How long can we stay on the ship last day?

CarolinaMamma

We will be sailing on Preziosa from Genoa March 31. Our flight out leaves at 5 p.m. so we are currently struggling with what to do all day and how to handle all the luggage for a family of 5. The cruise line does not offer any disembarkation excursions or luggage storage.

Obviously, we have to vacate our cabin early so they can clean it, which is no problem.

My question is, given that this is a cruise where people seem to embark and disembark at at least 3 different ports, (Genoa, Barcelona, Marseille) and they are not clearing the entire ship the day we get off, is it possible to stay a little longer and at least have a breakfast that is not completely rushed? Do you think they would let us stay on the ship until, say 10:00 a.m? Or would this create a problem because our luggage was sitting there not being picked up?

Will our Allegrissimo beverage package still work the morning of disembarkation so we can get a cappuccino?

Has anyone else had experience with how MSC manages this and by when we would need to be off the ship? US customer service was not able to answer this question or give any suggestions.

Everyone will be given a time and an area to meet at and then you get off, my friends were 8:30, we were 9:30 but you don't have to attend and can just get off when you want it's to stop people all getting off together. I think 10 would be fine aslong as you're out of you're room you could stay on the ship for a bit. The all inclusive will still work for the day you leave and you can still use your card to purchase on the day you leave. Breakfast is chaos on the day you leave, we didn't even bother.

Yes 10 will be fine.

How do you know there are no disembarkation tours available? They don't publish them online, just provide the details onboard.

I called MSC US customer service and they said there were no disembarkation excursions. I even tried asking the question multiple ways. Then I asked for suggestions, or what other passengers typically do when they have a luggage and a lot of time between disembarkation and their flight. The guy just seemed completely dumbfounded.

Are you saying that we may find out about disembarkation excursions while on board? Given how expensive it is to get online and make calls from the ship, I would prefer to have a plan before we set sail. Especially since waiting around the airport all day could be hellish. But maybe going in without a plan and playing it by ear is the Italian way.

Do you think UK customer service would know anything? Should I call US customer service back and hope for someone more knowledgeable?

CarolinaMama .... Found this on trip advisor hope this might help, also below is an Interactive map link showing the port and rail station. The page also gives some suggestion on how to get there. Left click on the map Move it to the Right and you will see the Airport on the Left side.

5. Re: Trains Station Luggage Storage

11 February 2013, 22:47

Hi Jenni, ha ha!! I just finished my MSC cruise on Splendida in Genoa on 29 Dec 2012 and I can tell you the answer for sure. YES.

"LUCKILY I discovered there is Luggage Storage available on platform 11 at the Genova PP train station from 8am to 8pm 7 days a week (summer and winter) - cost was EUR5 for a few hours. "

http://www.raileurope.co.uk/default.aspx?tabid=1201

I called MSC US customer service and they said there were no disembarkation excursions. I even tried asking the question multiple ways. Then I asked for suggestions, or what other passengers typically do when they have a luggage and a lot of time between disembarkation and their flight. The guy just seemed completely dumbfounded.

Are you saying that we may find out about disembarkation excursions while on board? Given how expensive it is to get online and make calls from the ship, I would prefer to have a plan before we set sail. Especially since waiting around the airport all day could be hellish. But maybe going in without a plan and playing it by ear is the Italian way.

Do you think UK customer service would know anything? Should I call US customer service back and hope for someone more knowledgeable?

No I don't think the UK Customer Service would be any better. I've almost had fliers delivered to my cabin publishing disembarkation tours. I've only ever seen them mentioned onboard.

Have a plan B, like using the luggage store that Sidari mentions and if there is a tour available onboard, you can consider that. Luggage store and DIY around Genoa and taxi to the airport is going to be a lot cheaper than a disembarkation excursion.

Hi

I was onboard MSC Fantasia last year and I stayed onboard until 10am.

Though officially the latest time to leave the ship is by 9AM.

Also you will get kicked out of your cabin (very early) at 7am.

Yes there is a luggage storage facility at the train station in Genoa which is less than a 5 minute walk away.

Though be warned if you stay onboard later than 9am your luggage will be collected from the terminal and moved and you will have to find a member of staff in the terminal to get it for you.

The Allgressimo package runs out on the last full day of the cruise so on disembarkation you can only get the free coffee in the buffet or restaurant. You can however use a credit card to pay for a drink (but this is not always available)

We will be sailing on Preziosa from Genoa March 31. Our flight out leaves at 5 p.m. so we are currently struggling with what to do all day and how to handle all the luggage for a family of 5. The cruise line does not offer any disembarkation excursions or luggage storage.

Obviously, we have to vacate our cabin early so they can clean it, which is no problem.

My question is, given that this is a cruise where people seem to embark and disembark at at least 3 different ports, (Genoa, Barcelona, Marseille) and they are not clearing the entire ship the day we get off, is it possible to stay a little longer and at least have a breakfast that is not completely rushed? Do you think they would let us stay on the ship until, say 10:00 a.m? Or would this create a problem because our luggage was sitting there not being picked up?

Will our Allegrissimo beverage package still work the morning of disembarkation so we can get a cappuccino?

Has anyone else had experience with how MSC manages this and by when we would need to be off the ship? US customer service was not able to answer this question or give any suggestions.

We just came of the Splendida in Genua. I do not know about luggage storage at the station but I guess it should be know problem. We stored our luggage at the station in Milan.

Our assigned time to get off the ship was 10.05 but we had to get out off the cabin at 07.00. If I remember correct, the last guest had to be off at around 10.15.

Our Allegrisimo package worked also on the morning of disembarkation, we are had some espresso's.

Archived