box of wine?

tricky_tink

I am traveling with small kids so we will be carrying on lots of juice and milk. I ask the pvp if I could bring boxed wine instead of bottles. She said thats not a problem lots of people carry those. However, I went to 3 different stores to day and could not find anything less then the 3L box. Am I going to be able to bring that with us in a soft side cooler? We are 2 adults to the one box but 3L is four normal bottles. Are they just not that picky as long as people aren't bringing the 5L boxes or 3L ones per person? I'm looking for useful comments from people who have walked on with these boxes and how that worked for them.

Thank you

I am traveling with small kids so we will be carrying on lots of juice and milk. I ask the pvp if I could bring boxed wine instead of bottles. She said thats not a problem lots of people carry those. However, I went to 3 different stores to day and could not find anything less then the 3L box. Am I going to be able to bring that with us in a soft side cooler? We are 2 adults to the one box but 3L is four normal bottles. Are they just not that picky as long as people aren't bringing the 5L boxes or 3L ones per person? I'm looking for useful comments from people who have walked on with these boxes and how that worked for them.

Thank you

Check Target for their "Wine Cubes."

How do you disguise it? Take it out of the box, wrap it in clothes or put a wig on it?...lol jk. But really how it's a box filled with liquid can't the screeners see that? I was told liquids will show up as an organic matter colored orange so they are easy to spot.

Just pack it with your undies and you will have no problems at all. We have done it at least 5 times with 0 issues, including vodka, rum etc. As long as you use plastic bottles with plastic caps you are good to go. We even took a magic bullet on board and I was making frozen pina coladas during the sea afternoons.

Is there not juice, milk and wine available on board? Seems strange to bring things they provide.

Is there not shampoo and conditioner available on board and people bring their own? Seems strange to be so rude.

Funny thing about kids they will want juice and milk throughout the day not just breakfast and dinner. I won't let them drink lemonade all day..too much sugar. They are little kids and I don't need them hyped up anymore than the Breeze's waterworks is going to have them. Wine is an allowed I'm just curious as to how they will handle my box o wine. For all I know it will be so yucky I'll toss it once I taste it but still would like to at least try to bring it. A glass of wine a day makes mommy not go crazy in a small room with 3 boys! So thank you for your non constructive opinoin on the matter. :rolleyes:

Funny thing about kids they will want juice and milk throughout the day not just breakfast and dinner. I won't let them drink lemonade all day..too much sugar. They are little kids and I don't need them hyped up anymore than the Breeze's waterworks is going to have them. Wine is an allowed I'm just curious as to how they will handle my box o wine. For all I know it will be so yucky I'll toss it once I taste it but still would like to at least try to bring it. A glass of wine a day makes mommy not go crazy in a small room with 3 boys! So thank you for your non constructive opinoin on the matter. :rolleyes:

Ignore the ignorant people on here.. There's too many. Thank goodness for the helpful ones.

I know the main topic is wine and I can't help with the box wine question, but I wanted to ask you about the milk. Are you bringing a special type of milk or will the milk (specifically whole milk) be limited on board? I ask because this will be my first cruise with an avid milk drinker (18 months) and I thought the milk would be unlimited and available at all times.

Leave the kids at home.

Is there not juice, milk and wine available on board? Seems strange to bring things they provide.

A 5 oz glass of wine on the ship is $6-$8.00

A 17 ounce wine cube is $2.50.

Saving money is the American Way. Are you against the American Way?

No problem. You should know milk is only available durring breakfast or dinner. I have heard you can call room service for it but my kid like yours will drink it more often then I want to be sitting in the room waiting for a glass. I am bringing the small bottles of whole milk and some chocolate ones too. Also bring snacks. As long as they are sealed your ok taking them off the ship at ports. I'm bring dried fruit, nuts packages, granola bars and small bags of gold fish. Kids need snacks and I don't want to wait in a line for 45 minutes to get pizza or a burger when all they really need is a little something before the next meal. Have fun!

Is there not shampoo and conditioner available on board and people bring their own? Seems strange to be so rude.

Sorry you made the choice to determine I was intending to be rude to the OP, I was not. It did not occur to me that some may have milk and juice needs that the ship cannot provide. Its just that those things are available and free of charge so I was curious as to why someone would bring their own, and initially thought perhaps the OP was unaware those things would be available to them. Geez! Lighten up Francis!

As a beverage professional, I can assure you the wine in the wine cubes from Target is as good or better than the wine you will pay top dollar for onboard a ship.

No problem. You should know milk is only available durring breakfast or dinner. I have heard you can call room service for it but my kid like yours will drink it more often then I want to be sitting in the room waiting for a glass. I am bringing the small bottles of whole milk and some chocolate ones too. Also bring snacks. As long as they are sealed your ok taking them off the ship at ports. I'm bring dried fruit, nuts packages, granola bars and small bags of gold fish. Kids need snacks and I don't want to wait in a line for 45 minutes to get pizza or a burger when all they really need is a little something before the next meal. Have fun!

Thanks! So much to think about!!!!

A 5 oz glass of wine on the ship is $6-$8.00

A 17 ounce wine cube is $2.50.

Saving money is the American Way. Are you against the American Way?

My 3 liter box of wine will cost say $ 12.00. One bottle of wine on CCL will cost $ 20.

Kind of makes it a no brainer, doesnt it?

My 3 liter box of wine will cost say $ 12.00. One bottle of wine on CCL will cost $ 20.

Kind of makes it a no brainer, doesnt it?

When we were newbies to cruising, I was shocked at the 1/2 glass of wine we got and paid big bucks for it. That did it for us and have smuggled ever since.

Archived