Question re 10 day Soutern Carib Seafarer

There are three formal nights.

We have done that itinerary a great many times.

Post the itinerary (I don't feel like researching it :D) and we can tell you which are the formal nights.

I'm in the process of writing a (lengthy) review - I'm not really a big cruiser but went for my mom's sake since she can't really travel alone anymore (she's four star). She wasn't going ashore so I just planned what I would enjoy on my own. Which is primarily relaxing on a lovely beach, and browsing shops without spending much.

Overall it was an nice cruise; some parts great, some boring. We had overcast and partly rainy weather the first few days. My one HAL excursion was cancelled due to high winds - the Ultimate Snorkel on Grand Turk. I booked two private excursions and was happy with them both - Woodwind Snorkel in Bonaire, and the IRIE east side bus tour in Curacao.

I did extensively research all HAL and private excursions and probably would have done more if my husband had come along. Some others were tempting but more $$ than I wanted to spend.

I met some of my objectives.

Not met on Half Moon Cay - swimming/snorkeling (overcast and some rain)

Not met on Grand Turk - snorkeling and the Margaritaville pool (high winds, overcast, cool, some rain).

Met on Samana - tender ashore and walk around. I thought about getting a larimar ring but couldn't find one I liked in my size.

Met on Bonaire - snorkeling tour and shopping in town (target - Bonaire sea salt purchased in craft market)

Met on Curacao - IRIE tour, sightseeing around town including synagogue visit, shopping (target - Gouda cheese, only available near dock)

Met on Aruba - swimming at Eagle Beach (took the Arubus) and shopping in town (target - Aruba Aloe products, purchased at shop in Renaissance)

Archived