Revitalized ships to southern Caribbean?

Not sure which ones have been updated as of now but has anyone done a recent trip on any of the updated ships recently? We are looking into a Southern Caribbean cruise in 2014 on one of them as they are supposed to be updated with a royal babies and tot nursery as well as other Allure upgrades. I don't think it is complete yet but if anyone has cruised recently on one of the recently upgraded ships, I'd love to hear your thoughts! We love the intimacy of the older , smaller ships but want to make sure the trip will suffice for some friends we are brining along who are new to cruising! Our last trip was the Allure :-)

Thanks. Yes, aware of that spreadsheet. Just wondering if anyone has actually sailed anything that has been revamped recently!

I asked that same question yesterday, but it has gone down a few pages - lotta chat on this board!

The Legend will do Southern Caribbean next year, it is in Asia now and there are a few new reviews, but no detail on the just finished refurb.

I have it booked, my TA got me a price plus several discounts that I cannot refuse.

Sooner or later hopefully someone will post pictures and details, but it will have to be a CC member form North America or Europe - looks like not too many Asia based cruisers post here.

I sailed on two upgraded ships - Freedom of the Seas does the East and West Caribbean alternating weeks - she is a great ship with all the allure/oasis bells and whistles.

Also sailed on Mariner of the Seas over thanksgiving - this also is a great ship and would sail her again - she is the next size down from Freedom but still big enough - had the big screen TV by the pool - flat screens in all cabins - and all the other amenties Freedom and Allure has except for the cupcake factory - but instead it did have a dog house by the pool - any kind of hot dog you want - they were good.

Enjoy whatever cruise you decide. They are all good. :D

I sailed on two upgraded ships - Freedom of the Seas does the East and West Caribbean alternating weeks - she is a great ship with all the allure/oasis bells and whistles.

Also sailed on Mariner of the Seas over thanksgiving - this also is a great ship and would sail her again - she is the next size down from Freedom but still big enough - had the big screen TV by the pool - flat screens in all cabins - and all the other amenties Freedom and Allure has except for the cupcake factory - but instead it did have a dog house by the pool - any kind of hot dog you want - they were good.

Love those ships also but neither of those are scheduled to do a "Southern Caribbean" itinerary...A freedom class ship doing the southern route would be amazing !!!!

Thanks y'all! Yes, we were spoiled by the Allure and I'm so anxious to hear about someone's recent travels and see pictures on any of the new revamped ships! Especially those folks with small children. I've been all over the Caribbean but have never done the Southern Caribbean (st kitts, st Bart's, etc) so I think we are leaning towards that vs Europe....we hear a lot are upgraded with true nurseries for the youngest cruisers (age 6 months) so I would love feedback on adventure ocean too. I may just have to wait until the ships are sailing the itinerary I want and report back!

It did have a dog house by the pool - any kind of hot dog you want - they were good.

Food by the pool! I am so psyched...Disney does this, and I wondered when Royal would try it, too.

Archived