a little bit grumbly re exotic past guest offer

dawnrae

Okay. So I do my mock booking and find that I can pay an additional $40 more on my fare and receive $200 OBC. Looks like a win to me. Called Carnival and they were able to pull up the same fare that I saw on the Carnival web site but said there must be some kind of glitch in the system because they were not able to actually book that fare. It was showing as not available when it got to the final booking. This bogus fare is still showing for my Alaska 7/2/2013 departure on Miracle. They were contacting the techs to get it fixed. Should I be a little bit grumbly that I could not get this fare that is still showing on their website? A supervisor was involved in this decision. Just asking.

Dawn

Okay. So I do my mock booking and find that I can pay an additional $40 more on my fare and receive $200 OBC. Looks like a win to me. Called Carnival and they were able to pull up the same fare that I saw on the Carnival web site but said there must be some kind of glitch in the system because they were not able to actually book that fare. It was showing as not available when it got to the final booking. This bogus fare is still showing for my Alaska 7/2/2013 departure on Miracle. They were contacting the techs to get it fixed. Should I be a little bit grumbly that I could not get this fare that is still showing on their website? A supervisor was involved in this decision. Just asking.

Dawn

If it helps at all, this has happened in the past. Sometimes the "glitch" is obvious, i.e.; a fare for $500 less than what would appear "normal".

Hi,

Hope you read this asap. I just went through the same exact thing for the same sailing.

I had a great gal on the line who also got a supervisor but they kept digging and finally got the rate for me. This was about 25 minutes ago (10:30 pm et)

They said they finally found the correct rate code: OSM

Maybe try again and give them this code.

It was worth the wait for me. :)

Mel

Thanks so much for the info. They were able to get it thru with this fare code and then doing an override to their system. (after a lengthly phone call with them telling me again that it is not there) It should have been easier since this fare is still showing on their public website. Thanks to you I was able to get this rate and on board credit. Have you posted on the roll call yet?

Dawn

Thanks so much for the info. They were able to get it thru with this fare code and then doing an override to their system. (after a lengthly phone call with them telling me again that it is not there) It should have been easier since this fare is still showing on their public website. Thanks to you I was able to get this rate and on board credit. Have you posted on the roll call yet?

Dawn

I'm really happy I could help you out. They do seem to have problems keeping up with all the price changes but my experience so far has been

very positive. They always seem to be willing to help me get the price change.

I don't usually do roll calls, but I'll think about it.

:)

Mel

My son tried to get this rate change also for the same cruise. He could not get it by phone with Carnival so he cancelled and booked online. Success. He did have to change his cabin location. Thanks again for your help.

Dawn

My son tried to get this rate change also for the same cruise. He could not get it by phone with Carnival so he cancelled and booked online. Success. He did have to change his cabin location. Thanks again for your help.

Dawn

U R Welcome!

I'm so excited about Alaska - looks like a great cruise. Have you been there before. I never have. I hope someday we can go back for an extended vacation (land and sea).

Took this cruise in 2001 on Carnival Spirit so this is my second time to Alaska. It should be a great time. A land tour would be great to do but not sure when I could make that happen. So much to see.

Dawn

Archived