GAPearl's Second Valor Review- Solo Southern Caribbean Cruise! (2/24/13)

gapearl

You're welcome! Again, enjoy your cruise! :)

Waving to you across town! :cool: You'll see you can have a great time on a solo cruise. You do what you want, when you want. There are always plenty of activities going on and lots to see and do. If you have assigned dining (not any time dining), you will likely be seated with other solo cruisers. The ports are great, so I hope you have some good excursions planned. I hope you have a great cruise and be sure to bring a review back! :D

I'm looking forward to some of the excursions I have planned so far. I am sailing with Capt. Mike of Fury Tours in St. Thomas, Cool Runnings in Barbados and Thenford Grey in St. Kitts. I am still trying to decide on what to do in St. Lucia and St. Marteen but hopefully it'll hit me soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Actually stayed at that Caribe Hilton about two years ago when I was out there with a now ex girlfriend. wish I would have known about the burger spot then. In any event your review was both thurough and entertaining. I am not even going on that particular cruise but you still got me real amped up for my first cruise in a couple of days (May 26, Celebrity Summit to Bermuda - rolling solo). your reviews are definitely some of the best I have seen on this site.

Hey Kim;

Love your review!!!:D

Maybe you could contact the Travel Channel for a job, I used to watch Sam Brown do her cruise shows and I know that you would be awesome in that job!

Thanks again for the great review... You made me even more stoked for my Valor cruise... C.G.:)

I'm looking forward to some of the excursions I have planned so far. I am sailing with Capt. Mike of Fury Tours in St. Thomas, Cool Runnings in Barbados and Thenford Grey in St. Kitts. I am still trying to decide on what to do in St. Lucia and St. Marteen but hopefully it'll hit me soon.

Those all sound great. You'll have a great cruise. Enjoy! :)

Actually stayed at that Caribe Hilton about two years ago when I was out there with a now ex girlfriend. wish I would have known about the burger spot then. In any event your review was both thurough and entertaining. I am not even going on that particular cruise but you still got me real amped up for my first cruise in a couple of days (May 26, Celebrity Summit to Bermuda - rolling solo). your reviews are definitely some of the best I have seen on this site.

Looks like you need to plan another trip to San Juan now! LOL Have a great time on your first cruise. I've never sailed Celebrity but I'm positive you will have a great time. Thanks for the nice words and enjoy Bermuda! :D

Hey Kim;

Love your review!!!:D

Maybe you could contact the Travel Channel for a job, I used to watch Sam Brown do her cruise shows and I know that you would be awesome in that job!

Thanks again for the great review... You made me even more stoked for my Valor cruise... C.G.:)

Hmmmm, that's a thought. I enjoyed her shows. I remember when she was on the Inspiration a few years back, and I loved her show $50 A Day. Maybe one day it could happen, you never know.

Looks like you still have a long way until your Valor cruise. Hopefully the time will pass quickly for you.

OAN, I'm thinking of heading out to your area this summer. I'm dying to see "O" at the Bellagio. If you think I'd have a good travel show with me on cruises, don't let the cameras follow me to Vegas! :p

Twirl! Twirl! Twirl! LOL

Enjoying your review! It's awesome. Thamks for sharing your wonderful pics and memories with us!!

Dizzy from all the twirling! LOL Thanks for reading! :)

Thank you for your review. It helped do much and got to try gasolina mojito because of you. Delicious!!! Cheap and strong. Ha! Thanks!

I must admit when we sailed by the pitons I thought of your hike and gave ya even more credit then previously

Thank you for your review. It helped do much and got to try gasolina mojito because of you. Delicious!!! Cheap and strong. Ha! Thanks!

I must admit when we sailed by the pitons I thought of your hike and gave ya even more credit then previously

You're welcome! I wonder how much have the gasolina sales increased since mentioning them in my review? LOL :D

When you saw the Pitons up close, I know you must have thought that girl was crazy! Pictures really do them no justice as to how big they are.

I just read your review. Looking forward to more of yours! :)

Thank you for sharing all the great tips, hoping to sail out of Puerto Rico next year.

Did you sail out of the Pan Am Pier?

No, not the Pan Am Pier. That's where the Royal Caribbean ship docks. I think the Valor is at pier 3? If I'm wrong, hopefully someone will correct me. Thanks for reading! This is an awesome itinerary. Hopefully you'll get to book it soon. :)

No, not the Pan Am Pier. That's where the Royal Caribbean ship docks. I think the Valor is at pier 3? If I'm wrong, hopefully someone will correct me. Thanks for reading! This is an awesome itinerary. Hopefully you'll get to book it soon. :)

Ms. Queen of the Valor... I have a question... for the late dining... do you recommend a certain area of the dining room to sit?

Ms. Queen of the Valor... I have a question... for the late dining... do you recommend a certain area of the dining room to sit?

