Selections vary by class of ship.

Does this also include Iced versions of the premium coffees. IE- Iced Americano or Iced Latte? Thank you in advance.

Just in case people are not aware of it, Celebrity have been reducing the price of the drinks packages recently. I got premium NA a few days ago for a tad over £11 a day which is a good reduction on the normal prices.

If they aren't showing the lower prices on the 'manage your booking' part of the website it would be worth ringing Celebrity and asking them to offer you the lower prices. For anyone who does drink alcohol, the premium alcohol package was a steal I remember but sorry I can't remember the exact price. I just wished I drank cocktails!

Thanks Wallie5446! I could not find the mention of Seltzer water anywhere but assume that would be covered in the Premium NA drink package.

Some people consider seltzer different from other carbonated water, some people use the term interchangeably. I don't understand the difference personally (although I recall reading it has something to do with mineral content) but: They have club soda in cans and sparkling water in bottles (Perrier and San Pellegrino). Both would be included in the premium package. They might also offer carbonated water from the fountain guns at any bar on request. I do not recall them serving a bottled or canned beverage labeled as seltzer.

Edited by Lsimon

Some people consider seltzer different from other carbonated water, some people use the term interchangeably. I don't understand the difference personally (although I recall reading it has something to do with mineral content) but: They have club soda in cans and sparkling water in bottles (Perrier and San Pellegrino). Both would be included in the premium package. They might also offer carbonated water from the fountain guns at any bar on request. I do not recall them serving a bottled or canned beverage labeled as seltzer.

In our experience - Club Soda is included in all packages which include sodas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Premium coffee is in reference to our Cova and Lavazza cappuccinos, lattes, mochaccinos, etc. that would normally be for charge to the guests.

Specialty coffees refer to our exotic coffee cocktails such as Sailor's Coffee (Millennium Class) with Amaretto, Malibu Rum, Kahlúa liqueur and whipped cream, or the Espresso Melba (Solstice Class) with peaches, hot chocolate, whipped cream and crushed biscotti.

Selections vary by class of ship.

This is an old thread, but hoping for a response. This sounds like the coffee cocktails with alcohol are included in the non-alcoholic premium package? If so, that would be wonderful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure why the link above didn't work - must of gotten corrupted when I posted it. Here is the link again - this should work:

http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Cafe-al-Bacio-Menu-Silhouette-Dec-2012.pdf

Still not working, but I believe the problem lies with Comcast, not your link. I tried your link from a March 2013 post with the same result.

• 2 weeks later...
Still not working, but I believe the problem lies with Comcast, not your link. I tried your link from a March 2013 post with the same result.

Sorry everyone. The hosting site at Comcast where I had my cruise documents was eliminated by comcast a couple years ago when they stopped including hosting service for home customers all together.

I do have photos of the old coffee menu from 2012 added to my photo site at: Cafe-al-Bacio-Menu-Silhouette-Dec-2012_P

But I have to say that after nearly 5 years the photos and my comments on the beverage packages may not be current any longer. Unfortunately I've not been able to cruise for several years and my information might no longer be current in many cases - which is why I've dropped my level of activity on this forum.

My best advice is to not sweat the small stuff ahead of time. There will be time for figuring out stuff like this on board and I'd found that rules about things like this change from time to time and that due to differences in interpretation they were different from ship to ship in any event.

Happy Sailing