Allure Cabin 10729 - thoughts? pictures?

We are booked for Spring Break 2014 on the Allure. It will be me, my husband and 2 kids (ages 7 and 9 at the time of the cruise).

In 2011 we took the kids on the Freedom and booked 2 connecting Promenade cabins. We thought this was great - 2 bathrooms, lots of space, a place for us to hang out while the kids slept.

In booking this trip, cost was definitely a factor and since it's spring break everything costs more, so we opted for ONE balcony room. We went with 10729. We have never booked a balcony, so we figured this would be a good start - a view, entertaining, yet would give us some space to sit outside and relax while the kids sleep.

I'm just wondering if we made the right choice - I'm concerned about kids on a balcony, the LONG walk to the end of the hallway, lack of the extra bathroom and the noise level.

Any insight or reassurance that I made the right choice? I was super excited about it at first, but now I'm second guessing myself.

Thanks!!

We have 11729 booked on Oasis in a couple of months.... so I hope you made a good choice!

Personally I think your kids will be fine with the balcony as far as safety is concerned. Yes -- it will be a LONG walk to the cabin. I've had aft cabins on other classes of ships and I know Oasis is way bigger than those.

Can't really solve your bathroom issue though. I've heard some families utilize the shower area in the gym sometimes to speed things along in the morning. Since I've never been on Allure, I'm not sure if that's an option.

But from what I'm reading... I think the view from your cabin will be awesome and a nice treat since it will be your first balcony.

I say stick with it and enjoy!

Get that excitement back!

Ann

I have cruise with my kids at a similar age and the balcony was not a problem.

We are able to share the bathroom just fine. The only issue is being sure to start early enough on formal night for 4 showers. My kids did not shower until after they had breakfast, and before the kids club, or they showered the night before if we were going on an excursion. We usually take turns when we get back from an excursion.

We have 11729 booked on Oasis in a couple of months.... so I hope you made a good choice!

Personally I think your kids will be fine with the balcony as far as safety is concerned. Yes -- it will be a LONG walk to the cabin. I've had aft cabins on other classes of ships and I know Oasis is way bigger than those.

Can't really solve your bathroom issue though. I've heard some families utilize the shower area in the gym sometimes to speed things along in the morning. Since I've never been on Allure, I'm not sure if that's an option.

But from what I'm reading... I think the view from your cabin will be awesome and a nice treat since it will be your first balcony.

Ann

Ann,

are you referring to your May 18 Oasis cruise? My wife and I are booked in 11728, right across the hall from you!

Oh, and dibs on the 'secret' balcony!

We are booked for Spring Break 2014 on the Allure. It will be me, my husband and 2 kids (ages 7 and 9 at the time of the cruise).

In 2011 we took the kids on the Freedom and booked 2 connecting Promenade cabins. We thought this was great - 2 bathrooms, lots of space, a place for us to hang out while the kids slept.

In booking this trip, cost was definitely a factor and since it's spring break everything costs more, so we opted for ONE balcony room. We went with 10729. We have never booked a balcony, so we figured this would be a good start - a view, entertaining, yet would give us some space to sit outside and relax while the kids sleep.

I'm just wondering if we made the right choice - I'm concerned about kids on a balcony, the LONG walk to the end of the hallway, lack of the extra bathroom and the noise level.

Any insight or reassurance that I made the right choice? I was super excited about it at first, but now I'm second guessing myself.

Thanks!!

October 2011 and 2012 I had this cabin. I absolutely love the location and the boardwalk balconies. I don't think the balcony will be an issue. This cabin only has a sofa and the 2 twin beds (these can be put together for a king ( I don't think there was a pull down bed). It will be really tight with the sofa made into a bed. The walk was never an issue for me (I am 65). Noise was never a problem unless you go to bed very early. My very favorite cabin on the Allure. I love being able to watch the shows and other entertainment and especially love seeing the ocean. Enjoy your cruise.

One of the best balcony rooms we have had was a similar one - and the deck 11 option gives the 'secret" balcony. Hint, people know about it, but it is so far of a walk no one goes to it! Yeah, the walk is a long one, but well worth it to get the room you have. Quick showers will solve the issue!!

Ann

You made a great choice ! Have been in that cabin and loved it! Enjoy you huge balcony out back:D

We were just on allure and had cabin 11727. View was amazing! Noise level was fine. Access to "secret balcony" was so convenient, the weather was chilly first few days, so we just used the loungers out there and brought our beverages with us since there was no need to be by pool. Watched water show practices, captains corner, belly flop and sexest man contest from there. Did sailaway from st Martin with room service and champagne from there. It was great!!!,

On our upcoming Allure cruise, we were worried about squeezing four (2 adults 2 kids) into one cabin. Our TA suggested 2 connecting cabins and I said I could not afford it... He came back with a quote. Using our C&A discount, it was $40/p more. I was shocked. We booked it simply for the convenience of having double the space and two bathrooms.

Archived