You know I don't think there's really a bad area. I was at a big table on the upper level kind of in the back, and by a window. On day 1, you might want to stop by the MDR and check out your table with the maitre'd. If you don't like it, they should be able to change it with no problem. Late dining always has plenty of empty tables.

You know I don't think there's really a bad area. I was at a big table on the upper level kind of in the back, and by a window. On day 1, you might want to stop by the MDR and check out your table with the maitre'd. If you don't like it, they should be able to change it with no problem. Late dining always has plenty of empty tables.

Awesome... thanks again for answering all my questions!

Awesome... thanks again for answering all my questions!

Of course! So how's the honeymoon planning going? Is everything done yet? When is the wedding?

Wow, really great review!

Thank you! Thanks for reading! :)

Of course! So how's the honeymoon planning going? Is everything done yet? When is the wedding?

Everything is all good... All excursions booked... tips paid... just waiting to get on the ship!

Wedding is July 6th... the day before we leave on the cruise..:D

Everything is all good... All excursions booked... tips paid... just waiting to get on the ship!

Awesome! :D I hope you do a review when you get back, and post a pic or 2 of you and your bride!

Awesome! :D I hope you do a review when you get back, and post a pic or 2 of you and your bride!

We shall see... I wouldn't even know how to put pictures up lol... and after your review... I'd be embarrassed to even type a title to my review lol

We shall see... I wouldn't even know how to put pictures up lol... and after your review... I'd be embarrassed to even type a title to my review lol

LOL Don't worry I'm sure you'd do fine and it would be a good one. :)

LOL Don't worry I'm sure you'd do fine and it would be a good one. :)

And of course... another question... right now we have a starboard balcony... but I see there are some available port side... which provides a better view in your opinion?

HI-

Just finished reading through this review. AWESOME!!! Thanks for taking the time to write it. I was on the Valor last October out of Miami and LOVED it. Going on her again this September and I am too excited about these ports.

Thanks again and I can't wait to get a Gasolina!!

I just came through to read this review again as I'm doing some shore excursion planning for my cruise.

Once again, great review! I'm still contemplating moving my hotel stay to Da House strictly for the club, but when I saw how far my current hotel is, it's only about a 5 minute walk, so it will guarantee I get some sleep at night.

Also, when I went on my Enchantment cruise last month, while I was in Orlando, I stopped in Ross and went maxi dress crazy! LOL I probably have two for every day and most likely will bring them all. Were you close to the Marshall in SJ? I'd like to stop there as well, see if I find anything special.

I've decided to do a solo review when I return as well. I'm looking forward to it and hoping my outfits are as great as yours!

How sweet! I hope you do a review when you return. My youngest DD's birthday is July 6. :)

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Forums mobile app

How sweet! I hope you do a review when you return. My youngest DD's birthday is July 6. :)

I will definitely try.... my little one turns 6 on July 5th... so within 3 days we celebrate birthday, wedding and honeymoon....

And of course... another question... right now we have a starboard balcony... but I see there are some available port side... which provides a better view in your opinion?

I wish I could help you here but I can't! I've never even had a balcony.

HI-

Just finished reading through this review. AWESOME!!! Thanks for taking the time to write it. I was on the Valor last October out of Miami and LOVED it. Going on her again this September and I am too excited about these ports.

Thanks again and I can't wait to get a Gasolina!!

You sound like me! 1st Valor trip from Miami, now going from San Juan. Have an awesome time and enjoy those gasolinas! :D

I just came through to read this review again as I'm doing some shore excursion planning for my cruise.

Once again, great review! I'm still contemplating moving my hotel stay to Da House strictly for the club, but when I saw how far my current hotel is, it's only about a 5 minute walk, so it will guarantee I get some sleep at night.

Also, when I went on my Enchantment cruise last month, while I was in Orlando, I stopped in Ross and went maxi dress crazy! LOL I probably have two for every day and most likely will bring them all. Were you close to the Marshall in SJ? I'd like to stop there as well, see if I find anything special.

I've decided to do a solo review when I return as well. I'm looking forward to it and hoping my outfits are as great as yours!

Thanks for coming by to read again! Hope you enjoy The Nuyorican Cafe as much as I did. I practically live in maxi dresses in the summer. I love digging through the racks at Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Target for cute, cheap dresses. I passed by the Marshalls in San Juan, but never stopped in.

Drop me a line here and let me know when you start on you review. I'd love to read it! :)

Yes, please help me to encourage him to do a review! Even if just a short one. And happy birthday to your little lady! :)

I will definitely try.... my little one turns 6 on July 5th... so within 3 days we celebrate birthday, wedding and honeymoon....

Wow that's a lot going on! You'll have no excuse for forgetting your anniversary. :p My birthday is 2 weeks from tomorrow. I'm like gheez, I JUST turned 30, and now I'm 33 already! :eek: