Tuesday Sale Question

Trying to upgrade cabin on next week's FOS itinerary due to price drop. RCCL is claiming it is a new booking "sale" only. The cruise is not listed on the current Tuesday sale flyer. Are there Tuesday sales not listed on Flyer? Also nothing showing on the "Deals" page on the RCCL website (says N/A for all cabin classes). Any experience?

TIA!!!

Not sure if it is actually a sales event, but people have reported having to ask for resolutions in order to upgrade during any sales event. The upgrade must cost more than your current cabin in order for them to do it. Apparently a regular rep cannot make this type of change.

OK. We tried bumping it up to a supervisor and still no luck. Maybe we need to try "resolutions" instead. We were trying to upgrade from an interior to a junior suite and there was a price increase.

Yes, ask for resolutions. (And let us know what happens)

Just looked and even though the FR is not on the Tuesday sales flyer,it does have some prices that are marked

Crown and Anchor Preview Sale

and

Sales Event

Both do say for NEW BOOKINGS ONLY..:(

tons of resident rate discounts and senior ones too......Not for new bookings only..

Yes let us know what happens. I booked myself on a cruise that I am thinking may show up on a sales flyer any week now and I want to try to upgrade if possible as I had read on here that it can be done by going thru the Resolutions Department

Edit oopps Just noticed that yours is NOT on the sales event. Still curious if you succeed Good luck

It was actually another member of my group who was trying to do the upgrade. I has already upgraded my cabin to a JS 10 days ago on a normal price drop.

The other person who was trying to upgrade decided to not call back after trying the first time. I think he was already too disappointed to be told no again. I wish I had remembered to tell him to ask for resolutions dept the first time rather than just for a supervisor.

We are going to hope for another real price drop in the next few days. The prices for a JS went from 1199pp yesterday to 1849pp today and they didn't sell a single one yesterday at that price (I paid 1349pp for my upgrade and that was a great price!).

Thanks for the input everyone. I am still trying to learn the cruise pricing game. I actually booked another cruise last week even though I will be on a cruise next week and could have booked there with the onboard booking bonus but I wanted a specific cabin and i figured it would be long gone by then. I'll figure out this game one of these days :)

It was actually another member of my group who was trying to do the upgrade. I has already upgraded my cabin to a JS 10 days ago on a normal price drop.

The other person who was trying to upgrade decided to not call back after trying the first time. I think he was already too disappointed to be told no again. I wish I had remembered to tell him to ask for resolutions dept the first time rather than just for a supervisor.

We are going to hope for another real price drop in the next few days. The prices for a JS went from 1199pp yesterday to 1849pp today and they didn't sell a single one yesterday at that price (I paid 1349pp for my upgrade and that was a great price!).

Thanks for the input everyone. I am still trying to learn the cruise pricing game. I actually booked another cruise last week even though I will be on a cruise next week and could have booked there with the onboard booking bonus but I wanted a specific cabin and i figured it would be long gone by then. I'll figure out this game one of these days :)

When you are on the ship if the price for the cruise that you booked is the same book it onboard to get the OBC. The LA should be able to cancel your existing reservation and still snag your same cabin. Good luck and thanks for posting back.

When you are on the ship if the price for the cruise that you booked is the same book it onboard to get the OBC. The LA should be able to cancel your existing reservation and still snag your same cabin. Good luck and thanks for posting back.

Thanks!! I wasn't sure if they would do that but I will definitely look into it. I am sure the price on that next cruise won't change for many months to come.

• 1 month later...

How do you get the emails for the Tuesday Specials or do you just have to log in and find it everyday??

Also I'm not sure how to read the special when it gets down the chart and says 3/4 rate starting at? And single supplement %?

thanks for the help!!! I appreciate it!!

~ Steph:)

How do you get the emails for the Tuesday Specials or do you just have to log in and find it everyday??

Also I'm not sure how to read the special when it gets down the chart and says 3/4 rate starting at? And single supplement %?

thanks for the help!!! I appreciate it!!

~ Steph:)

No emails, I just check this link every Thursday afternoon:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

The 3/4 rate is for the 3rd and 4th person in the same stateroom. The single supplement is the percentage of one person's rate that someone would have to pay if they were the only person in a stateroom.

Archived