California Coastal itinerary change

cvpends

We're on the California Coastal on the Sapphire March 30. I just received an e-mail saying the itinerary has changed. The largest change is that we arrive in San Francisco at 4:30 and stay until 4:30 the next day. I wonder how people will feel about this? For me, this means we can't attend our planned event in SF, as it will only be from 2 to 5, and doesn't happen at any other time (it's the members-only preview of the new Exploratorium at Pier 15.) Not a big deal, as we can see the new museum a different time.

Anyway, I thought I would throw this at you and get your opinions. I'm especially wondering what you think caused the itinerary change.

Actually, for us, it would work better... But we have not been notified, at least not yet, about a change, but I will check our itinerary... Of course, I have not received any of the other emails welcoming you onboard, with who the captain will be, etc.). So, I'd better check, and I will report back if this is only for your sailing.

So far, our itinerary is remaining the same...

We are on that same cruise and did not receive any notification. I checked my both my email and my cruise page. I am also concerned that I still do not have a cabin assigned. I have had a guarantee where I did not have the cabin until getting to the pier, but on that sailing there were a lot of rooms available. For this cruise it has been closed out for almost a week. I wonder if they are overbooked.

I read the post about the change on your roll call just a bit ago and checked out other sailings---sadly, yours is the only one (so far)....And, yes---the March 30th has the changed itinerary on the TA side of booking....sounds official....We are on the April 13th sailing and hoping against hope that change doesn't occur on our sailing....as it may change my Alcatraz evening :eek:

The change is due to the tides. It says it on the update they sent this morning.

I have been waiting for and still have not received that update e-mail. I wonder how they decide when and who to send it to?

I question (not you, but the explanation from Princess) that the change is due to the tides. Tides are well understood and known years in advance, so they should have been able to schedule around them.

I worry about all the people planning Napa or Sonoma County wine country excursions, Alcatraz, Muir Woods, etc. excursions -- they are left in a bind, especially since many booked this cruise for the Bay Area experience. I live here, so it doesn't matter so much to me.

Have you checked the important notices part of the personalizer?

Thanks, I've now found that, by clicking on the itinerary (is there another way to find it?) This is what it says:

ITINERARY CHANGE

Please be advised that due to tidal constraints, Sapphire Princess will now

arrive into San Francisco on March 31 at 4:30 pm and not 1:00 pm as originally

scheduled and will now depart on April 1 at 4:30 pm and not 1:00 pm as

originally scheduled. To accommodate this change, the call time in Santa

Barbara will now be 9:00 am - 7:00 pm and not 8:00 am - 6:00 pm. Due to the

delayed arrival into San Francisco, we unfortunately will be unable to offer

any shore excursions on March 31. All reserved shore excursions on this day

will be cancelled. We will offer tours on April 1 and the finalized program

will be available shortly. Please check the Cruise Personalizer at

http://www.princess.com for the updated program. Passengers with independent tour

arrangements should be guided accordingly. Thank you for your attention to this

notification. We apologize for any disappointment this change may cause, and we

look forward to welcoming you onboard Sapphire Princess.

spacer.gif

I notice that the Grand is scheduled to depart San Francisco at 4 o'clock the day we arrive. Could that be related? How many Princess ships can be at port in San Francisco at one time?

Archived