Best way to pack wine?

clsee1515

I assume that you're planning to put this in checked baggage? Wrap each bottle in a plastic bag, and then roll it in a shirt or a sweater. Then place it deep inside clothing in your suitcase, ensuring that it's supported on all sides (think three-dimensionally) and nowhere near contacting any hard surface or hard object.

I've brought half a dozen or so bottles of Aussie or Kiwi wine safely back to the UK in checked baggage like this.

If packing in your checked baggage I would highly suggest buying a hard sided wine bag and using that.

Reason? Since 9/11 I have had my checked luggage searched (because I get the little notice inside saying so) almost everytime I've flown. Things are generally not in the same place. A piece of clothing was damaged becuase it was snagged on something else. Point being the security folks are not going to take great care that the wine is securely placed back where it was if they search your bag. With the wine safely in the hard sided carrier, doesn't matter where it ends up.

I have 2 of these hard sided 2 bottle wine carriers, I love them.

Archived