Breeze vs Valor?

GGfisher

We are trying to decide between the 6 night cruise on the Breeze out of Miami with stops in Grand Turk, Ocho Rios and Nassau or the 7 night on the Valor out of San Juan stopping at St Thomas, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts and St Maarten. Including the flight, the price is about even.

Our only cruising experience was last year on Paradise stopping in Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

We are trying to decide between the 6 night cruise on the Breeze out of Miami with stops in Grand Turk, Ocho Rios and Nassau or the 7 night on the Valor out of San Juan stopping at St Thomas, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts and St Maarten. Including the flight, the price is about even.

Our only cruising experience was last year on Paradise stopping in Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

I know the Breeze is newer and all, but I would choose the Valor. I would probably be happy on any ship (and both will be bigger and have more amenities than the Paradise!)

It's an extra day, has more (and arguably better ports!) for about the same price. Even the departure city of San Juan sounds more exciting than Miami! :)

I've been on and enjoyed both ships. If ports are more important to you, I'd definitely choose the Valor. If the ship is more important, I'd definitely choose the Breeze.

I've been on the Breeze and I loved it! Although I haven't been on the Valor, I did the San Juan itinerary on the Victory and it's far and away a better cruise than the 6-day on the Breeze IMHO. In a way you get 6 ports if you count San Juan itself as a port. The islands visited on this cruise are amazing and other than my TA on the Breeze, the San Juan cruise is my very favorite. That's what I'd do.

I can't say anything about Breeze, but I did recently sail the southern Carib. itinerary (on Victory), and have sailed on Valor (it's my favorite ship).

San Juan was just great. We arrived two days early and stayed at the hip little Pop Art Hotel. We rented electric bikes down at the pier and had an excellent and easy day touring San Juan at our own pace. Great restaurants, wonderful food. If I did it again, I'd add an extra day or two for SJ.

We enjoyed all of the ports, although St. Kitts was a favorite of mine. We did the train tour around the island.

We rented kayaks (a bit pricey) at Magens Bay, and the pizza they served at the beach was probably the best I've ever tasted -- others may not agree because pizza is many different things to many people, but to me it was worth going back just for that.

We kayaked in St. Maarten as well, at Simpson Bay.

My only, minor, complaint about that itinerary is that I would prefer one less port and one more day at sea. Others like the extra port, however, and it's really no big deal.

Valor's decor is based on an Americana theme. To me, it's the most attractive ship, so far.

I would pick the Valor! Why?? Because I did :D:D. I sail in May!

6 Caribbean Islands and only 1 sea day, in 7 days, is a no brainer for me.

Haven't been on the Breeze but have been to Nassau. We just got back from the Valor and the Southern Caribbean route and we loved it! I cruise for the ports, not the ship, as that's what I prefer. So, if I had a choice of the two you mentioned, I would pick the Valor.

Valor without a doubt.Easy choice

• 1 year later...

I was googling the same thought for my next cruise next year 2015. I had it narrowed down to the Breeze Ocho Rios, Cozumel, and GC, It is perfect for my birthday in March, but only 6 days or

The Valor, Southern Itinerary. I've been there before on the Victory just a couple of years ago, and really wanted to update my time there. I know she will get her 2.0 upgrades by May next year 2015. I'm leaning on choosing this route,

funny what you google and what pops up!! I think I will choose the Valor.

Nancy

The valor is a great ship, even without the ports the port of San Juan is wonderful and the crew is very good on this ship. We have sailed her twice and highly recommend it as a choice. You won't be disappointed.

I was just debating on this very topic and I chose the Valor. I just cruised the Breeze three weeks ago and I loved her!!! The Breeze is a beautiful ship (it's my favorite ship now), I would love to sail her again but this trip isn't about me😏. So the Valor it is, I think of is as having two vacations in one☺️and I am looking forward to the ports!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums