Just off the CB 3/2/13 sailing AFT d 734

Kenomed

We last sailed on the CB in Feb of 2006. We were a little nervous about some of the comments on other threads. I am not sure what everyone else thought, however My wife and I found the Ship in great shape. They were working on some of the railings during our trip, however the ship itself looked great. We were booked in D 734, an aft balcony. The room was fine, the balcony was larger then a standard balcony.

We took a hotel transfer from the Courtyard cruiseport. We arived at the terminal around 10:30. We were in boarding group 2 and were in our room before noon. It was very smooth.

The food was fine, however we did not dine in the Main dining room every night. We found a seat overlooking the back pool with our food from the buffet - was the best seat on the ship. The particular wait staff we had in the main dinning room was the only part of the trip that we found sub-par. Others we spoke to had great service, we did not.

Croners bar was a great place for a drink, the service was great and it was a nice place to people watch.

The international cafe was one of my favorite places. It was not nearly as busy as I expected it to be and the coffee was great. It was also a place we went before each day at shore as they also have egg sandwiches in addition to the pastry, so it was quick and easy.

The shows were fine. The comedian was good, I was not impressed with the magician. The other shows were fine. Blackjack table was fun, when we could find a seat.

Our trip bypassed Princess Cays as the winds were too high and the Captain felt it was unsafe for the tenders. As a result, we were in port for Curacao by 8:00 am for a full day ashore.

Overall the trip was very relaxing.... no problem finding a chair, usually toward the back of the ship.

If you have any questions, I would be happy to respond if I can.

• 7 months later...

Archived