Which would u hang on to/which would release?

JosieRhodes

So wanted to get Alaska cruise reserved... So have two courtesy holds right now on Radiance of the Seas Southbound Alaska July 4th 2014 sailing.... First time to Alaska, and first time to have balcony... And need cabin that sleeps more than two, but not going to book a suite, so ruled out aft cabins... So it is between cabin 9076 which is forward of elevators, seems slightly bigger room but smaller balcony vs. 8102 which has slightly smaller room (I think), bigger balcony and faces back... So both are, I guess, classified as hump cabins...

So going back and forth as not going to put deposit on both... Husband was wondering if better views to and from ports from the back facing one as he though we actually backed in to most ports on our last cruise, but don't have a clue if this would apply to ports in Alaska...

Also I have found pics of these types of rooms but not with beds out for night time, wondering what that looks like if anyone has pics...

Thanks very much as I am really waffling on this, and seems so far from now but need to make at least a short term decision for tomorrow, kids making fun of me for pouring over the deck plans :)

Yes, sorry if confusing, but I meant that I am not considering any aft cabins as u are correct that unfortunately all seem to be two person cabins...

So both 8102 and 9076 are by the hump, but one is forward of the main elevators and 8102 is "behind" the main elevators so thinking the view is more unobstructed looking toward the back, if that makes sense. Also a D1 vs E1...

I would take the one with the bigger balcony, those are the cabins that get taken first. Especially if there are lounge chairs out there. If they are exactly the same I would take the forward one but either would be great. I haven't cruised before so what do I know, but I've been reading up a lot and that is what everyone has been saying so I booked a hump room with the Jewel of the Seas and am super excited. There was even a video of my room on youtube. Good luck!

So you get 25 sq.ft. more and a balcony that is about twice the size of a regular balcony or you get the smaller cabin that has a balcony 3-4 times the size of a regular balcony. I would decide by first looking at the difference in price between the two. Then you mentioned it had to sleep more than two - 3 or 4?. Are these kids, adults, elderly? How much space will you need? Would that extra 25 sq.ft. help more than the size of the balcony?

Two kids, was thinking one on sofa bed and one on pullman, I think, though hard to find much info on it, is that the e1 might be a loveseat type fulton pull out that is not that comfortable vs regular sofa bed in the d1. The price isn't that much different (to me). I was going to go with the e1 until read somewhere that the type of sofa bed is part of difference between categories, and since many only use these rooms for two people, not that much info out there on subject. Also conflicting info out there. I just don't want my daughter happy as a clam in the Pullman, and my son overly uncomfortable on the sofa bed... Just want it to be equally comfortable or uncomfortable. :) Last cruise we had a family promenade room which had a lot of space, daughter took bunk bed, and son was happy on pull out couch. I don't want a js as seems like no pullman option, and all the two room combos were too much $ rather put towards excursions, etc. thanks for the feedback.

If it's Alaska, I believe you would probably spend a lot of times on open deck walking/watching from side to side. Balcony is used when it gets too cold and you need some warmth nearby.

Personally would rather go for a bigger room.

Thanks for the input. Sometimes just good for me to" talk/write outloud" Went with the slightly bigger room, not that much more space, but having a sofa vs. a small loveseat was the decision point for sleeping four. When I called, they said the D1 room could in theory hold five, even though not listed like that.

ps. Actually I did call Royal Caribbean twice, and while they did give different answers on where pullman is located in 9076, they did both confirm that 8102 only had a twin sofa pull out vs. 9076 is supposedly a double with slightly more floor space when beds are open.

Archived