cabin selected by NCL: #8156, STAR

COASTERBOB

I jus booked a guarantee J catagory on the Star (11/1 sailing), and was assigned #8156 which is the FURTHEST back inside cabin on the deck 8 (just infront of the Aft Penthouse cabins). Is this an ok location? We never stayed that far Aft on past cruises.........(I noticed it is only a short walk to the stairs, 1 flight down to the Red Lion Pub....and that is a good thing for me! LOL )......thanks, Bob

We were 8137 and others in our group were as far back as 8159. I thought it was a great location. Just an elevator ride to the buffet, ice cream bar, blue lagoon, Red lion pub, and especially convenient to the Versailles Restaurant, which was my favorite. The theater is far away, but we only went there once a day, as opposed to the Versailles, which has the potential for 3 trips per day! When you're hungry, to boot! Most of the other attractions were passed many times while strolling, getting of the ship in port, etc, so I never felt isolated back in the aft.

P. S. My deck map shows 8156 as an oceanview cat C

Looks like you got a fairly nice upgrade, from an inside cabin to an outside one, so congratulations on that! We kind of prefer being aft, even if it means walking a bit, there seems to be less foot traffic. Your cabin will be a bit larger, a major plus for you, in addition to the window. Congratulations!

Looks like you got a fairly nice upgrade, from an inside cabin to an outside one, so congratulations on that! We kind of prefer being aft, even if it means walking a bit, there seems to be less foot traffic. Your cabin will be a bit larger, a major plus for you, in addition to the window. Congratulations!

Oops, I got the # wrong. It is cabin #8165, inside, so we did not get an upgrade....................yet. LOL I was just looking for cruisers who had AFT cabin experience. I think we'll stay with it. Thanks, Bob

• 3 years later...

Hello! We were just upgraded from an inside to an oceanview 8156 (Star)so I was glad to find this thread--old thread! We've always stayed midship so aft is new for us. Looking at the map it does look like a good location as far as getting to the food and such.

Do you feel more movement in the front of the ship and hear engine noises in the back of the ship? Just wandering if aft is best. So excited to cruise in January for FREE for all 4 of us! Finally had enough to cash in the Compass Rewards. Of course we'd finally find a great program and it ends! No compaints though!!!

Hello! We were just upgraded from an inside to an oceanview 8156 (Star)so I was glad to find this thread--old thread! We've always stayed midship so aft is new for us. Looking at the map it does look like a good location as far as getting to the food and such.

Do you feel more movement in the front of the ship and hear engine noises in the back of the ship? Just wandering if aft is best. So excited to cruise in January for FREE for all 4 of us! Finally had enough to cash in the Compass Rewards. Of course we'd finally find a great program and it ends! No compaints though!!!

We were in cabin 8652 on the opposite of where you will be. We loved the location. Easy to get places. Didn't feel alot of movement or hear engine noise. Enjoy your cruise we did. Loved the Star so much going again in February.

After booking midship/inside cabin twice, we got an upgrade from a balcony (midship) to a suite on the aft. I loved it so much, I just booked an aft mini suite on the Pearl. I think you would have to have some terribly rough seas to feel anything on newer ships. I remember the first ship we were on was new probably in the 40's or 50's and we felt every movement. Not so on either the Leeward or the Sky. I think the only two things I heard was the deck being cleaned about us and dropping anchor at GSC. Neither even stopped me from booking aft again. It's really nice if you have a cabin on the back...watching the wake is very relaxing, especially at night!:D

Archived