Epic Review 2/16/13 Pics and Dailies

Cruzface

We met Mr. G the bartender in Posh. After the first day he referred to me by my first name. Impressive. He got nice extra tips all week.

The band was getting ready for the sail away party:

P2160988_zps2859407b.jpg

We did get into our rooms very early, around 1:00, and our luggage arrived before 5. Never have we been in that early with all our luggage. I will address the room later.

We decided to watch sail away from the sun deck on 15, South Beach side:

P2160997_zps9b59b592.jpg

Saw these guys at sail away, and that was about it. You really had to seek them out. So don't be concerned that the characters are in your face. I love it!

P2161002_zpsf52885bb.jpg

Watched the Celebrity Reflection leave beofre us. Nice ship. We will sail on her in about 20 years...

P2161004_zpse5d84245.jpg

Now our turn:

P2161032_zps053a9745.jpg

P2161036_zps6ac07305.jpg

Cabins:

As I stated earlier, for the first time my wife and I were in a large balcony Starboard side and the boys were across the hall in an inside. Since they could not register in a room by themselves we had to get the dup cards. This left my 15 yr old with access to our room:eek: I told him he better knock before entering or he may be scarred for life.

Here are the only pics of the inside taken from my son's IPhone:

GetAttachment3_zpsf486892c.jpg

GetAttachment17_zpsc9976da6.jpg

Why he chose to take them at that angle, I have no idea.

They loved their room and had plenty of storage. They said the beds were the most comfortable of any cruise.

I felt bad for our steward, Francis, who was awesome, because they were pigs. We tried to get into their rooms to tidy up before Francis had to deal with it, but sometimes he beat us to it. My wife apologized over and over. He just smiled and said, "It's OK, I just kick it over..." LOL.

Our cabin was great. I know about the design complaints, but for us it was no big deal. I could see it being an issue if you are staying with someone not your spouse. But even then, go out on the balcony or take a walk when the other person is doing their business.

This being our first balcony, we had nothing to compare it too. But we loved it nonetheless. Loved the storage, that the balcony door was slider, that it had a real hair dryer (wife), that it had a nice flat screen TV and most important an in room coffee maker!

GetAttachment57_zps6d6a56aa.jpg

P2211492_zps5ee00fee.jpg

P2211491_zps07f2c503.jpg

P2211490_zps65966218.jpg

Still more....

P2211482_zps565a0bd0.jpg

We realized how big our balcony was and asked Francis if he could get us 2 loungers. They were there within hours. Francis got a nice tip.

P2201444_zpsda162d78.jpg

P2191332_zpsd5ad911d.jpg

There was enough room for the loungers, the 2 chairs and the table. We enjoyed our coffe and breakfast on that balcony most mornings. The location of 11099 was ideal for this. 4 decks below the buffet and right near the forward elevators. While we didn't have a view of the front of the ship being on the bump angled to the back, we also were shielded from the wind.

Now a few minor complaints. The lighting was not great for a lady to do her makeup. :rolleyes: Also, the privacy lock, due to the aforementioned 15 year old with key card access, did NOT work. If he could get in with his card, and bypass the privacy lock, not sure of the point of a PRIVACY lock.

Smokers in the exposed deck 8 balconies. We liked to sleep with the door open to hear the water. Sooo relaxing. But early a.m., the smokers would be out there and it would come right into our room. We are not overly sensitive, but others might be. This is not NCL's fault, just an observation.

The positives greatly outweighed the negatives. In fact, we are booking Epic in Jan. 2014 and want the same room.

dd08090d-6abf-4955-abc2-be03b291df4a_zps96615afa.jpg

Posh wrist bands and drinks on the balcony:

GetAttachment15_zps8bc1b437.jpg

GetAttachment14_zps9662ebaf.jpg

loving it! LOVE your sunset pics over Miami. Wow! I'm afraid of the Friday review ;)

and I know why he took the pictures angled. Because he's a teenager. And if he was a girl, there would be pouty lips involved :)

Loving the review :) and the pics! awesome pics.

Sorry, more balcony views:

P2191268_zpsaee69cd2.jpg

And yachts:

P2191328_zpscd8fed2d.jpg

Can you tell we loved the balcony? As I feared, my wife has stated she will never again cruise in and inside cabin:eek:

Another problem. Sometimes we would come back to our room from a day of lounging at Posh and find this:

P2181103_zpsf01b5ccd.jpg

They really need to address those privacy locks!!!

Next up: The outside areas of the ship.

Edited by Cruzface

I realize this is a little late, but hopefully it will not disappoint. When we returned from Epic we realized that our family dog of 14 1/2 years was very ill and unfortunately we had to put him down. One of the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

GetAttachment1_zpsd426298f.jpg

So very sorry to hear about your loss!! Dogs are like family abnd very hard to see them go.

I am loving your review and photos! Congratulations on your first balcony. Someday, I hope to enjoy one too, but I fear that I will be "spoiled" forever after that, and never want an inside again.

Reggae band. They were really good and until I heard them, I didn't realize how much I missed them on Carnival. If you get a spot in Posh close to the opening to the deck below, you can hear the band.

P2171072_zps533c9d6a.jpg

Spice H2O:

P2221637_zps6f7ba9ef.jpg

P2221636_zps71f181b4.jpg

The boys loved the cruise. They were a little skeptically first because this was the first time they were cruising without their friends (same age boys). They made new friends who they have already visited post cruise!

As for favorite activities, I would say the basketball court and the slides were the top spots for them. They did go to the teen club, but they said it was very cliquey very fast.

Thank you! Your pictures and review are awesome!

loving it! LOVE your sunset pics over Miami. Wow! I'm afraid of the Friday review ;)

and I know why he took the pictures angled. Because he's a teenager. And if he was a girl, there would be pouty lips involved :)

Loving the review :) and the pics! awesome pics.

LOL. What happens on Epic stays on Epic.