Artificial Sweetner

queenreen

Ok, yes I am picky...but can someone please tell me what are my choices for artificial sweetner on the Epic.

I like to have Sweet N Low for my tea and just wandering if I need to bring my own.

Thanks

No need to bring your own, Sweet N Low was readily available on the Epic.

Ok, yes I am picky...but can someone please tell me what are my choices for artificial sweetner on the Epic.

I like to have Sweet N Low for my tea and just wandering if I need to bring my own.

Thanks

Had all types... pink, yellow and blue - sweet n low, splenda, nutrasweet respectively... oh yeah - regular cane and brown sugar... honey too LOL. You may want to ask your room steward for extra if you are planning on making tea in your cabin.

thanks for the article, Dave. I learned right after a mylodysplasia (early leukemia) diagnosis about artificial sweeteners. I used A LOT of them and stopped. My blood work managed to get back to normal limits after I cleaned up what I put in my body. I was told that stuff was bad but chose to ignore it. Thank God I was able to clean up my body!

thanks for the article, Dave. I learned right after a mylodysplasia (early leukemia) diagnosis about artificial sweeteners. I used A LOT of them and stopped. My blood work managed to get back to normal limits after I cleaned up what I put in my body. I was told that stuff was bad but chose to ignore it. Thank God I was able to clean up my body!

glad to hear it. i hope everything works out for you.

happy cruising :)

What I did not see mentioned in that article is that aspartame is metabolized by your liver into formaldehyde.

It is actually listed in the chemical MSDS.

I found this out the hard way after developing horrific crippling leg cramps. I had gotten to the point that I could not walk when a friend pointed this out to me. Apparently I am one of the few who cannot eliminate formaldehyde easily and it had built up in my system and was damaging my muscles. With all the media hype concerning formaldehyde and wood paneling you would think this would make the news and aspartame would finally be banned.

I do use sucralose and saccharin, though. I am a reactive hypoglycemic and just cannot handle sugar in a drink...I literally crash afterwards.

I need to get on the Stevia wagon....

Archived