WN3660 Minor collision at DTW this morning

goodml

Just a bit of news. One of my good friends was on Southwest flight 3660 this morning out of Detroit enroute to Denver and texted that they had a minor collision with another plane while taxiing. They of course were all deplaned and are in process of getting everyone out on different flights. She's reporting that she's got a 10 hour or so wait in the airport now for another flight and lost her A19 early bird boarding spot for a late B spot on the next flight. Nothing on the news that I can find. Someone's in a bit of hot water at DTW this morning I'd guess. Glad it was only minor.

Just a bit of news. One of my good friends was on Southwest flight 3660 this morning out of Detroit enroute to Denver and texted that they had a minor collision with another plane while taxiing. They of course were all deplaned and are in process of getting everyone out on different flights. She's reporting that she's got a 10 hour or so wait in the airport now for another flight and lost her A19 early bird boarding spot for a late B spot on the next flight. Nothing on the news that I can find. Someone's in a bit of hot water at DTW this morning I'd guess. Glad it was only minor.

Yep, I'm glad she can focus on the really important stuff. Wonder if WN will refund the Early Bird fee.....:rolleyes:

News report from WXYZ is HERE.

But what value did it add to the "accident report"? You obviously added it in to get some response because it certainly had nothing to do with the incident. Let me re-phrase your report. Planes collide in a minor accident at DTW. Friends lose their place in line for best seats. Oh, and no one was hurt on the plane. Seems to me FlyerTalker was just putting your comment into perspective.

But what value did it add to the "accident report"? You obviously added it in to get some response because it certainly had nothing to do with the incident. Let me re-phrase your report. Planes collide in a minor accident at DTW. Friends lose their place in line for best seats. Oh, and no one was hurt on the plane. Seems to me FlyerTalker was just putting your comment into perspective.

Omg chill. :D I'm sure flyer talker is just fine without you putting up your dukes.

I thought it was relatively amusing that this is what some people coming off the plane were annoyed about. Including my friend. it's a sign of the times. Apparently it's necessary to always write a disclaimer for those who are incapable of gleaning anything deeper out of a post. Though after a decade on CC I should certainly remember that some of you just live to chastise the renegades lol.

Omg chill. :D I'm sure flyer talker is just fine without you putting up your dukes.

I thought it was relatively amusing that this is what some people coming off the plane were annoyed about. Including my friend. it's a sign of the times. Apparently it's necessary to always write a disclaimer for those who are incapable of gleaning anything deeper out of a post. Though after a decade on CC I should certainly remember that some of you just live to chastise the renegades lol.

And yet you found it necessary to chastise FlyerTalker for his comment and now me. Maybe next time you should say "I find it amusing that her concern was her place in line".... then we would know that it was meant to be humor on your side instead of including it in the same sentence as her long wait... which was serious and relevant. Hard to tell when people are writing and not talking in person that they are trying to be humorous.

Thank you for letting in on this information. Some of us can use it without attacking you for posting it.

Thank you for letting in on this information. Some of us can use it without attacking you for posting it.

Thanks Pete:)

I'm pleased to report my friend is now on board her replacement flight and happily making her way to Denver. So as not to offend I will refrain from posting the compensation given.

One of my good friends was on Southwest flight 3660 this morning out of Detroit enroute to Denver and texted that they had a minor collision with another plane while taxiing.

From the newsphoto, ouch!! The "minor" damage to the one plane in the photo will probably be about $100,000. And they didn't show the other plane. The person(s) with some explaining to do will probably be the "spotters" who are supposed to watch the wing and tail clearance as the plane is pushed out of the gate. Also if planes at two adjacent gates were being pushed back at the same time as the article suggests, that may not have been by the book either.

As an aside I was surprised at how few passengers were on both flights.

Sounds like your friends were traveling the day before sailaway....bet they are glad about that!

Archived